Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Young girl finds sword...

Black Monk

On 2017-9-8 at 10:06 AM, King Fluffs said:

Shame it isn't Excalibur though.
The type of sword she is holding was first made hundreds of years after Arthur allegedly ruled (500AD). And Excalibur would have been more similar to a roman styled Gladius than a long sword.
Arthur also didn't rule anywhere near Cornwall, and we have clear descriptions of what his sword looked like.

The tradition of throwing swords into lakes and bodies of water to appease deity's means there are a lot of swords in lakes out there. Sadly, this is just that. An ordinary sword.

Cornwall is where Arthur was supposed to have been born, at Tintagel.

Apart from being the location of the Lady in the Lake, Dozmary Pool is associated with other legends:

Another tale associated with Dozmary Pool is that of Jan Tregeagle. In search of deviant exploits, Tregeagle makes a Faustian bargain with the Devil and is given money and power. At the conclusion of his life, he is damned to the bottomless Dozmary Pool, where he is tormented to this day; it is said that Tregeagle's ghost can still be heard howling across the moor.[9] (He was set the task of dipping the water out of Dozmary Pool with a leaking limpet shell, but decided to escape to Roche Rock before being set another task, weaving ropes from the sand of Gwenor Cove.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dozmary_Pool

• Like 3

All I know is that if I found a sword anywhere I would think it's pretty cool. 

21 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

All I know is that if I found a sword anywhere I would think it's pretty cool. 

The Kirkburn Sword, 300-200BC, found near the small village of Kirkburn in East Yorkshire in 1987...

tumblr_mq6ii7KMFq1rrjmgoo2_1280.jpg

640px-Kirkburn_Sword.JPG

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 3

On 9/9/2017 at 1:37 AM, paperdyer said:

And Queen of England! 

High Britain actually ... and she'll need a nod from the Merlin though ...

~

On September 3, 2017 at 1:55 PM, rashore said:

Here's another link from another article site about this:

https://inews.co.uk/distractions/offbeat/schoolgirl-discovers-excalibur-sword-lake-arthur-legend/

I don't care if it's probably an old movie prop rather than the legendary sword.. That is pretty dang cool. I can't imagine how excited I would have been at seven years old to find a sword bigger than me just lying around in a pond that's supposed to have legendary swords tucked away into them.

Seven year old? I'm an old fart and it would thrill me to find something like that!

• 2 weeks later...

ok the question is; 

is it heavy ? does it look real ? - if yes then Not a movie prop

Can it be dated ? YES - what's the hold up .... ? 

This could be a historical discovery that is killed by suppositions. 

On 05/09/2017 at 4:09 PM, OverSword said:

England, you can finally remove the imposters from your throne and enter a new golden age.  LONG LIVE QUEEN MATILDA!

Not really a lucky name in English monarchy stability wise.

• Like 1