Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nibiru?

Turinabol

BTW, in regard to an image posted earlier, showing 'two suns' at sunrise, here's the origin of that image:

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap090804.html

The photographer claims he could see that with the naked eye - I'm not convinced, especially given the fact that the *two* extra 'suns' appear to be identical, even down to the little spread of light at the base.  This is commonly caused by a slightly misaligned flat glass element in or on or in front of the lens, eg a UV filter - often cameras/phones have a protective glass/plexiglass covering plate, and it will cause very bright spots of the image to be displaced unless it is perfectly aligned.   It could also be atmospheric lensing of some kind, but I find it hard to see how that would work, as usually the displacement is vertical.  Could also be a photoshop job...

As far as evidence of a second sun, do you really think that such a huge object as that would not be noticed in other ways?  You know, gravity effects, heat output, via real solar observatories, etc?

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Wasn't Nibiru all over the place in 2012? 

It started in the mid 90's by an insane woman called Nancy Lieder, who set up a website about it (Zetatalk).

Over the years she:

• was contacted by aliens and knew it was not just in her head due to a missing Starburst wrapper. (I kid you not)
  • has made numerous failed predictions about cataclysmic Nibiru-Earth collisions that never happened (the aliens were deliberately lying to her as a test, don't you know..)
  • killed her pet dog before one of the failed predicted dates so he wouldn't suffer (again, I kid you not - there is a horrifying radio interview on Youtube about this)
  • still manages to keep a few followers

I have been involved in fighting her at online forums since about 1998, and hopefully have helped at least a few of her cult members to escape the madness by learning how to apply a bit of common sense to the often ridiculous claims.  There are now very few followers and I have lost interest, except where it springs up again at forums like this..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

It started in the mid 90's by an insane woman called Nancy Lieder, who set up a website about it (Zetatalk).

Over the years she:

• was contacted by aliens and knew it was not just in her head due to a missing Starburst wrapper. (I kid you not)
  • has made numerous failed predictions about cataclysmic Nibiru-Earth collisions that never happened (the aliens were deliberately lying to her as a test, don't you know..)
  • killed her pet dog before one of the failed predicted dates so he wouldn't suffer (again, I kid you not - there is a horrifying radio interview on Youtube about this)
  • still manages to keep a few followers

I have been involved in fighting her at online forums since about 1998, and hopefully have helped at least a few of her cult members to escape the madness by learning how to apply a bit of common sense to the often ridiculous claims.  There are now very few followers and I have lost interest, except where it springs up again at forums like this..

Lieder's prediction was for it to pass in 2003. From what I have read she later withdrew that prediction...Mark Hazelwood picked it up and went a step further with it. He wrote a book called Blindsided, Planet X Passes in 2003, EARTH CHANGES....Phil Plait did an article here:

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/planetx/hazlewood.html

As far Lieder, Brian Gilbanks noted several of her failed predictions:

Cataclysms

The 12th Planet would be sighted by late 2002.

Domino earthquakes

Comet Hale-Bopp would not draw nearer.

http://www.cosmophobia.org/nancy_lieder/index.html

• Like 1

There is no need for Nibiru to cause what Nibiru should cause. We can only hope that stars which pass by the Sun won't get so close to disturb the motion in Oort cloud but even so, it could take millions of years for an object to get into inner Solar system, not to mention how Jupiter affects objects which get on the way to inner Solar system.

Interesting read few days ago on Space.com : https://www.space.com/38028-heavy-stellar-traffic-sends-dangerous-comets-our-way.html it says how our stellar neighbourhood has affected, can affect and will affect the motion of objects in Oort could.

I see it's mentioned how US defence budget has 'swallowed' trillions... It has nothing to do with 'Nibiru' but has all to do with 16 years of 'legal' war effort around the globe.

Yeah...when one lives in 'magical do-da land' I guess all sorts of stuff can happen. As for living in objective reality, not so much. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I think the Moon's shadows need a little background at this point. Good photos of the Moon's surface show us the side that faces us. When the Moon is full t he surface is bright. There are few shadows. The texture of the surface is pretty much lost due to the lack of shadows. Here is where the clever photographer comes along. Photos can be taken of first and third quarter. Then the images are "assembled" in the dark room to produce a photo of the Moon with lots of shadows that reveal the surface structures of the Moon.

