Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why It Is Hard For Me To Believe In GOD.

Freespyryt24

seriously you are using revolutions? and civil wars? that is sad. they have a cause unlike religions..

but in the period of the saraceen byzantees more wars happened then that

World War I (1914-1918)-Last war of the Czarist Russian Empire prior to the Bolshevik (Communist) Revolution.

yep you did it.....

i guess people who are opresssed and want to be free or want to be independant are wrong... that is what most of those wars were about. like how the tzar was opressing the people

yet still no war caused by atheism

and what's your take on the role technology has played in the recent past?

a tool can be used as you please. something that is lifeless CAN not be good or evil

i dont see how technology has worsened our society.(japan)

if you talk about weapons. it is still a tool. the person decides to throw a nuke on a city not the nuke itself.

the weapons in advanced technology are just like the extremist in religion. unnecesary

I have many many reasons not to believe in God. They are my personal experiences that lead me to believe that IF there was a God, why didn't he help me?

First thing, When I was born in 1980, My mom told my father that she was pregnate, he didn't want to have anything to do with us. My mom was 18. So I was raised without my father. During those years it was hard. Actually, Hard isn't even remotely close to what I had to endure during my childhood. My mom did as much as she could to provide for my brother and I. We were on welfare, jumped from house to house, we lived in a car for a week when I was 3. We survived, not on faith of God, but from friends and the goverment. Our meals consited of tv dinners, salsbury steak broiled in a bag, goverment cheese, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, Tang and powdered milk. Eventually, my mom went back to school to finish up and get a great career to care for her 2 children and not have to have the goverment help her raise us.

Second, My mom had boyfriends trying to find a suitable father figure for my brother and I, there were some bad seeds. And One Really bad seed, in which when I was 7 he raped me repeatedly and all I could do was pray to God to have him stop. He didn't hear my prayers cause the sexual abuse and the physical abuse didn't stop for months until he beat my mom horribly. He took her outside and bashed her head against the concrete. He didn't beat us nearly as bad, but seeing my mom getting hurt, hurt us as bad as the beatings. Needlesstosay, God didn't come to 'save us', my uncle did and had the s.o.b. put in jail. That was the night that I finally said something about the rapings. It is very hard for a 7 year old girl to come into a court room and see the man who ripped your already pathedic life apart, and get some justice. He was sententced to 15-40 years.

Third, I lived in fear for many years. When I was in 6th grade I tried numerous times to kill myself. I wanted out of this hell of a life. Why would a God put one family through so much pain and agony? Doesn't he have any compassion for a child? I drew a picture of me holding a gun to my head, tears streaming down my face, and I drew pictures of some of my classmates who were terribly mean to me telling me that I was worthless, ugly, and to pull the trigger. This picture put me into an institution for children with 'problems' for 2 weeks. I didn't find God in there, I found 'Life' and friends.

I felt as if the Good Book, missed alot of pages. There probably was a guy named Jesus. I feel if Christians are so 'for' God, why don't they smoke marijuana. If God created everything on this earth that is natural. I am sure he didn't put marijuana on this planet for us to look at. And for all those people to believe they saw a man walk across the water, MUST have been smoking something. Hmm.

I still can't believe in something that brings so much pain. I didn't eat the damn apple so why did I have to suffer?

He took my grandma away from us in a freek accident this year. 5 days before her FAVORITE holiday, Christmas. I am so mad at him if he exists. I didn't deserve to have a life like this. My grandma didn't deserve to die like that. SHe was only 72! I am a good person with a good heart, My grandma was a great person and a great heart! I did believe in this God when I was young, but he never helped me, I had to help myself with the help of my family. He torchured me, he brought hell into my life. No child derseves this abuse. I was an innocent child. All children are innocent and He hasn't helped any of us.

I do believe in somethings though, Myself and the Power of Family and Friends.

