Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where do aliens come from? (Read on)

Back to the future apb wil

1 hour ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

Helium-3 is actually a bad way to go for Power Generation.

The Galactic Federation uses Crystalline Fusion Generation. It's more reliable.

Heh most moons in the solar system will have He3.. its not special to our moon.. Better lay of the sauce and stop watching you tube so much.. its making you loopy mate..

always found it funny with the idea that aliens came to earth to mine our resources.. when the asteroid belt has far more and easier to get then digging on this dirt ball ..

Edited by DingoLingo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DingoLingo said:

always found it funny with the idea that aliens came to earth to mine our resources..

Hell if they can jump from one point in space to another. Earth's resources are nothing. You've got a whole universe to harvest from.

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Hell if they can jump from one point in space to another. Earth's resources are nothing. You've got a whole universe to harvest from.

I know.. I have wondered for awhile if the matter from a neutron star would make some kind of power source..

*cue Ceres wading in on some story about how the Galactic Federation of Light Laughter uses it to flush their toilets or something*

Ok Sci Boffins.. I know your reading this thread.. whats your opinion on matter from a neutron star.. viable future source of energy..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

The Grays also were attracted to our sun.

They are called Natural Wormholes.  It's a Transwarp Hub.

Betty Hill Trade Routes1.PNG

7 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

I know.. I have wondered for awhile if the matter from a neutron star would make some kind of power source.

Why not just harvest a start or capture a black hole. Then you'd have a near infinite power source from the black hole. Then again, if something is that advanced they'd think very little or nothing about us at all.

Just now, XenoFish said:

Why not just harvest a start or capture a black hole. Then you'd have a near infinite power source from the black hole. Then again, if something is that advanced they'd think very little or nothing about us at all.

Hmm read a couple of sci fiction books where they used miniature black holes orbiting each other to warp space in front of them.. was rather a cool idea..

harvesting a star.. a dyson sphere..

• Like 2

Just now, DingoLingo said:

Hmm read a couple of sci fiction books where they used miniature black holes orbiting each other to warp space in front of them.. was rather a cool idea..

If you take science fiction with a grain of salt rather than it being some "historic document". Then they can be inspiring. I can't help but think of the tricorder and flip cellphones.

Just now, DingoLingo said:

Yeah pretty much, once they have that, there's no reason beyond curiosity to look anywhere else.

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Then again, if something is that advanced they'd think very little or nothing about us at all.

That's not a given, if you ask me, only because something is advanced doesn't mean it can't feel empathy towards something that is less advanced than itself. It's not like every human on earth walks about causally killing cats and dogs, for example.

Just now, XenoFish said:

If you take science fiction with a grain of salt rather than it being some "historic document". Then they can be inspiring. I can't help but think of the tricorder and flip cellphones.

sci fi is innovative :) 

some university is working on a tricorder .. remember reading about it last year..

we still don't have our flying cars they promised us in the 70's though

• Like 2

Just now, Orphalesion said:

Yeah pretty much, once they have that, there's no reason beyond curiosity to look anywhere else.

That's not a given, if you ask me, only because something is advanced doesn't mean it can't feel empathy towards something that is less advanced than itself. It's not like every human on earth walks about causally killing cats and dogs, for example.

Do you suppose something so advanced would look at us with equal footing? I don't mean they'd be hostile towards us like almost every movie makes it out to be, but more of an amusement. 

1 minute ago, DingoLingo said:

sci fi is innovative :) 

some university is working on a tricorder .. remember reading about it last year..

we still don't have our flying cars they promised us in the 70's though

All I want is a better rocket propulsion system, something that doesn't require fuel to work. Plus I'd love to live long enough to see people land on Mars.

2 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

Covering your tracks = a human practice

Drained of blood = a human practice

Mutilated = a human practice 

OR 

Aliens come in secret at night and suck cows into their spaceship.  Once they have finished dissecting the anus and drinking the blood they cover any remaining tracks and just leave an obviously mutilated carcass in a mysterious position.  This is done so that when they return you'll be able to capture a shaky picture of the craft from half a mile away.  This in turn is done so that sightings are discredited.  Sneaky Aliens! 

