Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nibiru?

Turinabol

8 hours ago, Ghost Orchid said:

Just wondering... is it not written in the Bible that the rapture will be unknown to us and will be upon us as a thief in the night?

FB_IMG_1506354460038.jpg

I think it is in our human nature to want answers.. so we tend to forget the obvious instructions/sayings in the Bible. We're curious beings...

If you decide doing the rapture dolls hive me a ring I have a warehouse packed with them

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

OK, now that's as funny as making a body out of garbage bags and putting it behind the dumpster.:tsu:

If the world doesn't end in October :P you can always do this in December... ;)

images(2).jpg

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, MissCalamity said:

I think it is in our human nature to want answers.. so we tend to forget the obvious instructions/sayings in the Bible. We're curious beings...

If you decide doing the rapture dolls hive me a ring I have a warehouse packed with them

And they say curiosity killed the cat....

You're such a hoot!!!

• Like 1

If Nibiru passes by Earth closely I'm going to stretch out my hand and give one of the Anunnaki an intergalactic high five, and have them autograph my Georgio Tsoukalos poster!

• Like 1

Well, I hope that this time he at least postpones it until after the holidays, as I love cooking Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner.

Harte

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ashyne said:

In October he will postpone it again.

Ussher dated the birth of creation as occuring on 23 October, 4004 BC. Maybe doomsday will fall on its birthday, 23 October, 2017. Woooooh! :sleepy:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

Ussher dated the birth of creation as occuring on 23 October, 4004 BC. Maybe doomsday will fall on its birthday, 23 October, 2017. Woooooh! :sleepy:

In case I forget later:

Happy 6021st birthday Earth.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

mqdefault.jpg

devil.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brizink said:

Close enough that ones reflected light won't impede the other, so that they actually enhance each other's light and appear to be a brighter than normal stellar object. That's what the "Star" of Bethlehem is. Aka, not a star at all... This particular alignment happens regularly, but it only happens where it can be seen from Western Asia (middle East) and Palestine/Israel every 2000 years. Sorry I didn't clarify that part before. And yes. Venus Jupiter and Mercury will all reside in the same area of the sky overlapping portions of said constellations. This happens every 12 years, but it's being seen from Jerusalem, which doesn't happen  every 12 years. You might think, then why can't I see it? Because when it's night time in your neighborhood it's daytime there or vice versa and us westerners are getting the opposite view of the sky on our nights. Next year a similar alignment will be apparent to us westerners in around March or so. It's nothing special I'm sure. But the 2000 years thing is location specific for viewing. But it happens every 12 years. 

I don't understand why it would only be visible from a small part of the Earth. Venus is visible to everyone because it is near the Sun.  If Jupiter is near Venus then Jupiter too is visible. The only problem might be for those where the Sun is not visible.

Jupiter takes 12 years to orbit the Sun, but that does not mean that Jupiter comes close to Venus during that time. If you read about the 2016 event you see it is visible across the globe and it won't happen again till 2065, only 49 years again. If you think this sort of event was the star of Bethlehem then it was also a world wide event and it would be easy to use a program to see if that did happen back then.

https://www.space.com/33878-rare-venus-jupiter-conjunction-tonight.html

The following is incorrect "Because when it's night time in your neighborhood it's daytime there or vice versa and us westerners are getting the opposite view of the sky on our nights." The Earth turns from day to night and the entire Earth shares the same night time view during a 24 hour period. The only celestial body that gives a different view is the Moon because it moves  rapidly across the sky. Each 24 hour period it moves close to 12 degrees. That is because it has to go 360 degrees in roughly 30 days. The Moon is close to 1/2 a degree across so it travels 24 of its diameters across the sky in a day.

• Like 3

While I apologize for not having the time to read all the good posts, please forgive me if I'm repeating something already investigated. My point is: There are also many less pessimistic people who believe that something is/did happen on 9/23 that doesn't necessarily indicate doomsday and in many cases, they are right.

For example, rare alignments of stars/planets will/did take place and there are things that link 9/23/17 with 9/23/15, which is coincidentally the last time the 9/23 panic too place to this degree. One pastor laid out a pretty good lesson on a whiteboard that made a lot of sense, while making sure to say that he's not predicting anything. For those of you interested, here is that video:

Edited by jbondo
video isssue, since solved.

8 hours ago, brizink said:

Close enough that ones reflected light won't impede the other, so that they actually enhance each other's light and appear to be a brighter than normal stellar object. That's what the "Star" of Bethlehem is. Aka, not a star at all... This particular alignment happens regularly, but it only happens where it can be seen from Western Asia (middle East) and Palestine/Israel every 2000 years.

I wonder about this. Are you saying that these planets move apart from this alignment in 12 hours or less?

I doubt that very much.

Sorry I didn't clarify that part before. And yes. Venus Jupiter and Mercury will all reside in the same area of the sky overlapping portions of said constellations. This happens every 12 years, but it's being seen from Jerusalem, which doesn't happen  every 12 years.

