Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Young girl finds sword...

Black Monk

32 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

It wasn't Arthur who threw Excalibur into the lake. It was Bedivere.

Good point. I missed that.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Good point. I missed that.

Arthur killed Mordred in the Battle of Camlann and was also killed himself. As Arthur lay dying, his friend Bedivere threw Excalibur back into the lake (Dozmary Pool) where the Lady in the Lake's hand reached up and grabbed it.

• Like 5

So she is the next ruler of camolet 

• Like 8

She'll remember that holiday and have something to tell her children. Bless her.

• Like 7

On 03/09/2017 at 7:55 PM, rashore said:

Here's another link from another article site about this:

https://inews.co.uk/distractions/offbeat/schoolgirl-discovers-excalibur-sword-lake-arthur-legend/

I don't care if it's probably an old movie prop rather than the legendary sword.. That is pretty dang cool. I can't imagine how excited I would have been at seven years old to find a sword bigger than me just lying around in a pond that's supposed to have legendary swords tucked away into them.

Ya, ya, but to be on the :ph34r: safe side:

Hail the new Queen of Great Britain, 

or woe to you when the next ;) dragon surfaces.serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2F1b%2F6b%2F2a%2F1b6b2a74a14c94f5be5c476829535e64.jpg&sp=d5e00222dbc5c02f45df7bf35f267a0d

• Like 1

U go girl! Real or not to us, what a find for her! If nothing else she will explore history

• Like 1

The Sword Maiden of Doncaster.

• Like 3

England, you can finally remove the imposters from your throne and enter a new golden age.  LONG LIVE QUEEN MATILDA!

• Like 2

It would be interesting to know whether the location was used for filming a TV or Movie there, it may not be the genuine Excalibur, but it could be a movie prop that could be worth hundreds to the right collector. A lot of movie props like stunt swords and training swords can fetch up to a lot of money for the right well known movie.

Here's another link from another article site about this:

https://inews.co.uk/distractions/offbeat/schoolgirl-discovers-excalibur-sword-lake-arthur-legend/

I don't care if it's probably an old movie prop rather than the legendary sword.. That is pretty dang cool. I can't imagine how excited I would have been at seven years old to find a sword bigger than me just lying around in a pond that's supposed to have legendary swords tucked away into them.

How amazing for this kid. She will certainly remember that day for the rest of her life. :)

• Like 1

Shame it isn't Excalibur though.
The type of sword she is holding was first made hundreds of years after Arthur allegedly ruled (500AD). And Excalibur would have been more similar to a roman styled Gladius than a long sword.
Arthur also didn't rule anywhere near Cornwall, and we have clear descriptions of what his sword looked like.

The tradition of throwing swords into lakes and bodies of water to appease deity's means there are a lot of swords in lakes out there. Sadly, this is just that. An ordinary sword.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 5:38 PM, third_eye said:

More accurate the point, she's now the Lady of the Lake ...

~

And Queen of England! 

Matilda Pen Draig.