Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

800 year old coffin destroyed in photo op

The Caspian Hare

A family’s “unbelievable” antics at a U.K. museum has given new emphasis to the 'look, but don’t touch' rule.

Visitors at a the Prittlewell Priory Museum in Essex managed to break an 800-year-old stone coffin after placing a child inside of it for a photo op, museum officials say.

"Staff heard a thump and that was the first indication something had happened," conservator Claire Reed told the Southend Echo. “It was one of those isolated, terrible incidents.”

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/08/23/800-year-old-coffin-breaks-after-child-put-in-it-for-photo-op.html

• Like 5

Christ, do we need armed guards for museum exhibits now? Why do people not understand the simple instruction of "DO NOT TOUCH"?

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, OverSword said:

YOU DO NOT TOUCH MUSEUM EXHIBITS!!!!!!!!!!

That should be common sense! Oh my god! If I was the main person of the museum I would have banned them for life including the child!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

Christ, do we need armed guards for museum exhibits now? Why do people not understand the simple instruction of "DO NOT TOUCH"?

We will definitely need armed guards in museums if the "offended" get their way and put all the Confederate statues in museums. It won't take long before those museums become offensive as well. 

• Like 1

"I've had a lovely afternoon with my family at the museum.  The only thing that could make this day better would be a picture of my son in a coffin."

:wacko:

• Like 2

Yeah there's definitely some idiocy gone on there but I feel most bad for the monks bones they poured out of the coffin so they could display it.