Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why It Is Hard For Me To Believe In GOD.

Freespyryt24

Starlit: Thank you for your story of comparisson. I know that there are others like us, I know it could have been worse. (I just read a book called 'A child called It' by Dave Pelzer -haven't read the others though) This poor child went threw worse then I could ever imagine. (if you read it you'll know what I am talking about)

Rue: thank you as well for your post. They help my heart heal faster to know that others are still out there with compassion in their hearts. And Zandore isn't a meanie. He is very understanding. You just haveta get to know him and his wit.

My past hurts me so much that I can't forgive who and what made it happen. (and i know for sure it wasn't my fault) It is tough for me to believe in what others do. I do respect all that believe in God and his words but me personally can't find it in my heart to do so as well. Maybe one of these days, but as of right now, I am content and happy with my life as it is. I mean no offense if I call any religion a cult. Sometimes I will get frustrated and vent off but by all means I mean no personal attacks.  I am starting to believe in the power of mother nature. (native american Indians beliefs) they suit me more (make more sence) Some people just believe in different things. thanks again to all. I am jsut babbling on now....

581464[/snapback]

you're very welcome dear.anytime i can help then pm me and we'll talk.i'am sure we could have alot to talk about and maybe help each other out. Ya my past hurts me also. It's not easy trying to act normal like you've had a happy life just to impress everyone else. that's not easy. but if i be myself then i feel it's not good enough because i've been hurt too much. people call me a perfectionist at home, with my life, tell me i'am a stepford wife, and say i'am too pleasant. it's like a slap back in the face and these people don't even know me or my life. And yes I think maybe I'am too pleasant. For I'am no stepford wife. hmm.gif I have had spats with my spouse, I don't always keep house tidy and I don't kiss everyones butt. I've learned to stick up more for myself than I used to and it feels good. thumbsup.gif

Anywys, ya I hope one day you find what is your true beleif cuz I feel you sort of beleive in God yet don't cuz you've hurt so much so you might be at this time trying to figure that out right now. which is good. do that and don't go on by what others tell you that they think you should. xoxoxox original.gif

And Zandore isn't a meanie. He is very understanding.
Thank you Free! by the way HI.
You just haveta get to know him and his wit.
You finally figured out i was a little twisted. tongue.gif
I am starting to believe in the power of mother nature. (native american Indians beliefs) they suit me more (make more sence)
It is one of the more peaceful beliefs around.
WHAT!!!!!

No Santa Claus??????????

There is if you want there to be. thumbsup.gif

yah, zandore is a nice dude, if u get to know him... but, dont listen to anyone about the existence or non existence of God, or any other beings... no matter what it is going to come down to what u can believe.

yah, zandore is a nice dude, if u get to know him... but, dont listen to anyone about the existence or non existence of God, or any other beings... no matter what it is going to come down to what u can believe.

582903[/snapback]

Yes like me and LOG said Free dear, you gotta go by what you beleive is true. Not what others tell you hun. Don't ever let someone tell you that God is false or is real. It beleive he is real myself, but I'am not gonna tell you to beleive he is. It's what you deem as your choice that matters, not by others!!

582903[/snapback]

Yes like me and LOG said Free dear, you gotta go by what you beleive is true. Not what others tell you hun. Don't ever let someone tell you that God is false or is real. It beleive he is real myself, but I'am not gonna tell you to beleive he is. It's what you deem as your choice that matters, not by others!!

582930[/snapback]

yes, free... i also believe in God.. and the most i will ever do is quote some scripture or speak of the love of Christ... i wont tell u to believe, or disbelieve anything.. only what i believe will i tell u.

Thanks StarKate, LOG and Zan Man.

I took a walk yesterday, taking it all in the fresh air, the sun that kissed my face, the birds that sang wonderful mating songs, the shadow that kept me company. I was in awe by the extremety of this life. How horrible my past was, there was always fresh air, the sun, the birds and my shadow. Whether or not, a God made all of this, I was still content by my surroundings. I still will always question, why these particals? I find myself feeling like a two year old again, wondering why everything existed. Everyone has their own renditions, everyone will have different beliefs, Everyone will take a different breath of fresh air, the sun may kiss their backs instead, the birds may be silent for awhile, and everyones shadow that will always differ from the others. Same with religion or anyof our other beliefs.

I took a walk yesterday, taking it all in the fresh air, the sun that kissed my face, the birds that sang wonderful mating songs, the shadow that kept me company. I was in awe by the extremety of this life. How horrible my past was, there was always fresh air, the sun, the birds and my shadow. Whether or not, a God made all of this, I was still content by my surroundings. I still will always question, why these particals? I find myself feeling like a two year old again, wondering why everything existed. Everyone has their own renditions, everyone will have different beliefs, Everyone will take a different breath of fresh air, the sun may kiss their backs instead, the birds may be silent for awhile, and everyones shadow that will always differ from the others. Same with religion or anyof our other beliefs.

584560[/snapback]

Yes that was nice hun. I have those moments where I take a walk, breath of fresh air cuz i don't think the other breaths outdo that one big one and the birds mating songs and your shadow that is just yours. it really makes you think doesn't it. i love those walks. cuz i take in everything. nice one free. now if only life always felt that great and carefree, hugh? original.gif

584560[/snapback]

Yes that was nice hun. I have those moments where I take a walk, breath of fresh air cuz i don't think the other breaths outdo that one big one and the birds mating songs and your shadow that is just yours. it really makes you think doesn't it. i love those walks. cuz i take in everything. nice one free. now if only life always felt that great and carefree, hugh? original.gif

584641[/snapback]

life is that carefree once one passes a certian stage of enligtenment. life is only troubling so long as one trys to impose artificial confines upon it.

• 7 years later...

I have many many reasons not to believe in God. They are my personal experiences that lead me to believe that IF there was a God, why didn't he help me?

I do believe in somethings though, Myself and the Power of Family and Friends.

If you don't believe in god, then don't. What exactly are you struggling with?

I understand why you have grown to be.. bitter and perhaps a little cynical about the world.

But see, let me tell you what I believe, maybe you can get some inspiration from my faith...

For me, it's complicated. I have faith but it doesn't belong with any religion in the world.

I'm a free thinker, I believe in fate and destiny but I also believe that fate can be in our own hands.

I remember I've once read a Chinese proverb, that means something like this: We either define our fate, or we are defined by it.

It is so absolutely true. Everyone is given different challenges and situations in life, how we deal with them is entirely up to us. It decides who we are, & your attitude is the key to happiness.

"Liberate from misery and appreciate what life has to offer". Like you said, you believe in the power of family and friends, that's one of the greatest gift you can ask of life. And you have it. Some people don't even have a family... or trustworthy friends. And above all, you believe in yourself.

Whether you realize it or not, it has made you a better and stronger person. Don't they say, what doesn't destroy you, makes you stronger.

You're exactly the verification of that.

Many people have low self esteem after a struggle or two in life, which leads to them turning their back on the world. But you didn't.

You are brave, and strong.

Don't let the whole skepticism about god bother you, if you're worried that you'll be sent to hell after death for not putting faith in him, it's silly.

Think about it, after all he has put you through, what right does he have for condemning you not putting faith in him?

Don't trouble yourself, believe what you believe. No one is here to judge you for that, never.

• Like 1

If you don't believe in god, then don't. What exactly are you struggling with?

The person you are speaking to.. has not been active on UM from 2005.. ( 7 years ) In saying that...I liked the rest of your post

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I've always been pretty straight forward..

No hard feelings intended :)