Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

KURT COBAIN

meathead

What gets me about Kurt Cobains death is That from the crime scene photos, his left hand was around the upper part of the shotgun. And his right hand was along his side. This position would indicate that he pulled the trigger with his right hand. The problem is which the police didn't seem to realize is the fact that he was left handed. Don't you think he would most likely pull the trigger with his left hand ?

• Like 1

One word. Courtney.

• Like 1

You might not be pointing. That's fine. 

1 hour ago, meathead said:

...Don't you think he would most likely pull the trigger with his left hand ?

Not necessarily. All his right had to do was pull a trigger.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, meathead said:

What gets me about Kurt Cobains death is That from the crime scene photos, his left hand was around the upper part of the shotgun. And his right hand was along his side. This position would indicate that he pulled the trigger with his right hand. The problem is which the police didn't seem to realize is the fact that he was left handed. Don't you think he would most likely pull the trigger with his left hand ?

Not necessarily. When using firearms, it's more common to use the side of your dominant eye rather than the side of your dominant hand. And also, Kurt wasn't really left handed. He was a left handed guitar player- but he was right handed, as in he wrote and played drums right handed. Even his cigarette hand was domiantly right handed.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, meathead said:

not pointing blame, just the facts. Which I said the investigators overlooked this detail

So you have access to the investigation files and read them all?

Edited by toast

3 hours ago, rashore said:

Not necessarily. When using firearms, it's more common to use the side of your dominant eye rather than the side of your dominant hand. And also, Kurt wasn't really left handed. He was a left handed guitar player- but he was right handed, as in he wrote and played drums right handed. Even his cigarette hand was domiantly right handed.

I thought I read that he had consumed enough heroin to be lethal before he pulled the trigger.  If so, it would hardly make for clear thinking about how to handle a shotgun.  I never understood why people doubted he was a suicide.

14 minutes ago, and then said:

I thought I read that he had consumed enough heroin to be lethal before he pulled the trigger.  If so, it would hardly make for clear thinking about how to handle a shotgun.  I never understood why people doubted he was a suicide.

Maybe they met Courtney. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, and then said:

I tend to agree with you. It probably didn't matter one whit what his firearm handling history was, what eye vs hand dominance is involved in firearms, or which hand dominant he was. I thought it a bit of a stretch for meathead to think Kurt's hand dominance with guitar as a questionable point in how he was found with the gun- I figured it was to question if it was a suicide or not.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Maybe they met Courtney. 

Could you explain why you think she murdered him?  Or do you think she just drove him to suicide?  I've never gotten into looking into the details, just thought of it as another case of a troubled young person with huge talent, dizzying success and a fondness for drugs that got out of hand.

RIP Kurt, first inspiration for me to grab a guitar and finger out the man who sold the world..

Gone but not forgotten, my kids are listening to your complete release of emotion nowadays and loving it.

I think he was murdered, always have.