Some teasers* have a sick sense of humour - its what comes of being mindboggingly wealthy and having the whole of time** to spend it ......

* rich kids with nothing to do.  They cruise around around looking for planets which haven't made interstellar contact yet and buzz them - They find some isolated spot with very few people around, then land right by some poor unsuspecting soul whom no one's ever going to believe and them strut up and down in front of him wearing silly antennae on their head and making beep beep noises. Rather childish really.

** CamTim - The Campaign for Real Time - were not amused to find they often use Sirius Cybernetic Corporation Maxi-ReversA-Time devices to visit some planets twice before they even discovered their existence ......

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Do you suppose something so advanced would look at us with equal footing? I don't mean they'd be hostile towards us like almost every movie makes it out to be, but more of an amusement. 

or they could follow what we did when we met ahh uncivilized populations

cue the Victorian human zoos

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-16295827

Just now, XenoFish said:

It would depend on the nature of the individual advanced being and also the general attitude of the culture they're hailing from. And there's also a lot of playground between "looking at something with equal footing" and "thinking very little of something"

Some might look at us with amusement, some with pity, or compassion, or disgust Lots of possibilities. And if they have an infinite space to harvest from some of their number might opt to "not disturb those silly creatures on that one planet". 

There could even be an alien equivalent of PETA.

• Like 1

Thinking about it, if aliens came to Earth, they would most likely want to disect the most intelligent species on the planet to better understand them

No wonder elephants are terrified of mice! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

fe-aa-nasa-cat1.jpg?w=300&h=285

Space cat is looking through a wormhole, watching us.

When I was a kid - a very, very, very long time ago, before I discovered their true nature, I loved our feline alien overlords ....

227x227bb.jpg

• Like 3

Getting back to the OP, why do you think evolutionary processes lead to a larger brain and thus a larger head?

So I have just looked into this, and as usual scientists cannot agree. But I did find a few interesting theory's one being that humans combine the brain with computers to enhance brain function Homo cyberneticus. If this is the case it's no wonder they have big heads ! Any volunteers for this new technology step forward now ( as I thought nobody is going to volunteer for that ) and I don't want any of you putting my name forward either thanks :-)

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Getting back to the OP, why do you think evolutionary processes lead to a larger brain and thus a larger head?

Elephants have larger heads and larger brains than most mammals.   Except whales.

Relative to their size, do crows have larger brains and heads?

Humans may be the exception .....

2 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

I know.. I have wondered for awhile if the matter from a neutron star would make some kind of power source..

*cue Ceres wading in on some story about how the Galactic Federation of Light Laughter uses it to flush their toilets or something*

Ok Sci Boffins.. I know your reading this thread.. whats your opinion on matter from a neutron star.. viable future source of energy..

I'm not an expert, I don't have a PhD in astrophysics but I have seen many good doccumentaries on BBC4.

As I understand it when a star has reached the part of it's life cycle where it's become a neutron star, it is very very compact. It's mass per square meter has been steadily increasing as it has been burning its fuel, it has crushed it's hydrogen and some of the leftover electrons from the destroyed atoms have combined with other nuclei to create helium atoms. The star would have imploded on itself due to the gravitation forces at play and exploded back out as a red giant before burning through more of it's fuel and begining to implode back in on itself, each time it does this it creates heavier and heavier elements.

By neutron star time i would imagine that the star would have a super dooper gravitational field, making it quite tricky to get away from the star if you did manage to obtain some of the neutron star material, but if you did get some you'd have some fantastically dense material. The heavier an element is the greater the amount of energy it can release (urainium is a heavy metal that is natrually occuring on Earth and therefore make good nuclear fuel), so if you could get the material it'd make great fuel, probably, i think, we'll maybe, it's been a little while since I saw the episode of 'Horizon' about the life of stars, but i think I'm in the right ball park with this one!

• Like 3