Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why It Is Hard For Me To Believe In GOD.

Freespyryt24

SilverRain Queen, Why was it for 21 years you were a Christian? Is it a case now that you don't beleive He exists or is it you beleive He exists, but you don't want to follow Him?

443718[/snapback]

Please reread my previous messages for your answer.

dude, rufio, silver said tons of times that she doesn't believe there is a God.

honestly, i think athiests and christians should agree to disagree. If someone comes up to me, and wants to learn about christianity, i will tell them. I don't try converting people who obviously don't want to be preached to. The only other way i could go on a rant about christianity is if i'm correcting someone about something they said. Everyone else should do the same. Athiest should just stop trying to prove there isn't a God, and christians should only talk to other christians about their proof of God. Every single discussion in this section of the forum turns into a "there is a God/there isn't a God" debate. Can we stop acting like children here?

443747[/snapback]

Yes that would be a nice picture....but a Christian's mission IS to convert others

so unless they stop their preaching....it will continue.

Alot of Christians out there that don't think the same as you.

Yes that would be a nice picture....but a Christian's mission IS to convert others

443859[/snapback]

And to think I agree with him? I think the same way he does. And if you think that Christianity is to 'covert' people, that could be true because of what the Spanish did. But it will not continue, well its not seen as something to be done.

You don't see a Christian power trying to force Christianity among you Atheists do you?

If you do...good for you, but most of the Christians out there would not force the religion upon you, thats why there are still Buddhists and Muslims, as well as Pagens.

443859[/snapback]

And to think I agree with him? I think the same way he does. And if you think that Christianity is to 'covert' people, that could be true because of what the Spanish did. But it will not continue, well its not seen as something to be done.

You don't see a Christian power trying to force Christianity among you Atheists do you?

If you do...good for you, but most of the Christians out there would not force the religion upon you, thats why there are still Buddhists and Muslims, as well as Pagens.

443931[/snapback]

You don't get out much do you? hmm.gif

443939[/snapback]

You might not believe this, but actually I do...do Christians force their beliefs on you? Cause I think that would suck...

443939[/snapback]

You might not believe this, but actually I do...do Christians force their beliefs on you? Cause I think that would suck...

443944[/snapback]

Not only that...but I used to be one of them that did!! blush.gif

Maybe it's pay back to me now...I dunno.

It's Free Here,

I was reading up on all the posts. Many of them got me more confussed than I already am. I don't understand when people go off on what the bible said. I tried to read the bible but it made absolutly no sence to me at all. It is missing alot of pages. I don't know who said it but someone on here said that God is a killer. Sadly, If he does exist, I can reason with that statement.

I am glad that there are many others who are doubting the existance of God cause sometimes I felt alone by it. Except my boyfriend also doesn't believe either.

I believe more in to the evolution. Although I hated school, biology and science grasped my attention a bit to doubt the existance of God. I don't understand if he made the world in 7 days, when did the dinosaurs come to play? How come the bible doesn't mention them. I think if God made creatures that were as tall as buildings he would have that mentioned. Don't u think? How does the bible explain science? Science is real. We can see it, touch it, hear it, feel it. But we can't this so-called God.

People were also talking about trials God would put apon people. Why would a creator be so cruel. I was a child. Innocent. I had that stolen away from me. I may be stronger now, but look at what predicament that I am in. I believe in God, I was stripped of my innocents, I was beaten, I turned stronger, by my own will, and no one was in the sidelines for me except for my family. I didn't feel Gods grace. I gave up after all my praying, It got me no where. He didn't help me, Why would he have brought me here? Why did he turn his back on me.

You may say that he was there, he was 'carrying me'. That is B.S.! I hurt so bad. My mom couldn't open her eyes for days, her arm was broken, our hearts were shattered. To endure all this it was HELL.

Does a creator have the right to delete its creation...? hmm.gif

When enough people turn away from god, the god dissapears...

Welcome to the End of Days.

Edited by Athenian

god is the greatest mass murderer ever

I really do feel for you BUT rest assured I'm also sure that there are many others out there who have gone through either the same or worse than you have and still kept their faith in GOD, I guess there is always two sides to a coin and you seem to have chosen the bottom one....

