Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Some Houston before and after photos

OverSword

Such a HUGE volume of water ....... :(

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I was just now able to get online, as our power is restored after being out for hours.

The water around our house has receded a bit, so maybe I can go to the store.

We have been lucky compared to many folks who are now homeless.

Good to hear my friend :tu:

If it's safe enough load up at the store,a lot of that area will be cut off for awhile...

• Like 3

eek.gif

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Good to hear my friend :tu:

If it's safe enough load up at the store,a lot of that area will be cut off for awhile...

I heard that they are only allowing 10 people at a time to go into the store and pickings are sparse. As long as they still have coffee it's worth it. ;)

The truck is about out of gas because the stations around me ran out on Friday.

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I was just now able to get online, as our power is restored after being out for hours.

Glad to hear you're okay buddy!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I heard that they are only allowing 10 people at a time to go into the store and things, and pickings are sparse. As long as they still have coffee it's worth it. ;)

I'm glad to hear that you are safe, .ZZ. 

Keep up the information, for as long as you can ? 

I've requested HM Government to send a gunboat over to help you !

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I heard that they are only allowing 10 people at a time to go into the store and things, and pickings are sparse. As long as they still have coffee it's worth it. ;)

Oh man that sucks :hmm:

Hopefully you do like i do and atleast keep several cans of random food in the shelves until you forget you even had them lol,suprisingly they are usually still good by the time you find them again years later...

Hope they still got ya a large cannister lol,watch though they will but it won't be your brand...meh if nothing elses is around,coffee is coffee :D

Just heard Harvey will join Katrina in the $100 billion club...really hate to hear that,over a decade later and NO's still isn't the same and in some ways never will be...

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I'm also glad to hear you're ok buddy. I know people are far, far more important but I do hope those beautiful machines of yours are not damaged in any way either confusedsn.gif

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CrimsonKing said:

Oh man that sucks :hmm:

Hopefully you do like i do and atleast keep several cans of random food in the shelves until you forget you even had them lol,suprisingly they are usually still good by the time you find them again years later...

Hope they still got ya a large cannister lol,watch though they will but it won't be your brand...meh if nothing elses is around,coffee is coffee :D

Just heard Harvey will join Katrina in the $100 billion club...really hate to hear that,over a decade later and NO's still isn't the same and in some ways never will be...

Nobody expected it would be this bad here, we of course knew that Corpus was going to get slammed. When I saw the stations were out of gas I kicked myself! We have had storms before, but never like this. We were stocked up on frozen dinners, but the power went out and they thawed to the point where Mrs ZZ won't use them...refreezing meat and all.

ETA: If all else fails, we have some old cans of peas, beans, and pears. ;)

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Nobody expected it would be this bad here, we of course knew that Corpus was going to get slammed. When I saw the stations were out of gas I kicked myself! We have had storms before, but never like this. We were stocked up on frozen dinners, but the power went out and they thawed to the point where Mrs ZZ won't use them...refreezing meat and all.

Got any good neighbors you can catch a ride to the store with?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

Got any good neighbors you can catch a ride to the store with?

I'm too stubborn to even ask directions! :lol:

We will be fine.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

If they didn't get above 40 degrees they are fine. If she hasn't thrown them out yet that is. Not knowing when the garbage is going to run again I guess that wouldn't be a very good idea though. It could be a while to have a big stinky mess.

If I was there you could use me as a guinea pig. :lol: 

• Like 5

Just now, .ZZ. said:

I'm too stubborn to even ask directions! :lol:

We will be fine.

:rofl:

God damnit Z hahaha

I guess a guy can live off of coffee and college football though,i reckon you'll make it...(just shakes head and walks away) :lol:

• Like 5

Just now, Michelle said:

If they didn't get above 40 degrees they are fine. If she hasn't thrown them out yet that is. Not knowing when the garbage is going to run again I guess that wouldn't be a very good idea though. It could be a while to have a big stinky mess.

I agree Michelle, but Kari is funny about those things. (shhhh) :lol:

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I agree Michelle, but Kari is funny about those things. (shhhh) :lol:

What's funny about that is grocery stores get the meat in frozen a lot of times. They thaw it out to sell to you. Then you take it home and put it in the freezer. :lol:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

What's funny about that is grocery stores get the meat in frozen a lot of times. They thaw it out to sell to you. Then you take it home and put it in the freezer. :lol:

I know! It says: "Use or freeze before....such and such date" :huh:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Michelle said:

Having a generator, one need only hook it up to a refrigerator-sized freezer for an hour per day to keep its contents frozen.

• Like 3

ZZ,

I'm relieved that you're okay.  The rain has, however temporarily, let up here as well.  After brushing up on the news, I'll return to related discussions at UM.

Edited by aka CAT
  • Like 6

Good luck everyone. I hear that alligators and snakes could be swimming the streets with the overflow from lakes. :cry:

• Like 7

Glad ZZ and CAT are in here and doing well, all things considered. I hope you are ok with food. Michelle is right about keeping the fridge door closed as much as possible. The food will stay alright for a couple days and thawed meat can be kept but should be used in the same. Keep it in the freezer compartment. Bad meat smells and has a brownish look to it. You should be able to see if it's good or not. I think I'd hesitate on gas. If the station flooded, water may have seeped into the underground tanks. They should be well sealed, but who knows. I saw a message being passed around facebook about a gas station that was leaking and the smell was strong in the neighborhood. Likely was a phony post, but some people really can't communicate with other people unless they're on facebook or twitter. 

• Like 6

my granny is there in a little suburb in Houston. She says shes ok as of 1 p.m. but the pictures leave me wondering how:(

Shes tough,  german and texan. She mentioned something to my mom about as long as the dams hold they will be good?

ZZ you know what she meant?

• Like 6