Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The City Of David

ellapenella

Okay I've really got to say this. How is any of that important? Is it some fantasy that many Christian hold for the end of everything? That's rather nihilistic. I can't help but think of all the energy and effort that's applied to religious beliefs and practices that could be channeled into something actually productive. Instead of looking towards the end, direct that same energy into rebuilding the only home humanity has right now.  I mean do you hate your existence that much? (not directed at anyone. Just the idea of looking towards the end of the world). 

You can have your thread back. I wouldn't set my hope high for anything fruitful to come out of it.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 6

28 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Okay I've really got to say this. How is any of that important

It's very important, historic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

Why? It's not important to me and billions of other people on the planet. What makes it so important in a realistic sense?

• Like 6

Christians are so concerned about the past or the future as Xenofish so aptly stated, what's wrong with the here and now? Christians are so concerned with why people who suffer from natural disasters shouldn't be helped (they accept homosexuality, they're okay with pedophilia, they voted for the wrong presidential candidate) that they overlook the fact that HELPING OTHERS is what Christ taught his followers to do. To help WITHOUT CONDITIONS. Not help if they believe as I do. Not help if they're the same race as I am. Not help if they will someday help in return. Help people with NO EXPECTATIONS. Christians always seem to miss that point.

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Okay I've really got to say this. How is any of that important? Is it some fantasy that many Christian hold for the end of everything? That's rather nihilistic. I can't help but think of all the energy and effort that's applied to religious beliefs and practices that could be channeled into something actually productive. Instead of looking towards the end, direct that same energy into rebuilding the only home humanity has right now.  I mean do you hate your existence that much? (not directed at anyone. Just the idea of looking towards the end of the world). 

You can have your thread back. I wouldn't set my hope high for anything fruitful to come out of it.

First things first.  It is considered an important discovery - IF it proves true - because it could actually defuse the horrific war that is on the horizon between the Jews and Palestinians over the Temple Mount.  If an acceptable, believable proof is offered, especially to Orthodox Jewry in Israel, that the location of the second Temple is NOT on the Temple Mount as long assumed, Israel can proceed apace with rebuilding their Temple.  That's KIND of a big deal for them.

It could defuse a really bad situation OR it might push the Palestinian leadership into attack mode.  If Abbas and Co. no longer have the argument that Jews want to seize the Temple Mount, they might struggle to find a reason to incite violence in the future.  Savvy?  Those are the politics.  Does the belief system of others make that much difference to you?  Even if you sincerely feel that such beliefs are going to lead to global war, none of us have the power to change one thing that is happening there.  Frankly, I'm more worried about the violent nut-jobs in America that seem determined to inflame real violence on a national scale, here.  Note the inclusive plural.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I'll watch the vid later.  Thanks, Ella.  My dad was a merchant seaman and he often travelled to Haifa.  He brought a panoramic postcard of the Jerusalem skyline that matches this image perfectly!  That was from the late 60's.  I'd be really interested to know WHAT proofs would be acceptable by those who matter, there.  If the new location is accepted, it will be an astounding change of the status quo.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nonentity said:

Christians are so concerned with why people who suffer from natural disasters shouldn't be helped (they accept homosexuality, they're okay with pedophilia, they voted for the wrong presidential candidate) that they overlook the fact that HELPING OTHERS is what Christ taught his followers to do.

That statement pretty much DEFINES hate against a religious group by YOU.  It's a damnable lie - UNLESS you'd care to cite some mainstream Christian organizations that have been PROVEN to behave and go on the record admitting such behavior in a way that can be independently documented.  Just as #NOT ALL MUSLIMS.... using such a broad, hateful brush is disgusting.

1 hour ago, and then said:

I'll watch the vid later.  Thanks, Ella.  My dad was a merchant seaman and he often travelled to Haifa.  He brought a panoramic postcard of the Jerusalem skyline that matches this image perfectly!  That was from the late 60's.  I'd be really interested to know WHAT proofs would be acceptable by those who matter, there.  If the new location is accepted, it will be an astounding change of the status quo.

That video was pretty much the article in OP being read by someone.