No i chose logics instead of irrelevant garbage. How far have we come with religion? except for the wars between christians and muslims 1000 years ago or the hatred for eachothers religion ofcourse

what good has ever come from religion?

No i chose logics instead of irrelevant garbage. How far have we come with religion? except for the wars between christians and muslims 1000 years ago or the hatred for eachothers religion ofcourse

444497[/snapback]

No good will come from religion if people do not follow religious teachings, instructions, or heed the warnings.

How far has logic gotten us? I think by logic you're probably referring to the advancements in technology right?

Even with the use of logic, President Bush waged a unjustifiable war on Iraq killing many innocent civilians with the aid of more advanced technology all in the name of what? a logical system of law called DEMOCRACY?

How far has logic gotten us?

further then religion

President Bush waged a unjustifiable war on Iraq killing many innocent civilians with the aid of more advanced technology all in the name of what? a logical system of law called DEMOCRACY?

other countries never had problems with democracy or technological advancement. most of america never wanted that war...

i dont see how advanced technology is evil...

lets look at the religious fanatics running lose. the west baptist church: good that the tsunami killed all those americans it was an act of god or when they went to the funeral of that guy and started causing problems or how about those religous fanatics in the middle east? or in indonesia or india? there are still a lot of anti semetic people around.

You are focussing this topic from a wrong view. Believing in God is not a question of logic but a question of feelings. Can you scientifically demosntrate the existence of Love, Wrath or things like that? The case of God is similar. The only way to get close it is trying to feel it.

other countries never had problems with democracy  or technological advancement. most of america never wanted that war...

i dont see how advanced technology is evil...

You ever heard of Vietnam? Anyway forget the Democracy side of the war, I could start talking about other countries like Rwanda or maybe Zimbabwe (I mean why hasn't America done anything about Mugabe yet?) so lets just leave out politics for now... there was another reason, it was called WMD (Weapons of Mass Destruction) Do you see any links between WMD and advanced technology... The sole purpose of justifying the WAR was the possesion of advanced technology... NOW what do you say??? hmm.gif You also state most of America never wanted that war.. well I wonder WHY most of America voted for such an ignoramus of a leader again.... Pretty self-evident and conclusive I'd say... rolleyes.gif

Edited by LuQy

please don't get too off topic. To those who are trying to convince me, it isn't working too well, when you go off and talk about war.

Read the book - Conversations With God by Neal Donald Walsch (sp?)

If you want to feel a god, Then you're GREAT and powerful Human ability of imagination will find god, But its just you're imagination. its totaly normal, dont worry.

Ever get the feeling that when you are in a room and its dark or mabey not... and you feel some1 is watching you, Its all in you're mind. chemicals n all that stuff.

You ever heard of Vietnam?

ever heard of luxembourg japan russia spain new zealand australia

I could start talking about other countries like Rwanda or maybe Zimbabwe (I mean why hasn't America done anything about Mugabe yet?)

yes indeed some people are corrupt. still dont see what democracy has to do with that

The sole purpose of justifying the WAR was the possesion of advanced technology... NOW what do you say???

food for oil scandal.why do you think france and germany never entered the war?

and they were guessing when they said that iraqi had wmd

north korea has WMD. why arent they stopping them? they could care less about them.

well I wonder WHY most of America voted for such an ignoramus of a leader again.... Pretty self-evident and conclusive I'd say...

you think they voted for him to go at war?

bush knows how to play the game just like hitler did and lenin.

how many people weer killed because of religion? and how many with atheism?

Edited by Hotoke

well I wonder WHY most of America voted for such an ignoramus of a leader again.... Pretty self-evident and conclusive I'd say...

you think they voted for him to go at war?

bush knows how to play the game just like hitler did and lenin.

how many people weer killed because of religion? and how many with atheism?

444624[/snapback]

Both the materialists and spiritualists have started their equal shares of wars. Alot of corrupt kings and leaders just used religion as an excuse for their own material gain and pursuits, and very few were actually trying to make humanity better through religion.(Which is what religion is for of course wink2.gif )

WWI seemed to be completely material and political...

Stalin and Bush from behavior are definatly not religious...