Everyone sees the same night sky every night dude. Nothing special about Jerusalem (in this aspect, anyway.)

The only thing that makes a difference is whether you are in the Northern or Southern Hemisphere.

Some of what is seen in one is below the horizon (north or south, depending,) in the other.

You might think, then why can't I see it? Because when it's night time in your neighborhood it's daytime there or vice versa and us westerners are getting the opposite view of the sky on our nights. Next year a similar alignment will be apparent to us westerners in around March or so. It's nothing special I'm sure. But the 2000 years thing is location specific for viewing. But it happens every 12 years. 

Westerners get the same view of the sky at night as Israelis do, just 12 hours later/earlier.

Harte

• Like 2

Already hit the flat Earth, that's why it's flat. Duhhhhh!

Silly me. So does the flat earth spin around like a quarter that's been flipped?

1pqcm7.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jbondo said:

While I apologize for not having the time to read all the good posts, please forgive me if I'm repeating something already investigated. My point is: There are also many less pessimistic people who believe that something is/did happen on 9/23 that doesn't necessarily indicate doomsday and in many cases, they are right.

For example, rare alignments of stars/planets will/did take place and there are things that link 9/23/17 with 9/23/15, which is coincidentally the last time the 9/23 panic too place to this degree. One pastor laid out a pretty good lesson on a whiteboard that made a lot of sense, while making sure to say that he's not predicting anything. For those of you interested, here is that video:

I got 4:45 into the video and  had to quit. The person has a very poorly set up video in which he claimed a star from 0AD was the exact same star discussed in 2015. Which new star is this?

Bad, bad video.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stereologist said:

I got 4:45 into the video and  had to quit. The person has a very poorly set up video in which he claimed a star from 0AD was the exact same star discussed in 2015. Which new star is this?

Bad, bad video.

...discussing /any/ star in the year 0 AD would be a hell of a trick, as that year never happened. It went from 1 BCE to 1 CE with nothing in between.

...actually, no one alive in 1 CE was using that time scale anyway, so it's doubly troubling. People only started using it eight centuries or so later. The Venerable Bede was a big proponent of using that system.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 4

The video is apparently summarized on the following page.

http://ilovebeingchristian.com/september-23rd-2017-prophecy-what-will-happen/

Apparently, according to astronomers, on September 23, 2017, a few different happenings will occur simultaneously. These have never occurred together before in the history of the earth.

I'll bet that isn't correct. Not checking it out but the idea that the Sun, Moon, and Jupiter in Virgo together is not new.

I'll have to check Stellarium tonight, but looking at the Moon today tells me it was not a new moon on the 23rd. I checked and sure enough the new moon was the 21st. Since the Moon moves 12 degrees a day, it was around 24 degrees from the Sun on the 23rd. I don't think you can fit the Sun and Moon into Virgo if they are that far apart.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stereologist said:

The video is apparently summarized on the following page.

http://ilovebeingchristian.com/september-23rd-2017-prophecy-what-will-happen/

I'll bet that isn't correct. Not checking it out but the idea that the Sun, Moon, and Jupiter in Virgo together is not new.

I'll have to check Stellarium tonight, but looking at the Moon today tells me it was not a new moon on the 23rd. I checked and sure enough the new moon was the 21st. Since the Moon moves 12 degrees a day, it was around 24 degrees from the Sun on the 23rd. I don't think you can fit the Sun and Moon into Virgo if they are that far apart.

I don't think that's necessary. The Solar System has been here for quite some time :rolleyes:. I'm pretty sure there is no alignment that "never occurred together before in the history of the earth."

Harte

• Like 1

The Moon was by the feet of Virgo. The Sun by the head. Jupiter passe below the body of Virgo from July to now and moves along at a snail's pace as it moves around the Sun in 30 years.

The synopsis link claimed falsely that " Jupiter will be situated near her middle, almost appearing to look like it’s within her womb. " That's false.

The following: " On the date mentioned, Jupiter will exit the constellation and it will appear like the constellation gave birth. " Jupiter leaves the constellation depending o n where you draw the lines around the stars.

The fix for the failure line is " However, on September 23, 2017, three planets, Mercury, Mars, and Venus will also be lined up above Virgo’s head and will add to the number, bringing it to 12. " You need a fix and 3 planets are supposed to be the fix.

Mercury and Venus are always close to the Sun. Leo has 16 stars with the name Leo attached to them. The constellation of Virgo has been associated with fertility since the times of the Babylonians. The article says " Virgo is so named because the constellation looks like a virgin woman. " I guess that is true if the lonely astronomer has not been to Vergina in a long time.

Edited by stereologist
  • Like 3

22007586_641583022896601_564338762330869

Harte

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Harte said:

22007586_641583022896601_564338762330869

Harte

After studying the ancient text I have found out that it isn't really 40 virgins, its 40 Verginans. :rolleyes:

• Like 2