Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hurricane Irma aims at Florida, Carribean

Colt Storm

The ecological impact is going to be immense. The boats and cars alone, leaching oil and gas into flood waters, much less all of the facilities not prepared to handle this sort of disaster.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Michelle said:

The ecological impact is going to be immense. The boats and cars alone, leaching oil and gas into flood waters, much less all of the facilities not prepared to handle this sort of disaster.

Agreed!

I also hate when major floods happen and people who lost just about everything start trying to recover and go car shopping for a decent used car...used car markets got flooded no pun intended with flood damaged cars after Katrina and many had no notices!

Anyone looking for a used car in the next 12 months be very alert to signs of flood damage!...

• Like 7

I just saw on TV that power crews from many other states (some even quite far away) are descending on Florida. Hold on Florida, help is on it's way.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Michelle said:

Good point, I'm going to look into this. 'They say' the opposite though because in a city like mine we actually need a hurricane every now and then to wash the rivers/marshes/whatever clean. There was a news report on this a few years back will try and find it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Michelle said:

Not to mention all those exotic pets that were turned loose to fend for themselves, survived the storm and are now about to invade the rest of North America.

Doug

• Like 3

18 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Just heard from a brother-in-law.  He was out driving and he says it is literally chaos out there.  People speeding, dodging debris, traffic lights out.  He said he ain’t going out again.

Driving without traffic lights gets annoying fast. Wait for the power to come back on.

• Like 1

I had a dream a few days before the hurricane touched my state of Florida. I don't know what it means,  if it means anything, but it was odd. In the dream I saw lot's of people standing in an  empty ocean there was no water where it should be in it,  and the people  who were gathered reminded me of like Woodstock people from the pictures I've seen of Woodstock  where they were in muddy ground.  I looked to the right of me and saw a plant holder container of mine one  that I actually have , it has lilies on it & it looks really old but in the dream it was on the ground in the empty ocean and it had a cross in it and I saw the color of the gems the cross consisted of the colors were clear and blue and in the center was a darker blue. 

I thought it was really odd that a few days later the oceans did that with the water.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2017 at 7:24 AM, Lilly said:

I just saw on TV that power crews from many other states (some even quite far away) are descending on Florida. Hold on Florida, help is on it's way.

My husband told me this this morning that I think 3,000 from Georgia are heading this way. I am so thankful that we have not lost our power throughout this entire ordeal and that no damage happened to our home or love ones.

I feel for those that are without power and or have no generator if in case power was out and for those who had to evacuate. I watched the news of people that stood on line from 8:30 in the morning to about 3:30 or longer in the afternoon  waiting to enter shelters. It is very hot and humid in Florida. It was sad watching them cry if whether or not they would have a home to return back to. Very sad.

Some of the video I've seen of looting is pretty discouraging.   Looters are like a plague that follows a disaster.  

I'd like to see Florida do what Houston did.   Increase the punishment for such crimes.  

• Like 2

I'm glad for those whom weathered Irma without loss and sad for those less fortunate.

4 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

I had a dream a few days before the hurricane touched my state of Florida. I don't know what it means,  if it means anything, but it was odd. In the dream I saw lot's of people standing in an  empty ocean there was no water where it should be in it,  and the people  who were gathered reminded me of like Woodstock people from the pictures I've seen of Woodstock  where they were in muddy ground.  I looked to the right of me and saw a plant holder container of mine one  that I actually have , it has lilies on it & it looks really old but in the dream it was on the ground in the empty ocean and it had a cross in it and I saw the color of the gems the cross consisted of the colors were clear and blue and in the center was a darker blue. 

I thought it was really odd that a few days later the oceans did that with the water.

The Lily, a symbol of purity, is associated with both the resurrection of Christ and the assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.  That you describe the "plant holder" with lilies on it as "really old" suggests you think miracles a thing of antiquity.  Moreover, your mention of muddied people, a symbol of holiness on the ground and "the empty ocean" is bleak in light of Jesus' being a fisherman of men.  

Do not give up hope for, no matter how grim things can appear, the Holy Spirit is never vanquished.

0:-) MGby'all.

• Like 2

Looks like the death toll in that nursing home rose to 8. Authorities say they contacted the nursing facilities in the area to make sure they were alright. Charges may be filed.https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/hurricane-irma/five-dead-florida-nursing-home-after-irma-cut-power-mayor-n800931

We saw this in Houston also. You would think nursing homes for the elderly would be checked out pretty quickly to make sure they are ok.

Edited by susieice