Hitler might have been an atheist too, but some might disagree in the way he was reincarnating old germanic and nordic mysticism, Nazi idealogy itself could have been classified as a religion in a way... Hitler seemed to want the common good, but only the common good for the German people, a flawed ideal and pursuit when you want to try and conquer a continent and rule over it. When you want to be a leader you must appeal to all.

Japan's conquest of Asia during WWII seemed to be more material and territorial than religious, But religion definatly influenced the fighting techniques of the Japanese infantrymen.(Can anybody shout Banzai?) Hirohito was being controlled like a puppet by his materialist generals...

Alexander the Great believed in Zeus and claimed himself to be a divine incarnation so he was definatly religious. Historians still can not decide wether his conquests were of good intention or not since it was so long ago...

I could go on naming a bunch of world leaders and empires of the past but in the end it would all equal out.

Most wars today are for material purposes(atheism), with religion usually influencing only as an excuse...

It seems the more further we go into the future does religion's power wane and influence our wars less. (Untill an End of the World sort of thing finally occurs)

I think a war would not seem fun, exciting, or adventurous if there is no religion involved in it... It just increases troop morale for you as a soldier to know you are dying for god or the common good of your nation than for land or resources... sleepy.gif

We can not blame wars only on religion...

Edited by Athenian

Yup I'd go along with Athenian on this one, it's probably 50/50 BUT to be honest I feel like most of the wars and deaths of innocent civilians have occured to due greed (for land, oil, political power etc...) in the recent past, Religion has more or less been used as an excuse especially in the modern Era of wars, I can only recall the Crimean war off the top of my head that had any religious significance. hmm.gif

Alot of corrupt kings and leaders just used religion as an excuse for their own material gain and pursuits

*shakes head* you deny history?? the christians totally raged against the saracens(muslims) they wanted them gone because they had other beliefs. lets talk inquisition or jesuits or teaching the africans christianity

it really fits to say religion was an excuse........

material purposes(atheism),

no that is just wrong. atheism, is the disbelief of a god

and very few were actually trying to make humanity better through religion

holy crusades, the saracens felt by killing infidels they made the world a better place so did the byzantees and the christians. explain the need to convert everyone to christianity back then.......... they even wanted to convert gengis khan to christianity to help beat the muslims. it was a constant struggle back then. they wanted to clean the lands of infidel. in those days they had nothing to gain. the one with the most power was the pope in rome. it was like this:

1 religion

2 royalty

3 traders

4 farmers

(5 beggars)

traders had nothing to gain from the holy wars

from 1960 till back then all wars war from religion with a few exceptions

Hitler might have been an atheist too

To deny the influence of Christianity on Hitler and its role in World War II, means that you must ignore history and bar yourself forever from understanding how this atrocity occurred.

hitler was a heavy christian(gott mit uns)

quote of hitler:

We demand liberty for all religious denominations in the State, so far as they are not a danger to it and do not militate against the morality and moral sense of the German race. The Party, as such, stands for positive Christianity, but does not bind itself in the matter of creed to any particular confession

http://www.nobeliefs.com/Hitler1.htm

http://www.nobeliefs.com/nazis.htm

[attachmentid=10531]

Hitler might have been an atheist too, but some might disagree in the way he was reincarnating old germanic and nordic mysticism, Nazi idealogy itself could have been classified as a religion in a way... Hitler seemed to want the common good, but only the common good for the German people, a flawed ideal and pursuit when you want to try and conquer a continent and rule over it. When you want to be a leader you must appeal to all

glad we cleared that misttake up hitler was a major christian

Bush from behavior are definatly not religious...

the guy goes to church he is a christian

Most wars today are for material purposes(

that is true...

We can not blame wars only on religion...

not anymore....

[attachmentid=10532][

hitler and a bischop

post-11740-1105389702.jpg

post-11740-1105390313.gif

Edited by Hotoke

Afghanistan Extreme, radical Fundamentalist

Muslim terrorist groups & non-Muslims Osama bin Laden heads a terrorist group called Al Quada (The Source) whose headquarters were in Afghanistan. They were protected by, and integrated with, the Taliban dictatorship in the country. Al Quada is generally regarded as having committed many terrorist attacks on U.S. ships, embassies, and buildings. Their goal is to promote a worldwide war between Muslims and non-Muslims. The Northern Alliance of rebel Afghans, Britain and the U.S. attacked the Taliban and Al Quada, establishing a new regime in the country.

