Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious chemical haze over a UK coast

sees

Very unusual....I don't recall anything like this happening before...do you?  So far, they don't know the cause although they've ruled out chlorine (which was mentioned in the social media).

Any explanations?  dontknow.gif

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/27/europe/uk-chemical-haze/index.html

Edited by sees
  • Like 7

Not chlorine but they haven't identified what it is exactly, yet. I hope they tell us what it is and where it came from. My guess is it's from a ship. Authorities may have known about the incident when it happened but are keeping quiet for the moment. At least there haven't been any claims by 'terrorist' groups that they are responsible.

edit to say: I've just read a news article that says people were describing the smell of the cloud as chlorine.

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Probably venting from some chemical carrying vessel. Very doubtful it is terrorism, what would be the point? If you're going to try to harm people with chemicals you do it in a busy city, not the open air of a coastal town.

The bloody Europeans trying to pay us back over Brexit. I blame the French. concentrated Garlic gas.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

The bloody Europeans trying to pay us back over Brexit. I blame the French. concentrated Garlic gas.

Ah you must have read Manfred's status update, since I suggested it was garlic fumes coming over from France! ;)

Edited by sees
  • Like 1

I expect US satellite imagery to show five million Frenchies on the coast, breathing across the Channel.

• Like 3

So who wonders? The channel has been used as a cheap dump for chemical/nuclear industrial waste and ammunition/chemical ammunition for decades, Now, Mr. C. Orrosion is presenting the bill.

• Like 3

Couldn't help but chuckle when I read this story whilst watching episode one of 'the mist' on netflix

Edited by likwidlite

The French coastline opposite includes Dieppe and Le Havre in Normandy is the centre of France’s booming chemical industry

Although there have been denials that this is the cause....hmmmm

Edited by sees
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Has it? got some linky type proof of that?

LMGTFY

7 hours ago, sees said:

Ah you must have read Manfred's status update, since I suggested it was garlic fumes coming over from France! ;)

Well, there HAS been a precdent of fumes from a French industrial plant wafting across the channel. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ExoPaul said:

Apparently they have ruled out France as the source, but still not sure where it came from.

heard one report by an eyewitness; say it had a smell of burnt plastic, yet other witnesses say there was no smell just the irritation to eyes etc. i think this may never be solved unless its contaminated clothing which could be sampled.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Well, not exactly, but very close! 

fLKEVA.jpg&hash=1005ff4dc9268f3b9353ea01

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, ExoPaul said:

Apparently they have ruled out France as the source, but still not sure where it came from.

Yes, I am sure they are desperate to confess to another release of gas to add to their numerous others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, there HAS been a precdent of fumes from a French industrial plant wafting across the channel. 

Yes I mentioned it in my last post, above, # 9

4 hours ago, seanjo said:

So no....

What?