440544[/snapback]

This is going to be hard, first off you can't have someone put god on a silver platter and serve it right in front of you. You have to find him yourself. We are spirits living a human experience, not humans living a spiritual one. You have to find out who god really is, and if he's here. Sorry for my explanation, hoped it helped a little.

how many died by NUKES

and how many people have been saved by Technology discovered by having nukes

Im sure than more people have been saved by this particular invention technology

Edited by whoa182

how many died by  NUKES

and how many people have been saved by Technology discovered by having nukes

Im sure than more people have been saved by this particular invention technology

and how many people are being affected and going to be affected by Global warming? Carcinogens released in pollution? Mobile phone radiation? (Radio waves from mobile phones harm body cells and damage DNA in laboratory conditions, according to a new study majority-funded by the European Union)

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/12/...ne.health.reut/

a tool can be used as you please. something that is lifeless CAN not be good or evil

if you talk about weapons. it is still a tool. the person decides to throw a nuke on a city not the nuke itself.

the weapons in advanced technology are just like the extremist in religion. unnecesary

I'm not sure if you got my PM on Japanese law being so overwhelmingly corrupted (especially with regards to sexual indecencies) can you please follow this link and clear it up for me.... http://forum.japantoday.com/Rape_in_japan,...m_112134/tm.htm

and how many people are being affected and going to be affected by Global warming? Carcinogens released in pollution? Mobile phone radiation? (Radio waves from mobile phones harm body cells and damage DNA in laboratory conditions, according to a new study majority-funded by the European Union)

And how many people have survived certain diseases due to technology? How many have lived longer, healthier lives because of technology?

How many people would live to old age without technology. The average life span over 100-150 years ago was 37

How many people would live to old age without technology.  The average life span over 100-150 years ago was 37

445205[/snapback]

No, it was in the 50 - 60. Now its in the 76-100. You're thinking about 250 and more years ago it was closer to that.

And how many people have survived certain diseases due to technology? How many have lived longer, healthier lives because of technology?

I understand what you're saying original.gif BUT technology has also had negative effects on society—environmental pollution, depletion of natural resources, unemployment, and the creation of ethical dilemmas, among other things like reasons for waging WAR etc...

I understand what you're saying original.gif BUT technology has also had negative effects on society—environmental pollution, depletion of natural resources, unemployment, and the creation of ethical dilemmas, among other things like reasons for waging WAR etc...

Everything has negative effects on society. If they found a cure for cancer it would have a negative effect because someone who was cured might go on to start a war, or someone poisons the cure, etc. You can find a negative side to everything.

Ok… I have read some of these post and I am not up to a in depth

debate on religion vs science. Basically both can be used for good or

evil depending on the person. Neither are to be blamed. It is like

saying metal is bad… Because someone used a metal gun to shoot a

child. Well metal is used in a lot of thing to help and hurt. The

person is evil, not the item used to kill, not the theory used to

justify.

Anyways to stay on topic here, I know I will get criticized for this

and that is fine. I am not asking for anyone to convert just

explaining my point of view. I consider myself a Christian though I

have lost a lot of faith in the church and no longer attend services.

(long off topic there). Maybe one day I will find one that suits me.

But for now I find myself on a one to one basis with my God. I have

been through a lot, more then anyone had the right to ask of a child but

I wont display it on the boards here as I consider it to be a private

matter.

I had a lot of issues coming to grasps with why God had put me threw

some of the trials I went threw. However I realized something that I

think is important to start the healing process. We as a people have

major issues taking fault onto ourselves and accepting that we are

flawed. 99.99 percent of these "trials" we go threw are from our own

stupidity and our own faults. Stop trying to blame them on God, when

you didn't listen to his rules. I don't believe that you have to

follow the bible as a law set in iron. But seriously it has a great

guideline on how to live your life. God gave us the freedom of

choice, and the minds to make our own decisions. He also gifted us

with a great guideline on how to live our life. Just think how these

simple rules could have changed this girl’s life. It isn't God's fault

when people don't follow his rules. You don't want to follow God's

rules, that's fine and dandy best of luck to ya. But don't whine and

moan when things mess up cause you weren't listening.