Bosnia: Serbian Orthodox Christians, Roman Catholic), Muslims Fragile peace is holding, due only to the presence of peacekeepers. 2

Côte d'Ivoire: Muslims, Indigenous, Christian Following the elections in late 2000, government security forces "began targeting civilians solely and explicitly on the basis of their religion, ethnic group, or national origin. The overwhelming majority of victims come from the largely Muslim north of the country, or are immigrants or the descendants of immigrants..." 5 A military uprising continued the slaughter in 2002.

Cyprus: Christians & Muslims The island is partitioned, creating enclaves for ethnic Greeks (Christians) and Turks (Muslims). A UN peace keeping force is maintaining stability.

East Timor: Christians & Muslims A Roman Catholic country. About 20% of the population died by murder, starvation or disease after they were forcibly annexed by Indonesia (mainly Muslim). After voting for independence, many Christians were exterminated or exiled by the Indonesian army and army-funded militias in a carefully planned program of genocide and religious cleansing. The situation is now stable.

India: Animists, Hindus, Muslims & Sikhs Various conflicts that heat up periodically. In late 2002-FEB, a Muslim-Hindu conflict broke out, killing an average of 100 people a day over the first five days.

Indonesia,: province of Ambon Christians & Muslims After centuries of relative peace, conflicts between Christians and Muslims started during 1999-JUL in this province of Indonesia. The situation now appears to be stable.

Indonesia,: province of Halmahera Christians & Muslims 30 people killed. 2,000 Christians driven out; homes and churches destroyed.

Kashmir: Hindus & Muslims A chronically unstable region of the world, claimed by both Pakistan and India. The availability of nuclear weapons and the eagerness to use them are destabilizing the region further. More details Thirty to sixty thousand people have died since 1989.

Kosovo: Serbian Orthodox Christians & Muslims Peace enforced by NATO peacekeepers. There is convincing evidence of past mass murder by Yugoslavian government (mainly Serbian Orthodox Christians) against ethnic Albanians (mostly Muslim) Full story

Kurdistan: Christians, Muslims Assaults on Christians (Protestant, Chaldean Catholic, & Assyrian Orthodox). Bombing campaign underway.

Macedonia: Macedonian Orthodox Christians & Muslims Muslims (often referred to as ethnic Albanians) engaged in a civil war with the rest of the country who are primarily Macedonian Orthodox Christians. A peace treaty has been signed. Disarmament by NATO is complete.

Middle East: Jews, Muslims, & Christians The peace process between Israel and Palestine suffered a complete breakdown. This has resulted in the deaths of thousands, in the ratio of three dead for each Jew. Major strife broke out in 2000-SEP and is continuing.

Nigeria: Christians, Animists, & Muslims Yourubas and Christians in the south of the country are battling Muslims in the north. Country is struggling towards democracy after decades of Muslim military dictatorships. More details

Northern Ireland Protestants:, Catholics After 3,600 killings and assassinations over 30 years, some progress has been made in the form of a ceasefire and an independent status for the country.

Pakistan: Suni & Shi'ite Muslims Low level mutual attacks.

Philippines Christians & Muslims Low level, centuries old conflict between the mainly Christian central government and Muslims in the south of the country. More details

Russia,

Chechnya Russian Orthodox Christians, Muslims The Russian army attacked the breakaway region. Muslims had allegedly blown up buildings in Moscow. Many atrocities have been alleged.

Serbia,: province of Vojvodina Serbian Orthodox & Roman Catholics Serb Ethnic cleansing programs have "encouraged" 50,000 ethnic Hungarians (almost all Roman Catholics) to leave this northernmost province of Yugoslavia. Full story.

South Africa Animists & "Witches" Hundreds of persons, suspected and accused of witches practising black magic, are murdered each year.

Sri Lanka: Buddhists & Hindus Tamils (a mainly Hindu 18% minority) are involved in a war for independence since 1983 with the rest of the country (70% Buddhist). An estimated 65,000 have been killed. The conflict took a sudden change for the better in 2002-SEP, when the Tamils dropped their demand for complete independence.