Another Moon issue often lost to flat earthers and nibheads, from Earth we see slightly more than half of the Moon's surface. No, we can't look around the corner. Light does not bend. What does happen is that the Moon turns at a fixed rate. It rotates once a month and goes around the Earth once a month. But it does not travel at the same speed during its orbit. That lets us see a little on each side of the Moon. That little extra lets us see just over 50% of the Moon from Earth.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for Bronson Alpha and Bronson Beta.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I'm still waiting for Bronson Alpha and Bronson Beta.

I will help you build the spaceship to get us out of here.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2017 at 1:20 AM, XenoFish said:

Wasn't Nibiru all over the place in 2012? 

Did we miss it? Again.

• Like 1

Ohhh noooo!

IMG_1927.JPG

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Apparently. They also forgot to pick me up.:rolleyes:

Did you not get the message from the  Zeta reticuli star system? 

Me neither. :rolleyes: guess we are not special.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Maybe we are SO special that they think earth needs us?

Yes, maybe because our feet are on terra firma and we do not have our heads in the clouds.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Yes, maybe because our feet are on terra firma and we do not have our heads in the clouds.

The eccentric older man at the end of the road sells um "medicinal" herbs that can help :P

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Shouldthisexist said:

The eccentric older man at the end of the road sells um "medicinal" herbs that can help :P

I do not need help, unless the old man can lay tarmac, the road near here is full of potholes.

Question for the people with more knowledge than i! What would be the most plausible way if any for a plantet hurdling towards us to remain hidden if any? 

Also feel free to link reference material I love reading and learning! 

43 minutes ago, Shouldthisexist said:

Question for the people with more knowledge than i! What would be the most plausible way if any for a plantet hurdling towards us to remain hidden if any? 

Heading straight at the south pole then only someone exactly at the south pole would see it coming.:wacko:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Shouldthisexist said:

It's pretty basic, I think..  For it to sneak up on us, there are four basic attributes that will help:

- it needs to be pretty small, as a large (=massive) planet is not only more likely to be spotted optically, it will create detectable perturbations in known planetary orbits.

- the faster it is incoming, the less likely we are to spot it in time to do anything..

- if it has very low 'albedo', ie it is dark colored and doesn't reflect much light 

- if it manages, by a bit of luck, to not obscure any stars (that's how we sometimes  spot 'incoming' NEO's).

Despite tinfoilhat claims to the contrary, it doesn't matter what direction it is coming from - the skywatching systems we have, exist all over the planet.  (Stereo was joking..)

Also, despite tinfoilhat claims to the contrary, it can't 'hide behind the Sun' - orbital mechanics doesn't allow that, plus we now have spacecraft (eg NASA's 'Stereo' missions), that are positioned looking towards the Sun way out ahead of our position in orbit and another way out behind, so we can see what's behind the Sun anyway...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

It's pretty basic, I think..  For it to sneak up on us, there are four basic attributes that will help:

- it needs to be pretty small, as a large (=massive) planet is not only more likely to be spotted optically, it will create detectable perturbations in known planetary orbits.

- the faster it is incoming, the less likely we are to spot it in time to do anything..

- if it has very low 'albedo', ie it is dark colored and doesn't reflect much light 

- if it manages, by a bit of luck, to not obscure any stars (that's how we sometimes  spot 'incoming' NEO's).

Despite tinfoilhat claims to the contrary, it doesn't matter what direction it is coming from - the skywatching systems we have, exist all over the planet.  (Stereo was joking..)

Also, despite tinfoilhat claims to the contrary, it can't 'hide behind the Sun' - orbital mechanics doesn't allow that, plus we now have spacecraft (eg NASA's 'Stereo' missions), that are positioned looking towards the Sun way out ahead of our position in orbit and another way out behind, so we can see what's behind the Sun anyway...

I have told you this before ChrLzs: Stop using sense in discussions about woo. Its not fair !

• Like 2