Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's the craziest thing you've ever done?

Steevy

Hey guys,

I don't know if you agree with me but a life without challenge and risk is not worth living.
What's the craziest thing you've ever done or the biggest risk you've ever taken?
A year ago, I gave $200 to a homeless person.

Here are crazy risk takers on wheels, OMG!

Amazing Motorcycle Stunts

• Like 6

Well, I once stopped a knife fight between 'the most decorated Indian paratrooper of WW2' and a Lithuanian lumberjack, or at least got between 'em until the barmaid arrived with a wet towel (you do not want to be hit with a wet towel by a p***ed-off woman!).

Boy, was I drunk!

• Like 5

• Stand up nose to nose to a guy that weights 550 lbs.
  • Ate meat that was over a week old.
  • Took this experimental psychedelic drug that's akin to LSD. 6mg was the intended amount but I didn't have a scale so I eyeballed it.
  • Some jerk pulled out in front of me so I hit the oncoming traffic lane to go around him, narrowly missing vehicles.
  • Had sex with a juvenile judges daughter when I was 13. (thank goodness my buddy gave her a false name for me)
  • Had sex with a couple of different married women in my 20's and another that was dating someone else. (hey they cheated not me)
  • Having sex without condoms..that's really crazy, or stupid, whichever fits.
  • Turned a section of highway into a drag strip back in high school. I believe it was 74 charger vs 85 camero if I recall. 
  • A number of times, going out to private properties with friends to play with the ouji board or just snoop around to scare ourselves.
  • Tried to quick dry my pants in front of a portable heater which just as quickly caught fire, filling my humble abode with smoke.
  • I fed some ducks in front of my house bread one day. They haunted me every day after that.
  • I got underneath a car before without any jack stands, only a small hydraulic jack holding it up.
  • Letting a guy known only as "Greasy Pete" tackle me in football. Sometimes you have to learn the hard way.
  • Climbing a 3 story ladder with 70lb bundle of shingles on my shoulder on a breezy morning.... Longest climb ever.
  • Buying a $200 diamond ring for the wife and trying to pass it off as a $2000 ring.... I think I still have the scar.
  • Not using a backup hard drive on my computer.
  • Handing the wife my credit card and expecting my bill to only amount to the $22 total that I agreed to. Fortunately the loan lady at the bank was very accommodating and I almost have it paid off.

Now if you're really feeling crazy, you can either try to break into my house or eat my wife's cooking but both are pretty certain to end in disaster.

• Like 7

During the last market crash (2007) I sunk everything I had into buying stocks I figured would recover. It worked out pretty well (but it was a pretty crazy gamble).

• Like 7

I haven't done anything crazy because I weigh to the pro/con of my actions. Foolish actions lead to horrible results and the rush isn't worth it or the potential trip to the hospital.

• Like 7

Walked (well technically limped) around right after a redislocation of my left knee.

I thought I had only hurt it again, since I felt it pop out and go back in again.

Saw the Dr a week later when I still couldn't bend it, could not only feel it moving in and out of place but could see it doing it.

X-rays and MRI later showed not only had it dislocated and gone back in on it's own, its subluxated aka it doesn't sit how it's meant to and moves more then it should when I walk.

I have Arthritis in it now and was told by an orthopaedic surgeon there's nothing they can do to fix it.

• Like 3

Right off the top of my head?  Mountain climbing/hiking with no training or gear over fatal heights at various national parks.  It was pretty cool being able to just dangle my legs over the Grand Canyon though.

Fortunately I'm not that dumb anymore.

• Like 6

I intentionally stepped on a Lego. 

I also used to try to make some sense out of posts in the politics forum. 

Edited by Not Your Huckleberry
  • Like 6

Walked across a 8 inch wide, and about 15 ft. long, crossmember of a fire tower which was about 80 ft.? in the air!

with nothing to grab within reach!  

I was about 15 and, apparently, didn't have sence enough to be terrified at the time but it scares me to think of it now.

• Like 6

Drug induced, I crawled my way up over 100 feet of vertical rock above a raging river.

I don;t believe in God, but a deal was struck.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Ruby04 said:

Walked (well technically limped) around right after a redislocation of my left knee.

I thought I had only hurt it again, since I felt it pop out and go back in again.

Saw the Dr a week later when I still couldn't bend it, could not only feel it moving in and out of place but could see it doing it.