Sudan: Animists, Christians & Muslims Complex ethnic, racial, religious conflict which victimizes both Animists and Christians in the South of the country. Slavery and near slavery practiced. There are allegations of crucifixion of Christians. 3

Tibet Buddhists & Communists Country was annexed by Chinese Communists in late 1950's. Brutal suppression of Buddhism continues. *

www.religioustolerance.org

Uganda: Animists, Christians, & Muslims

Edited by Hotoke

Since production of WMD, the United States has been in a arms race with all countries with the ability and funding to develop Weapons of Mass Destruction. The Cold War developed from the intense struggle with Russia for nuclear bombing supremacy. As a result, several other countries have entered the scheme of the arms race like Syria, North Korea, and Iran, and a growing number continue to join. Every year the United States spends 839 billion on the development of future military weapons and technologies, simply to stay ahead. As quickly as we develop our new military technology, it can be copied and used against us. A perfect example of this includes our Tomahawk Cruise Missiles technology. When this technology was first invented, it gave America a clear advantage in war. The cruise missiles could be fired from ranges up to a thousand miles and hit and destroy a single room in a twelve story building. No other country at the time was able of such a long distance attack. But as time has gone on other countries have copied and stole this technology. The technology seeped into foreign countries due to their affordability, and their cheapness. This technology is even being used against us currently, by Iraq. Today nearly three/fourths of the world’s countries have at least one of the four WMD’s.

That hasn’t stopped governments and organizations from trying to slow down or affect the race, though. Throughout the years many politicians and even Presidents have suggested the United States step back and take preventive measures in the future regarding the arms race. Many suggest that diplomacy with the superpowers threatening to the United States might be the answer. They feel that if the United States agrees with another threatening superpower (such as Russia) to share power that the arms race might be ended. Since it’s beginning their have been several treaties passed.

http://umsis.miami.edu/~tking2/Final.html

Even as US forces launch new offensives against Iraqi cities, the flow of reports of serious war crimes committed by the American military in the assault on Fallujah continues. The United States and world media have focussed on one incident that occurred in full view of a television crew—the slaying of a defenceless Iraqi prisoner. It has been portrayed as an isolated incident.

On the contrary, all the independent evidence establishes beyond any doubt that the killings and destruction committed by US forces were so gross and deliberate that the name Fallujah will be recorded in the history books alongside such infamous atrocities as the 1937 bombing of Guernica, the crushing of the 1944 Warsaw uprising and the Vietnam War.

In its very conception, the onslaught on Fallujah was a calculated and illegal mass reprisal against the city and its inhabitants. It was undisguised revenge for the failure of the earlier operation by US forces in April 2004 to destroy the resistance of the city. It was conducted in flagrant and contemptuous violation of all the Geneva Conventions on the laws of war, which were adopted in 1949 in response to the horrors of the Second World War, and in particular the atrocities inflicted by the Nazi armed forces in Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union.

In a pep talk before the operation, Sergeant Major Carlton Kent, the most senior enlisted marine in Iraq, told his troops: “You’re all in the process of making history. This is another Hue city in the making. I have no doubt if we do get the word that each and every one of you is going to do what you have always done—kick some butt.” (The former Vietnamese imperial capital of Hue was nearly destroyed by the US military while attempting to counter the Tet Offensive in 1968.)

Political wars :-

Revolution of 1848 (1848-1849)-Austrian government and Russia against anti-monarchist rebels and Czech and Hungarian nationalist rebels. The revolutionary fervor also led to the Italian War of Independence (1848-1849) . BELOW

Italian War of Independence (1848-1849)-Italian revolutionaries in Venice, along with the Italian States of Piedmont, Naples and, briefly, Papal State fought against the Austrian Hapsburg Empire. The Italian forces were divided and defeated by August of 1849.

Franco-Austrian War (1858-1860)-France and Piedmont against the Austrian Hapsburg Empire.

Schleswig-Holstein War (1864)-Austria and Prussia crushed Denmark.

The Seven Weeks' War(1866)-Italy and Prussia against the Austrian Hapsburg Empire.

Annexation of Bosnia-Hercegovina (1878)-Peaceful and internationally accepted occupation of Slavic region previously controlled by the Turks. Beginning of prolonged tension with Russia and Serbia. Leading factor in the outbreak of World War I.

