Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mobsters son killed

Myles

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/06/body-found-wrapped-tied-to-cinder-block-was-mobsters-son-police-say.html

A body found in waters off Brooklyn, N.Y., has been identified as that of the son of a mobster, police say.

Carmine Carini Jr., 35, was found Saturday in the water near his Mill Basin home, wrapped in a blue tarp with a cinder block strung to his legs by an electrical cord, the New York Post reported.

Carini died of blunt-force trauma to the head and suffered multiple stab wounds to the arms and legs.

Police say Carini’s father was a member of the infamous Colombo crime family. Carmine Carini Sr. spent almost a quarter-century in prison for the murder of a record-shop owner in 1983 but was later cleared after two mob informants revealed that his cousins were responsible for the killing, the New York Daily News reported.

He returned to prison a year later after a number of home robberies.

It is believed that Carmine Jr. had no ties to the mob, the New York City Police Department's chief of detectives, Robert Boyce, said at a news conference Tuesday.

• Like 5

"The sins of the fathers are visited upon the sons" :( 

• Like 4

I'd say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I'm sure if they looked they'd find Junior's dealings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nonentity said:

I'd say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I'm sure if they looked they'd find Junior's dealings.

I hope they do, other wise this was just a killing of an innocent guy, in a horrific way for nothing but sport or revenge.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

I hope they do, other wise this was just a killing of an innocent guy, in a horrific way for nothing but sport or revenge.  

Myles imo this was a mafia business killing. We may never know why specifically but the killers wanted to send a message.

• Like 3