X-rays and MRI later showed not only had it dislocated and gone back in on it's own, its subluxated aka it doesn't sit how it's meant to and moves more then it should when I walk.

I have Arthritis in it now and was told by an orthopaedic surgeon there's nothing they can do to fix it.

I am sorry for the pain and discomfort. Is a Good memory...maybe?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DebDandelion said:

I am sorry for the pain and discomfort. Is a Good memory...maybe?

Thankyou. The day it happened I was getting ready to see Fast 7, which I really didn't want to go see

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

Thankyou. The day it happened I was getting ready to see Fast 7, which I really didn't want to go see

Let us realise that sometimes we should listen to our gut and stay in bed

Edited by DebDandelion

8 minutes ago, DebDandelion said:

Let us realise that sometimes we should listen to our gut and stay in bed

I was already in a bad mood that day. 

The only other crazy thing I've done was chased off 3 or 4 Aussie Magpies (look them up they can be nasty) that were attacking one that entered their area (my back yard) and saved the one being attacked. 2 inch beak that can draw blood and do damage and claws, saved it held it until RSPCA got here took them over an hour due to distance from their centre to here. They took him to a bird vet after thanking me for saving him

• Like 1

I've done a lot of irresponsible stuff but I think that's more young n dumb kinda thing rather than crazy.

I've had a few sketchy moments I suppose and the first thing that pops in my mind is when our air compressor caught fire at work. It was a small electrical fire so it was out in seconds but still that was one of those things where either the fire gets put out or the side of the building (and yours truly) gets blown away. 

That reminds me I put out another electrical fire on my car battery (10 or so) years ago when I was mudding. Long story short truck stalled in the mud (I should've downshifted) and a friend went to jump the battery when his dumbass hooked the battery up wrong. I knew it instantly (huge spark) and yelled for the batt to be disconnected. My dumbass friend panicked and stood there with the deer in the headlights look. Within seconds the battery was on fire so I jumped out of the truck, ran to the battery and disconnected it. Fire went out instantly if I remember correctly. That was sketchy for sure.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

I once mixed hair remover with conditioners, body gels and shampoo.  It was an act of revenge born out of frustration! 

Way back in my painting and decorating days I ended up working inside a elegant looking country house in Coventry.  Its owner, a wealthy man who ran a small Hair Dressing empire was a right pain in the wotsits.  He scrutinized everything you did, demanding to know the process & application of wall paper, knotting, tiling, grouting etc.  Imagine the disbelief in having to explain the application of undercoat prior to glossing!  He thought the undercoat was a substitute for glossing & he was always in your shadow asking questions.  And he never made me a cuppa!!!!!

He was a mirror clocker too.  Always glancing at his hair...so one day when all that was left to do was grout those effin bathroom tiles - I nipped into Boots and got myself a bottle of the previous mentioned "weapon."  Once he had gone I set to work introducing the cream into his bathroom requirements.  All went well and he never seemed to notice any of my hidden handy work.  

Needless to say I did spend another 4 days sorting out small issues which he wasnt happy with.  His normal blow dry look was now looking more like a damp birds nest and he was always scratching his bonce and neck too.  Happy days!

Edited by Mr Mork
  • Like 2

Am I the only one who finds that ^ ^ quite shocking?

I can't tell you the craziest thing I've ever done because 1) you don't want to hear a 65 yr old woman say stuff like that, and 2) any last shreds of respect I have here at UM would fly out the window! :lol:

• Like 4

Best to start from childhood, then i have to mention crazy thing which also was backed by stupidity at the time :D well it was picking strawberries at one hilltop with my cousin, hilltop which was directly exposed to snipers and other threats. Only luck was what saved us as we got fired upon and managed to cover behind nerby, unfinished little brick wall which gave us cover to run back.

At least we managed to eat few pieces, i still remember the taste.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

1. I'm allowed my then 16 year old daughter to fly to Tokyo with a 19 year old guy friend, without a chaperone for a week at Comicon or Pax or some conference. In the end, it turned out just fine. She's been back several times since. 

2. When I was 18, I went out drinking in Paris France. I drank so much I blacked out and woke up the next morning in Lausanne Switzerland in a train station. I don't even recall being hungover. 

3. Drove an 80s hair metal band across the mid-west for several gigs. Would never do again. Haha.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

My ex-girlfriend :wacko:

Lol

• Like 1