Provincial Revolt (1882)

World War I (1914-1918)-Last war of the Hapsburg Empire.

Wars of the Russian Empire from 1815 to 1918

Russian Conquest of Central Asia and the Far East (Ongoing)

Decembrist Uprising (1825)-Short-lived military revolt.

Russo-Persian War (1826-1828)-Russia defeated Persia and acquired parts of Armenia.

Boxer Rebellion (1900)-Involved Britain, France, Germany, Russia, the United States, Japan, Italy, and Austria-Hungary against "Boxer" rebels in China as well as against the Chinese government. Gave Russia an opportunity to occupy Manchuria, which led in part to the Russo-Japanese War.

Russo-Japanese War (1904-1905)-Russia soundly defeated by Japan.

Russian Revolution of 1905 (1905-1906)-Popular uprising against the Czarist government. Harshly suppressed by the army.

World War I (1914-1918)-Last war of the Czarist Russian Empire prior to the Bolshevik (Communist) Revolution.

French Wars In Italy This series of wars, part of the ongoing Hapsburg-Valois Wars, involved repeated French invasions of Italy, which at the time consisted of several smaller states and kingdoms. Italy was really little more than a battleground for the two most powerful empires in Europe at that time: France and the Hapsburg Empire, which controlled Austria, Spain, the Netherlands and other areas.

Naples-Fornovo (1492-1497)

Milan (1499-1500)

Naples-Gaeta (1500-1504)

Revenna-Novara (1508-1513)

Marignano (1515-1516)

Anglo-French Wars-Wars between England (also known as Great Britain or the United Kingdom), and France.

Norman Invasion of England, (1066) -William the Conqueror, Duke of Normandy and a vassal of the French king, conquered the Anglo-Saxon kingdom of England, and made himself King of England. Resulting from this, the English and French royal families would fight many bloody wars trying to settle who was supposed to rule what. William's family acquired lands throughout France and ruled them as Englishmen, which really upset the French kings. This is a pretty watered-down, basic description of this rivalry, but these two nations have fought many, many wars, and William's conquest of England was the starting point for many of the earlier ones.

Anglo-French War, (1109-1113)

Anglo-French War, (1116-1119)

Anglo-French War, (1123-1135)

Anglo-French War, (1159-1189)

Anglo-French War, (1202-1204)

Anglo-French War, (1213-1214)

Anglo-French War, (1242-1243)

Anglo-French War, (1294-1298)

Anglo-French War, (1300-1303)

The Hundred Years' War (1337-1453)-The Hundred Years' War was actually a series of wars between England and France which lasted 116 years. Most historians break this conflict into four distinct wars.

Anglo-French War, (1337-1360)

Anglo-French War, (1369-1373)

Anglo-French War, (1412-1420)

Anglo-French War, (1423-1453)

Wars of the French Revolution, (1792-1802)-The Wars of the French Revolution spanned a decade of great political, social and military change throughout the European continent. After the outbreak of the French Revolution in 1789, the conservative, monarchical powers of Europe attempted to extinguish the new French Republic and restore the Bourbon Royal Family. When several nations combined against France, the alliances were known as "Coalitions". Thus, this series of wars are known as the Wars of the Coalitions.

Austro-Prussian Invasion of France, (1792)-In support of the deposed, but still living French King Louis XVI, Austria and Prussia invaded France. French Revolutionary armies defeated the Allies at Valmy and Jemappes and conquered Austrian-ruled Belgium. France also defeated Austrian forces in northern Italy, seizing Savoy and Nice. Can also be considered as a Franco-Austrian War and a Franco-Prussian War.

War of the First Coalition, (1792-1798)-Britain, Austria, Prussia, Spain, Russia, Sardinia and Holland combined to fight Revolutionary France. Can also be considered as a Franco-Austrian War , a Franco-Prussian War, a Franco-Dutch War , a Franco-Russian War, Anglo-French War, and a Franco-Sardinian War. Russia left the Coalition in 1794 to deal with troubles in Poland. French victories forced Holland, also known then as the Batavian Republic, to leave the Coalition in 1795. Prussia and Spain made peace with France in 1795 and Austria signed the Treaty of Campo-Formio in 1798, surrendering the Austrian Netherlands (now Belgium) to France.