Just one example of all the ones I could give. General rule from the

bible "Pre-martial sex is bad" (simplified version). This could have

saved a lot of grief, for a lot of people. Think about it… The mother

would have not had to deal with being a single mother. The children

would have had a more stable home. There would have been far less of

a chance of them being abused.

Anyways… in conclusion. Don't blame God for your own faults or the

faults of others. Believe in him or not, you don't have the right to

say he is bad, unless you were following all of his rules. Same

concept of "Don't gripe about the president, if you didn't vote”

I'm not sure if you got my PM on Japanese law being so overwhelmingly corrupted (especially with regards to sexual indecencies) can you please follow this link and clear it up for me.... http://forum.japantoday.com/Rape_in_japan,...m_112134/tm.htm

445194[/snapback]

that is old'd numbers do not lie. crime rates in japan are the lowest in the world it does not mean that there is no crime in japan

BUT technology has also had negative effects on society—environmental pollution, depletion of natural resources, unemployment

technology is also the solution for those things

This isn't the thread that I intented. If this nonsence of religion/war and bickering doesn't end, Please end this thread. I wanted support, guidance and reassurance, and it isn't here anymore. Thank you. Free

This isn't the thread that I intented. If this nonsence of religion/war and bickering doesn't end, Please end this thread. I wanted support, guidance and reassurance, and it isn't here anymore. Thank you. Free

445807[/snapback]

why do you want other people to guide you? you can think for yourself right? you can take your own decisions..

Its called empathy and if you don't want to give it - then stay out of this thread.

Free,

Please try to read the book Conversations With God - look within and calm your mind wub.gif I understand your pain wink2.gif Best wishes and happy thoughts

why do you want other people to guide you? you can think for yourself right? you can take your own decisions..

That's a little harsh on the poor girl dont you think? after all she's been through? Show some consideration and heart, doesn't Atheism teach you that?

Edited by LuQy

No offence but like I said, this isn't the thread I intended. If you and LuQy want to dispute on your differences, please take it else where. It has no regards to me or my situation or has anything to do with why it is hard for me to believe in God, it happened to me. The topic that I have chose. I do not have hard feelings for either of you, I jsut would hope that you respect my wishes and start your own topics. If not, I just hope that they end this thread. Thank you again. Free

Show some consideration and heart, doesn't Atheism teach you that?

actually 90% of my life i was religious so you should be saying did not religion teach you that......

Is it me, or would I be right in saying that people who have been involved in religion and are now atheists the most bitter towards God and His followers here?

(notice i said most and not all)

Thank you me again and LuQy, much appreciated.

Rufio, That is quite weird, I realize the same. But I was a firm believer, now athiest. Well, more or less or somewhat of Agnostic.

Is it me, or would I be right in saying that people who have been involved in religion and are now atheists the most bitter towards God and His followers here?

445930[/snapback]

i am the anti christ i will no longer pollute this topic

Edited by Hotoke

445930[/snapback]

Is it me, or would I be right in saying that people who believe in the god from a major religion are the most argumentative, illogical and intolerate towards atheists here?

445930[/snapback]

Is it me, or would I be right in saying that people who believe in the god from a major religion are the most argumentative, illogical and intolerate towards atheists here?

445942[/snapback]

The only people who oppose atheist's thoughts here are those of a religious person's thoughts. So anyone who would argue would be religious.

Whereas there are atheists here who do not have any religious background and atheist here who do.

I thought it was a perfectly reasonable question on one of my observations. i didn't mean to offend anyone by asking this.

Edited by Rufio85

445930[/snapback]

445942[/snapback]

The only people who oppose atheist's thoughts here are those of a religious person's thoughts. So anyone who would argue would be religious.

Whereas there are atheists here who do not have any religious background and atheist here who do.

I thought it was a perfectly reasonable question on one of my observations. i didn't mean to offend anyone by asking this.

445958[/snapback]

There are also religious people who's religion is a popular one, and those who's religion is less popular...