Quote is from this video . I believe that is the man who discovered all this. There's disputing going on about it, it hasn't been proven or disproved yet.

http://www.askelm.com/news/n140717.pdf

http://templemountlocation.com/bobCornukeTheoryDisputed.html

Can you imagine the upheaval in political and religious thinking if the Temple Mount in Jerusalem is not the site of Solomon's and Herod's temples? And what if the stones of the Wailing Wall are not what tradition says? In this highly-researched, exciting book, the author proposes from current archaeological excavations and Scriptural corroboration that the true temple location is not where tradition teaches. - Please SUBSCRIBE to our channel. Subscriptions ensure that you are always informed when new videos are uploaded, and its really helps us to bring you better content. - To subscribe to The Personal Update News Journal, go to: http://www.khouse.org/subscribe - To learn more about the Koinonia Institute, go to: http://www.studycenter.com

eta

if you can I would suggest this video it's produced by the man who's researching it.

Edited by Ellapennella

13 hours ago, Nonentity said:

Christians are so concerned about the past or the future as Xenofish so aptly stated, what's wrong with the here and now? Christians are so concerned with why people who suffer from natural disasters shouldn't be helped (they accept homosexuality, they're okay with pedophilia, they voted for the wrong presidential candidate) that they overlook the fact that HELPING OTHERS is what Christ taught his followers to do. To help WITHOUT CONDITIONS. Not help if they believe as I do. Not help if they're the same race as I am. Not help if they will someday help in return. Help people with NO EXPECTATIONS. Christians always seem to miss that point.

I think that was well said! :tu:  I have had the fortunate thing to have friends who seem to me, to be real practicing Christians. And it's not in the lecturing or the other stuff that make them think they're better, but in the way how they're there as friends and just pretty much make your life better by being giving and loving. I thought a lot of this is to help those in the here and now. I can understand how religious look unto their beliefs as guidance, comfort, and support. Like I feel for my unique be concerned about other things, that hasn't happened, is thought to happen (but no proof) and things that have no impact in the general message and behavior? 

Here's the thing, is this all based on what a prophecy says will happen? 

• Like 2

The plans to reconstruct the Jewish temple have been going on for a few years now. It will actually be quite a prophetic fulfillment when they are finally able to complete the project. The book of Revelation mentions a rebuilt third temple, and exactly what's supposed to unfold there as well.

https://www.templeinstitute.org/

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2017 at 11:02 PM, WoIverine said:

The plans to reconstruct the Jewish temple have been going on for a few years now. It will actually be quite a prophetic fulfillment when they are finally able to complete the project. The book of Revelation mentions a rebuilt third temple, and exactly what's supposed to unfold there as well.

https://www.templeinstitute.org/

I've always wondered why it was said by Jesus that not one stone would remain and yet that wall  has become a prayer wall with stones standing and with this new discovery of the City of David with no stone standing where a temple once stood has me looking into what the bible says about the location of the original temple, could it be the original temple spoken of throughout the bible? that would mean that no stone really stood like Jesus said.

• Like 2

The event which brings down the remaining stones has not happened yet. For now, that some stones remain is a 'stumbling block' to those who use them still standing as proof the Bible is wrong.

That kind of thing happens a lot. Misunderstood Bible verses become the very thing which causes someone to stumble into disbelief. It is compounded when nonbelievers use the misunderstanding to draw away or, (intentionally or not) deceive potential believers.

For anything, we must remember, for everything there is a season. If something in the bible is not adding up then perhaps that is because the season for whatever is being viewed has already happened or, as in this case, hasn't happened yet.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2017 at 7:10 PM, and then said:

That statement pretty much DEFINES hate against a religious group by YOU.  It's a damnable lie - UNLESS you'd care to cite some mainstream Christian organizations that have been PROVEN to behave and go on the record admitting such behavior in a way that can be independently documented.  Just as #NOT ALL MUSLIMS.... using such a broad, hateful brush is disgusting.

It happens. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiImp3OwYnWAhVIZCYKHTSZD_kQFggmMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2010%2FUS%2F01%2F13%2Fhaiti.pat.robertson%2Findex.html&usg=AFQjCNHAmCkI0dC4JEgPrnmXQRE9L-9udw

Sure, not everyone does it, but it gets done by some very prominent Christians. 

• Like 2

On 9/3/2017 at 0:13 PM, ChaosRose said:

Sure, not everyone does it, but it gets done by some very prominent Christians. 