War of the Second Coalition, (1798-1801)-Britain, Austria, Russia, Portugal, Naples and the Ottoman Empire (Turkey) combined to fight Revolutionary France. Spain later joined France against Portugal. Can also be considered as a Franco-Austrian War , a Franco-Russian War, a Anglo-French War, a Franco-Turkish War, a Franco-Neapolitian War , a Franco-Portuguese War and a Franco-Russian War. This alliance against France formed to counter French moves in Italy; formation of the Roman, Ligurian, Cisalpine and Helvetic Republics in Switzerland and Italy, and the deposition of Papal rule in Rome. Naples was conquered by the French in early 1799 and declared to be the new Parthenopean Republic.

After the Coalition war began, France intervened in an internal revolt in the Swiss Confederation. The Swiss Revolt of 1798, (1798) ended with the Swiss Confederation dissolved and the Helvetic Republic in its place. Throughout the rest of the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars, the Swiss were effectively under French rule with an army of occupation in place.

Liberation of Goa (1961)--A conflict between India and Portugal. Goa had been a Portuguese colony for centuries prior to the Indian invasion of 1961. Also known in India as "Operation Vijay."

Sino-Indian War (1962)--Border war between China and India.

United Nations Offensive Operations in the Congo (1961-1964)--India contributed troops to the UN army which undertook offensive action against rebels in the Congo.

Wars of Mexico

U.S.-Mexican War (1846-1847)-The United States invaded Mexico and forced the Mexicans to cede the northern half of the country and also to give up any claim to Texas.

Yaqui Indian War (1899-1904?)--One of the last of the long series of Mexican-Indian Wars, this conflict began when chiefs of the eight principal Yaqui Indian tribes demand Mexican withdrawal from the Sinaloa region.

Chiapas Uprising (1994- Present)--A rebel group calling itself the Zapatista National Liberation Army (EZLN) began a revolt on New Year's Day 1994. Little fighting has taken place since 1994. The government and the Zapatistas engage in negotiations and public relations battles rather than combat, though several massacres have occurred.

Cameroon Rebellion (1960-1963)- Rebellion against the newly independent government of Cameroon by the Cameroon People's Union, a pro-Communist group. French forces aided the government in defeating the rebels.

Guinea-Bissau and Cape Verde Islands War of Independence (1963-1974)- Fought against Portugal.

Nigerian Civil War aka "Biafra War" (1967-1970)

"Mercenary" Invasion of Guinea (Nov. 1970)-Mercenaries supported by Portugal attacked the Guinea government. Nigeria and United Arab Republic (Egypt) sent troops to help Guinea.

Saharan War (1975-Present)-Morocco and Mauritania against the Polisario Front. Mauritania left the war in 1978.

Gambian Marxist Coup Attempt (1981)-Insurgents seized the capital in July. Order restored with the aid of troops from Senegal.

Casamance Rebellion in Senegal (1980's-Present)

Tuareg Rebellion in Mali (?-1991)-Conflict between Tuareg Berbers in the north and the Black dominated government.

Southern Black Rebellion in Mauritania (1989-1991?)-Following race riots in 1989, the African Liberation Forces of Mauritania (FLAM) took up arms against the Arab-dominated government.

Liberian Civil War (1991?-1997?)-also involved the Nigerian-led ECOMOG peacekeeping force.

Sierra Leone Civil War (1990's)

Guinea-Bissau Civil War (1998-1999)-Also involved Senegal and Guinea-Conakry.

Liberian Civil War (1999)--Rebels launched an invasion of Liberia from neighboring Guinea. Civil war resumed in Liberia after this attack.

seriously you are using revolutions? and civil wars? that is sad. they have a cause unlike religions..

but in the period of the saraceen byzantees more wars happened then that

World War I (1914-1918)-Last war of the Czarist Russian Empire prior to the Bolshevik (Communist) Revolution.

yep you did it.....

i guess people who are opresssed and want to be free or want to be independant are wrong... that is what most of those wars were about. like how the tzar was opressing the people

yet still no war caused by atheism

Edited by Hotoke