Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has Anbody Experienced This As A Kid?

Crazykitten1234

When I was like 4 or 5 years old I would often wake up in the middle of the night  and see numerous dark figures standing side by side right next to my bed.It was a human figure but there were no  facial features. It was just all black.    When I looked into my parents room I would only see one at the foot of their bed. And there be one at the bottom of the stairs. I would usually run to turn the light switch on and they would disappear. As soon as I turned them off they would reappear. This only lasted about a year a two before I no longer saw them. People believe that kids are more likely to see things than adults. 

I do believe children experience odd perceptions in greater numbers than adults. This can be mainly be attributed to a developing brain.

When you are in the dark your mind tries to 'see' for you when your eyes can not. This can lead to all sorts of strange perceptions and explains why they always disappeared when you turn the lights on.

There are many possibilities here including that you dreamt the experiences, had a form of somnambulism or were really haunted.

From here it's all about what you want to believe.

• Like 4

I saw weird things as a kid too. It's just the brain developing trying to make sense of the world 

• Like 1

The state in between sleep and waking can cause strange sensations. Waking dreams can be disorienting because they often feel so real.

• Like 2

Not as a kid, no. 

You can make them. And then you can make them go away. 

• Like 1

Not as a child. But, and only once though, when I had an oobe I saw a shadow figure sitting/hovering above my sibling while sleeping. I got angry and grabbed that thing and we flew through the wall and out somewhere but then I bounced back inside my physical body. We shared room at that time. As I woke up I looked over at my sibling and .... was sleeping in the same position. I didn't say anything about it to .... but in the morning my sibling said .... had the weirdest dream. That it felt as if someone was sitting on.... and looking at .... face. Which this shadow figure I saw did. Only at that moment did I say what I saw and what I did. My sibling did of course not believe me.

This thing did not have any facial feuteres, looked like a thick shadow, misty dark gray. But as a shape of a person. When I got mad and yelled, mind, to that thing it moved it face and looked at me. Previous to that it was staring inches from my siblings face.

Idk what that was all about. But I did not like it.
I felt this thing as I grabbed it too. Still remember that mildly cold feeling, almost like a soft fluffy smooth silky cotton feel to it.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 9/1/2017 at 10:18 AM, AlienzTruth said:

Not as a child. But, and only once though, when I had an oobe I saw a shadow figure sitting/hovering above my sibling while sleeping. I got angry and grabbed that thing and we flew through the wall and out somewhere but then I bounced back inside my physical body. We shared room at that time. As I woke up I looked over at my sibling and .... was sleeping in the same position. I didn't say anything about it to .... but in the morning my sibling said .... had the weirdest dream. That it felt as if someone was sitting on.... and looking at .... face. Which this shadow figure I saw did. Only at that moment did I say what I saw and what I did. My sibling did of course not believe me.

This thing did not have any facial feuteres, looked like a thick shadow, misty dark gray. But as a shape of a person. When I got mad and yelled, mind, to that thing it moved it face and looked at me. Previous to that it was staring inches from my siblings face.

Idk what that was all about. But I did not like it.
I felt this thing as I grabbed it too. Still remember that mildly cold feeling, almost like a soft fluffy smooth silky cotton feel to it.

Was trying to inter your sibling.

Edited by cerberusxp
misspelled

I have a memory of three black fuzzy human forms with glowing eyes standing next to my bed from when I was very young. I dont know if it was a dream or an actual sighting, but it seems very dream-like.

I'm hesitant to call it paranormal, but it is odd that so many people see the same thing when they are kids. Why always black human forms? Why not gray dogs, or white spiders? Some kind of subconscious group hallucination? Why would so many have the same images rooted in their subconscious?

Edited by moonman

I'm Forbin. I'm 61. A Google search brought me here. I have a lifetime of weird paranormal activity including vivid dreams that come true, demonic activity, and recently, the hearing of a woman's voice in my bedroom calling my name. The "waking up to dark figures" post caught my eye. It reminded me of the very first paranormal event that occurred in my life as a child. It was not a dream. I was 8 years old and spent the night at my grandmothers in the spare bedroom. I awoke in the middle of the night as usual to go to the bathroom. But I will never forget what I saw when I sat up in bed. Covering the walls, ceiling, floor, and my bed, were giant spider like creatures with the heads of men. There were hundreds of them. They were the size of tarantulas, but didn't look like tarantulas. Their legs looked more like sticks. They had the heads of men, and they were all looking at me. I was petrified out of my wits, so much so, I couldn't move. I eventually fell back asleep in a sitting up position. This was the first thing on my mind when I awoke the next morning..the spiders I had seen in the middle of the night. I have very rarely shared this experience with anyone. But I have since come to believe that this was my first encounter with the demonic realm. They may even have entered into me that night, I don't know. I also believe that they visit you early in life, when you have a great spiritual task ahead, because there is a spiritual struggle that exists all around us, according to the Bible. We are the prize. Life and death are so much more than we know. I see a lot of posts about the shadowy figures in the night. It's amazing how many folks have seen that. But has anyone seen the spiders with the heads of men?

