Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Update: Forum Changes

Saru

A couple of years back I started a new thread called 'The Mind Reading Test Thread' - post a word, and the next person writes the first word that comes into their head. Two years later, and now known as the 'Word Association Thread', it has kept going, through thick and thin, it has continued regardless.

Unfortunately with over 6000 posts, most of which consist of just a single word each, the numerous word game threads that have appeared recently to accompany the original 'Word Association Thread' have started to take their toll on the resources available to the forum as a whole. We now have over half a dozen such threads, with 100 new additions to them every day. In general this is not what the forum is intended for, and the word game threads are removing the emphasis off of the subject for which this site was created.

In an effort to resolve this problem I have closed the major word game threads, and re-organised a lot of the forum. The main reason for this is to encourage users to talk about the unexplained or other subjects of interest, and to debate and discuss, rather than simply post a word or two to the game threads on each visit.

I'd also like to try and encourage those who have not yet contributed to the boards to get yourselves a username and start posting ! We want to hear from you, whatever your opinions may be. There is an entire universe of possibilities to explore, and an infinite number of fascinating unexplained-related subjects to discuss, and we have still yet to scratch the surface.

-SaRuMaN

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loonboy

• Homer

• Kismit

• Bizarro

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one agree with you there, sir. Fun though they may be, they are not really doing

anything more than fill up space and are not really constructive.

More power to your elbow. tongue.gif

(Celtic, mate, you're stats are going to slow down now... lol... biggrin.gif )

good move, i really didn't like them much. of course, i don't mean to offend the people who did, but i just saw them as a waste of your forum resources smile.gif

I must admit I have been guilty of using the word association thread to up my stats. biggrin.gif Allthough If were honest we new it couldn"t last forever . smile.gif

I have a little Unexplained Mystery .

Where did the rogues gallery go ? unsure.gif

OOps!! It's allright I found it rolleyes.gif Well atleast I've found a new way to get my stats up ( annoying Saruman) Sorry wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by Kismit

I appreciate the change Gareth. It's been a couple weeks since I posted regularly, and it was primarily BECAUSE of the one-word nonsense wreaking havok with the forum. So the bad news for the rest of the forum is, I'm back to posting regularly now smile.gif

PHEW! A few of you know why I'm saying that. wink.gif

Yeay! Here's to more intresting topics. smile.gif

Ha! My posts will slow down too. rolleyes.giftongue.gif

Booo! to Homer. tongue.giflaugh.gif Your posts make my brain ache. laugh.gifwink.gif

Well I believe it, and if I had a brain, I’m sure it would be hurting due to my posts as well smile.gif

LOL

I LIKE THE CHANGES GARETH!!

MC laugh.gif