And when some do it, they deserve severe condemnation.  The rest don't deserve to be uniformly painted with the same brush.  Those who engage in that are just as guilty of hateful bias as anyone they're condemning.

• Like 1

I think we could all agree that Pat Robertson is a perfect example of what I do not like about certain Christians. You know. When I say I don't care what you believe, but what you do because of your belief. Fine example he is.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Pat Robertson.:lol:

38a9e71b6a9fa919ebe308ae099c458114bfc0f7

Which adds what, exactly, to the discussion of the potential change in location of a Jewish Temple?  Yeah, he's a nut.  Most religions have them.  I hadn't heard of any of the deceived that believe him going out and killing others based on his dogma.

Just now, and then said:

Which adds what, exactly, to the discussion of the potential change in location of a Jewish Temple?  Yeah, he's a nut.  Most religions have them.  I hadn't heard of any of the deceived that believe him going out and killing others based on his dogma.

Absolutely freaking nothing. I still don't see the supposed importance of this temple. I really don't. I guess it's only important if you fancy such things. Only thing Pat kills is brain cells. :lol:

Keep in mind, the temple is on the precipice of being rebuilt now. We have this next:

"He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God."  (That's the antichrist, for all who don't know)

Thought I'd throw this in for those who believe, and for those who don't:

"Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation."

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Absolutely freaking nothing. I still don't see the supposed importance of this temple. I really don't. I guess it's only important if you fancy such things. Only thing Pat kills is brain cells. :lol:

Sorry, I really thought I explained that.  Cast your imagination just a wee bit, eh?  Realize that millions of human beings actually are deadly serious about their faith in God.  If you think they are mentally deficient, fearful, or even disturbed, it doesn't change their belief system.  With me so far?  I think it's called empathy.  THEY believe the words of their Torah/Bible that point to the 3rd version of this Temple being in existence when Messiah returns.  Since his return is looked for with great eagerness they want to see a day when that Temple exists again.  There are groups in Israel that have been planning and even creating the vessels and priestly garments and utensils for years now.  I even heard that the structure itself has been partially prefabricated so that if ANY political opening were to occur, they'd be ready to make it a fait acompli before minds could be changed.

IOW, it's a VERY big deal to many Israelis.  Because it's such an important part of the Jewish faith, the Palestinians will do anything to hinder it from becoming a reality.  So if the City of David location is determined to be accurate and is accepted as such by mainstream orthodox Jews it could defuse the coming crisis over the Temple Mount, overnight.  Some actual good news for a change.  Unless the Palis decided to simply switch gears and attack over some other pretense.

And when this fabled temple is built and nothing happens. Then what? Do we all go out for ice cream sundays and have a laugh? You know that's the problem with such beliefs, they are taken far too seriously. It's not so much as believing in god or whatever, it's drawing blood because of such beliefs. That's madness right there. When you're willing to end a human life over a god. 

• Like 1

It really is a form of materialistic belief. All the fancy dress, the importance of things that have no real value outside of belief. All those gods of gold and stone. The golden calf of the modern age. How 'holy' a book of fables is to some people, taken to a literal end and all that does is ruin things. The power and control people put themselves under and for what? A meaning to their lives? Sure why not. But when you take spiritual beliefs seriously, I highly recommend you put down your holy books and reevaluate your life. Because if there is a god I don't think it'll care how much time you spend in church. The quality of your prayers, or the observation of rituals. Nah, if god is what many of you say. I figure it'll care more about the person you are. Who knows. This devil so many fear. What if it created religion to confused and divide the masses. To pit brother against brother, sister against sister, a war of words, of beliefs. A great stumbling block. Keep your faith, that's fine, it's your life. But why so serious? You were born with nothing and you'll take nothing with you. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

And when this fabled temple is built and nothing happens. Then what? Do we all go out for ice cream sundays and have a laugh? You know that's the problem with such beliefs, they are taken far too seriously. It's not so much as believing in god or whatever, it's drawing blood because of such beliefs. That's madness right there. When you're willing to end a human life over a god. 

Again, denying the validity of the beliefs of others isn't the point here.  You said you didn't understand why the rebuilding of the Temple mattered and I told you.  What you do with it is up to you. The God I worship and try to obey doesn't command me to end a life, ever.