Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's longest fingernails

seeder

Nail artist spends 23 years growing the world's longest FINGERNAILS - and with a total length of more than 18 FEET she says the most challenging part is putting on her trousers

The long nails belong to Ayanna Williams, a nail artist from Houston, Texas
    Her nails have earned her a place in the Guinness World Records 2018 Edition
    Ayanna uses anti-bacterial soap and a nail brush to clean them daily

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4859508/Nail-artist-grows-world-s-longest-FINGERNAILS.html#ixzz4rwhppygK

• Like 3

Seriously, those nails are simply repulsive. How on earth could this woman possibly function by using those hands and fingers throughout a normal day ? ...

• Like 5

Why in the hell would someone do that?

Her answer; 'To let my children know that anything they want to accomplish can be done. It takes courage, discipline and patience but it can be accomplished,'

Personally, I would have higher aspirations for my children.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Why in the hell would someone do that?

Her answer; 'To let my children know that anything they want to accomplish can be done. It takes courage, discipline and patience but it can be accomplished,'

Personally, I would have higher aspirations for my children.

It doesn't take discipline to do that. Its called being lazy. I'd have the world longest toe nails if I never cut them.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

It doesn't take discipline to do that. Its called being lazy. I'd have the world longest toe nails if I never cut them.:rolleyes:

They'll save you a mention, I'm sure.

Invest in clown shoes.

• Like 3

I just don't get how this is "inspiring". If she read a 1000 books in a year or something like that, sure. Growing long nails like that is just disgusting. Did someone feed her, wash her, dress her......wipe her butt for her?:wacko:

I mean those talons had to be in the way.

• Like 3

Sorry, but how would she wipe her butt? I apologise for cruedness but seriously!?

• Like 1

I'm thinking a secretary job. I wonder how many words a minute she can type? 

• Like 1

One thing for sure, you can't wipe your own ass. How do you eat? How do you sleep?

The only thing I can admire is the patience to do nothing what so ever only to watch them things grow.

• Like 1

As a woman who likes her nails short (and I never bite them) I just have to ask, why?  Personal hygiene must be nigh on impossible without help.  Yuk!  There was another American woman a few years back who had her nails a similar length but they got snapped off when she was in a car accident.  She never re-grew them apparently.  That must tell you something.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2017 at 11:04 PM, Boozemonkey said:

Sorry, but how would she wipe her butt? I apologise for cruedness but seriously!?

Hahahahahahahahaha, I was thinking the same thing.....

• Like 1

Doesn't this woman have anything better to take up than to grow her nails into deformed claws?

I think they look hideous and to be honest. I am rather tired of this idea that everyone is expected to applaud her for such an asinine undertaking. There is no inherent value and it is a sorry waste of one's life to spend it on something so stupid then have the audacity to broadcast this as if it was a real accomplishment and expect recognition.

Now if she tried to take up oil painting or car repair then that is at least something that gives back to the person.

On 9/8/2017 at 8:24 PM, Orbacuck said:

One thing for sure, you can't wipe your own ass. How do you eat? How do you sleep?

How does she even manage to perform certain monthly hygienic procedures? How does she do any job without putting excess stresses on her joints? (Does she even have any sort of job at all?)

• Like 1