Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

X10+ solar flare earth bound

preacherman76

There will be extra radiation entering our atmosphere.  We know the northern lights get crazy with the extra radiation frim solar flares.  Norway had to ground all flights due to their instruments being hit with too much interference at one point.  I could see this happening again if the flare really is that strong.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

This could end very baddly

If anything, I took this commentators rhetoric to sound like an alarmist more than anything else. He's just another gloom-monger who likes to exaggerate so as to drum-up hits on his youtube vid. 

5 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

In this link Steenburgh also added "These kind of events are just part of living with a star,"

Also they are not even sure if this particular flare was aimed at Earth.

IF aimed toward Earth, the CME from these latest flares could lead to even more spectacular auroras, but could also damage satellites, communications and power systems. That cloud of charged plasma would arrive within 1 to 3 or 4 days, Steenburgh said, although CMEs triggered by energetic flares generally come quickly

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

It is on both CBC news as we as Global here in Canada

Yeah, I don't think that anyone is disputing this recent flare event. What irritates me more are the ones who are not scientists or anything of the sort, who simply jump on the band wagon...post video's.... and make it sound like the world is coming to an end. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Yeah, I don't think that anyone is disputing this recent flare event. What irritates me more are the ones who are not scientists or anything of the sort, who simply jump on the band wagon...post video's.... and make it sound like the world is coming to an end. 

There are times after dealing with customers all day that the world coming to end would be a fitting end to the day with faith in humanity shot

• Like 4

2 hours ago, glorybebe said:

There are times after dealing with customers all day that the world coming to end would be a fitting end to the day with faith in humanity shot

I think we all have weeks like those where the annoying general public are concerned...including the nit-wits who post lame video's and / or create propaganda websites that claim the end of the world is looming...not to mention a lot of other crazy stuff.

• Like 1

The world itself may continue to go on, even after the damage and possibly obliterate ourselves if we don't wake up. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

The world itself may continue to go on, even after the damage and possibly obliterate ourselves if we don't wake up. 

Wise words Astra.

1 hour ago, glorybebe said:

The thing is, when the end of the world happens, I fully believe humans will be the cause.  

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

12 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Wise words Astra.

Wise words as well glorybebe.

I am inspired to share with yous one of my favourite proverbs from my maori forefathers.

"...Whatungarongaro te tangata toitū te whenua

As man disappears from sight, the land remains..."

Edited by taniwha
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Wise words as well glorybebe.

I am inspired to share with yous one of my favourite proverbs from my maori forefathers.

"...Whatungarongaro te tangata toitū te whenua

As man disappears from sight, the land remains..."

I like that 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Really? The NY Post is only one step above the National Enquirer on the credibility scale.

Maybe so, but Daniel Baker certainly has credibility. “If it had hit, we would still be picking up the pieces,” says Daniel Baker of the University of Colorado.

Him and many others have warned about the possibilities of a flare this big that is earth facing.

THat was due more to the typhoon that hit Macau and Hing Kong more than anything else ...

~

Damaged undersea cables causing Internet slowdown - Tech News ...

www.thestar.com.my › Tech › Tech News
3 days ago - PETALING JAYA: If you are experiencing slow Internet connection, it is ... strong typhoons around Hong Kong have ravaged four main cables ...
~
6 days ago - Damaged fiber optic cables caused slow internet in Southeast Asia. ... Vietnam, Philippines, Hong Kong and Japan to the United States.
~

Cable Faults – Submarine Telecoms Forum

subtelforum.com/articles/category/cable-faults/
1 day ago - SEA-ME-WE 3 Submarine Cable Suffers Break ... were cancelled due to countrywide internet disruptions caused by a submarine cable fault. ... in two places, while the Intra Asia cable has also cracked just off Hong Kong.
~
Aug 30, 2017 - Aussie internet pain after Asian subsea cables cut ... issue for Australians is a cable break around 54 kilometres off the coast of Hong Kong.
~

Three sea cables down, disrupt internet - Society - Vietnam News ...

vietnamnews.vn/society/392855/three-sea-cables-down-disrupt-internet.html
Aug 28, 2017 - Three out of four internet submarine cables linked to Việt Nam broke ... and Inter-Asia (IA) had developed problems in the Hong Kong sea area.
~

Australian internet speeds slow: undersea cables damaged

www.news.com.au/.../online/...cables.../5ca81511fe7c51f8ee1cb5cfbac85e51

6 days ago - Two typhoons have damaged a number of undersea cables between Hong Kong and Sydney, ITnews reports, which will cause problems here ...

~

6 days ago - AAG is believed to have been broken at two spots around 66 kilometers and 85 kilometers from the cable landing station in Hong Kong.

~

• Like 1

"These kind of events are just part of living with a star." Yeah, and it's not we can move or anything. Our lease isn't up for quite a while.

• Like 2

Don't worry people, we'll all be fine.

We aren't lucky enough to be handed a human "reset button".

Flares have been trouble since the 70s!

1 hour ago, Boozemonkey said:

Flares have been trouble since the 70s!

Perhaps such a flare killed the dinosaurs?

Anything is possible but i think most scientist agree these days that it is was a really big space rock that sorted the dinosaurs out. But there has been many extinction events so a really large solar flare may have had a affect and one stage. Thats my take on it :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, taniwha said:

Perhaps such a flare killed the dinosaurs?

That may be possible if they were robots.

• Like 3