Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
sees

Mysterious chemical haze over a UK coast

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Very unusual....I don't recall anything like this happening before...do you?  So far, they don't know the cause although they've ruled out chlorine (which was mentioned in the social media).

Any explanations?  dontknow.gif

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/27/europe/uk-chemical-haze/index.html

Edited by sees
7 people like this

Posted (edited)

Not chlorine but they haven't identified what it is exactly, yet. I hope they tell us what it is and where it came from. My guess is it's from a ship. Authorities may have known about the incident when it happened but are keeping quiet for the moment. At least there haven't been any claims by 'terrorist' groups that they are responsible.

edit to say: I've just read a news article that says people were describing the smell of the cloud as chlorine.

Edited by ouija ouija
2 people like this

Probably venting from some chemical carrying vessel. Very doubtful it is terrorism, what would be the point? If you're going to try to harm people with chemicals you do it in a busy city, not the open air of a coastal town.

3 people like this

40 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Probably venting from some chemical carrying vessel. Very doubtful it is terrorism, what would be the point? If you're going to try to harm people with chemicals you do it in a busy city, not the open air of a coastal town.

The bloody Europeans trying to pay us back over Brexit. I blame the French. concentrated Garlic gas.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

The bloody Europeans trying to pay us back over Brexit. I blame the French. concentrated Garlic gas.

Ah you must have read Manfred's status update, since I suggested it was garlic fumes coming over from France! ;)

Edited by sees
2 people like this

I expect US satellite imagery to show five million Frenchies on the coast, breathing across the Channel.

4 people like this

So who wonders? The channel has been used as a cheap dump for chemical/nuclear industrial waste and ammunition/chemical ammunition for decades, Now, Mr. C. Orrosion is presenting the bill.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Couldn't help but chuckle when I read this story whilst watching episode one of 'the mist' on netflix

Edited by likwidlite

Posted (edited)

The French coastline opposite includes Dieppe and Le Havre in Normandy is the centre of France’s booming chemical industry

Although there have been denials that this is the cause....hmmmm

Edited by sees
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, toast said:

So who wonders? The channel has been used as a cheap dump for chemical/nuclear industrial waste and ammunition/chemical ammunition for decades, Now, Mr. C. Orrosion is presenting the bill.

Has it? got some linky type proof of that?

43 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Has it? got some linky type proof of that?

LMGTFY

7 hours ago, sees said:

Ah you must have read Manfred's status update, since I suggested it was garlic fumes coming over from France! ;)

Well, there HAS been a precdent of fumes from a French industrial plant wafting across the channel. 

1 person likes this

Apparently they have ruled out France as the source, but still not sure where it came from.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, ExoPaul said:

Apparently they have ruled out France as the source, but still not sure where it came from.

heard one report by an eyewitness; say it had a smell of burnt plastic, yet other witnesses say there was no smell just the irritation to eyes etc. i think this may never be solved unless its contaminated clothing which could be sampled.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Well, not exactly, but very close! 

fLKEVA.jpg&hash=1005ff4dc9268f3b9353ea01

8 people like this

32 minutes ago, ExoPaul said:

Yes, I am sure they are desperate to confess to another release of gas to add to their numerous others.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, there HAS been a precdent of fumes from a French industrial plant wafting across the channel. 

Yes I mentioned it in my last post, above, # 9

On 8/28/2017 at 8:15 PM, toast said:

So no....

In other news residents are excited by opening of first Taco Bell restaurant in area.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, seanjo said:

So no....

What?