• Like 1

On 9/1/2017 at 9:43 AM, ChaosRose said:

Not as a kid, no. 

You can make them. And then you can make them go away. 

I remember having the ability to wake myself from scary dreams.  I'd tell myself - in the dream - "this is a dream, wake up".  I must have been about 4 or 5 at the time.

I would often wake up at night at 3 to 4 years old and see not black human figures but black panthers all around the room.Later in life I went out with a girl who had the same experiences as a chid.

Wow. Thought I had heard everything, but Panthers? Demonic forces can manifest themselves many ways, including as 'angels of light', to deceive. I'm convinced that the giant spiders with the demonic human heads that I saw were a legion of type. It seems that they like to take on frightening type forms, probably to scare or shock us. The odds of two people who don't know each other, both seeing Panthers, and then later meeting each other, has to be infinitesimal. I would be curious to know what paths you both took in life, after experiencing the Panthers. I'm also curious as to what you personally think the Panthers were? An apparition created by your own mind? Or perhaps demonic in nature? Or something else?  ~Forbin

I'm not sure about my ex girlfriend but we both came from difficult upbringings.We are both really sensitive people. I'm a horticulturist,hunter and working dog fancier.I remember seeing these panthers on several occasions,when woken during the night.Neither of us have any idea what they were.I've just come on this forum myself to maybe get info and to tell of my experiences through my life of spirits, evil forces and demons and maybe get some answers  and to talk to similar open minded people.I've got a lot of stories to tell, whether people believe me or not is up to them.

Shadow figures are commonly seen by people who have taken high doses of DPH (Benadryl). It's also interesting that Forbin mentioned spiders, another commons occurrence when on DPH. I wonder if this drug induces similar states of mind that all of you have experienced while sober. This could point to a more scientific explanation. Or, if you want to go the spiritual route, DPH and drugs similar may allow the user to open themselves up more to this other "realm". 

I only experienced seeing the spiders with demonic human heads just once, at 8. Wasn't on drugs, even kids medications. They weren't shadowy. I was awake. I know what I saw. I do believe in God, so I do believe in the demonic realm. Could have been that. However, later in my life, when I was having headaches, I began taking migraine liquid tabs. About the same time, I began having demonic nightmares. I did not make the connection at first, but later figured out that the medication was causing the dreams. Wicked stuff. I quit taking it and the nightmares stopped. Sleeping tabs also, I think causes dreams. Any medications before bedtime, will cause dreams I think. I don't drink any alcohol, so my system is not as wrecked as some folks. Even aspirin causes me drowsiness.

9 hours ago, Forbin said:

I only experienced seeing the spiders with demonic human heads just once, at 8. Wasn't on drugs, even kids medications. They weren't shadowy. I was awake. I know what I saw. I do believe in God, so I do believe in the demonic realm. Could have been that. However, later in my life, when I was having headaches, I began taking migraine liquid tabs. About the same time, I began having demonic nightmares. I did not make the connection at first, but later figured out that the medication was causing the dreams. Wicked stuff. I quit taking it and the nightmares stopped. Sleeping tabs also, I think causes dreams. Any medications before bedtime, will cause dreams I think. I don't drink any alcohol, so my system is not as wrecked as some folks. Even aspirin causes me drowsiness.

I wasn't saying your experiences were drug induced, just noticed the correlation. I wonder if the drugs can open you up to this "demonic realm" you speak of 

Well I do think drugs, hard drugs, do alter the brain. It could be they open up the door to the other world. But in the Bible we learn that Yeshua cast out demons from people. I doubt most of them were using drugs. Or at least the same kind of refined potent drugs we have today. So obviously, there's other ways to come into contact with the demonic realm. Demons appear as 'angels of light' to deceive. I think a lot of folks, myself also, are most attune to it during that 5 minute period that passes between the time you start to fall asleep, and are fully asleep. It's during that 5 minute period that I hear all kinds of sounds coming from the demonic realm.. other worldly voices talking rapidly, dark presence in the room, my name being called, and other weird things. I would be surprised and shocked to discover that all that stuff is coming from my own brain. Maybe it's brain static. You know, like the sound you get in between radio stations. Might make sense tho. Our brain is most awake and at work when we are asleep. And it's practically asleep, on auto-pilot when we are awake. So our brains are just waking up, as we are falling asleep. How strange is that?