Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia probes kick into high gear

Farmer77

meanwhile, the latest revelations from the increasingly hysterically potty Noo Yawk Times: To Sway Vote, Russia Used Army of Fake Americans”: “Flooding Twitter and Facebook, Impostors Helped Fuel Anger in Polarized U.S.” and analysed here https://consortiumnews.com/2017/09/11/has-the-nyt-gone-collectively-mad/

Absolutely anything to avoid facing the truth. 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2017 at 9:46 AM, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Actually I think Bee's right; as you yourself often insist (Farmer I mean), "Left" and "Right" mean nothing nowadays.

They don't ?

Oh gawd... please don't tell me that Farmer77 drives a car ? :o

• Like 1

Going off topic slightly, but have you heard of the All New Jeremy Corbyn Sat Nav? It only ever tells you to turn left. :unsure: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

They don't ?

Oh gawd... please don't tell me that Farmer77 drives a car ? :o

Nah, he's got a Tesla.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

meanwhile, the latest revelations from the increasingly hysterically potty Noo Yawk Times: To Sway Vote, Russia Used Army of Fake Americans”: “Flooding Twitter and Facebook, Impostors Helped Fuel Anger in Polarized U.S.” and analysed here https://consortiumnews.com/2017/09/11/has-the-nyt-gone-collectively-mad/

Absolutely anything to avoid facing the truth. 

The NTY article IS convincing on  first blush, but it suffers from the same old faults I've grumbled about before. (and the analysis picks up on this).

They make a statement that is speculative and/or uncorroborated. Well, that's OK if the statement is corroborated later on. However, instead, they subsequently re-introduce that uncorroborated statement as a "FACT to back up yet ANOTHER uncorroborated assertion. And so on. As Consortiumnews put it... they built a house on sand.

Notwithstanding, the NYT investigation... such parts of it that ARE accredited.... do suggest that there WHERE organised efforts on Twitter and Facebook to discredit the Democrats, and promote Donald Trump. There's just no proper evidence that there was a Russian connection.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Nah, he's got a Tesla.

Please tell me it has auto-steering, and that Farmer77 doesn't have to make left/right decisions ?

Just now, RoofGardener said:

do suggest that there WHERE organised efforts on Twitter and Facebook to discredit the Democrats, and promote Donald Trump.

Well, isn't that what any political party or campaign does now? Except it might not have been the Republican party, who hate Trump as much as the "Democrats", doing it, perhaps it was Trump's loyal band of supporters doing it all themselves. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

perhaps it was Trump's loyal band of supporters doing it all themselves. 

surely 63 million ish Trump supporting deplorables couldn't possibly have done their own campaigning on the internet -- :innocent: 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bee said:

surely 63 million ish Trump supporting deplorables couldn't possibly have done their own campaigning on the internet -- :innocent:

Of COURSE they could. :angry:

Obviously, they'd need help with the longer words, and punctuation. And turning the computer on. And creating a Facebook account etc. 

But apart from that... :P

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Please tell me it has auto-steering, and that Farmer77 doesn't have to make left/right decisions ?

It's the on/off button that worries me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bee said:

The biggest campaigner for Trump was Hillary. Freaking any other DNC candidate would have a great shot at winning but no - they dug in their heels and placed a ton of corporate donations on a Hillary Clinton win. She's further out of touch with this generation than our dear old grandmothers yet the DNC still pulled every string and forged every vote they could. Case in point: her new book. She's absolutely blind to how much she is disliked by everyone, including her husband.

Hence, a Trump victory as voted for by Obama supporters and middle America.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

The biggest campaigner for Trump was Hillary. Freaking any other DNC candidate would have a great shot at winning but no - they dug in their heels and placed a ton of corporate donations on a Hillary Clinton win. She's further out of touch with this generation than our dear old grandmothers yet the DNC still pulled every string and forged every vote they could. Case in point: her new book. She's absolutely blind to how much she is disliked by everyone, including her husband.

Hence, a Trump victory as voted for by Obama supporters and middle America.

Well.. yes. I'm not American, so perhaps I don't understand some of the undercurrents. But.. it DID seem like a... curious.. decision ? 

I can't believe that the Democratic National Committee are entirely composed of total idiots.. so.. why did they do it ?  

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

It's the on/off button that worries me.

Well, perhaps Farmer77 can confirm all of this ? 

• Like 1

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Well.. yes. I'm not American, so perhaps I don't understand some of the undercurrents. But.. it DID seem like a... curious.. decision ? 

I can't believe that the Democratic National Committee are entirely composed of total idiots.. so.. why did they do it ?  

Because Hillary, in true Clinton fashion, was selling her services to the highest bidder. The Clinton's are so thirsty for power they will throw all morality and personal beliefs aside to get it. They don't care if you're a Saudi Prince or a Goldman-Sachs CEO - they will make any promise and do any favor to win. Hence why Hillary had countless corporations and foreign governments donating to her tax shelter called the "Clinton Foundation". 

If Hillary wins, all her donors win because she will change policy to benefit them once she's in office. Many entities had sunk a ton of cash in to her campaign so once they were invested, they had to ride it out to the end.

What none of them banked on was Hillary ruining herself. She said the right things and shook the right hands but at the end of the day, America was hip to her corruption. In the public's mind, she was just too dirty and too corrupt...so corrupt they chose Donald J. Trump instead. Let that sink in...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Because Hillary, in true Clinton fashion, was selling her services to the highest bidder. The Clinton's are so thirsty for power they will throw all morality and personal beliefs aside to get it. They don't care if you're a Saudi Prince or a Goldman-Sachs CEO - they will make any promise and do any favor to win. Hence why Hillary had countless corporations and foreign governments donating to her tax shelter called the "Clinton Foundation". 

If Hillary wins, all her donors win because she will change policy to benefit them once she's in office. Many entities had sunk a ton of cash in to her campaign so once they were invested, they had to ride it out to the end.

What none of them banked on was Hillary ruining herself. She said the right things and shook the right hands but at the end of the day, America was hip to her corruption. In the public's mind, she was just too dirty and too corrupt...so corrupt they chose Donald J. Trump instead. Let that sink in...

And the DNC didn't realise this ? Are they SO divorced from the feelings of Americans ? 

Because.. if so.. then Donald Trump deserved to win, regardless of who the DNC chose as a presidential candidate. ? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

And the DNC didn't realise this ? Are they SO divorced from the feelings of Americans ? 

Watch the Liberal media in America (anything not FOX News, basically,) and you will see how disconnected they are. They live in a fantasy world.

huffington-post-huffingtonpost-nov-7-h-o

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Idiots is a strong word. Blind egotists would be more accurate. No one in either party took the rise of the Donald, serious, at least not until it was far too late. He snatched the Presidential nomination from the grasping hands of a gaggle of better qualified candidates. He then had the good fortune of running against the only Democratic candidate who could have possibly lost against him. Pewee Herman could have beaten Trump. Politicians are known to do bizarre, unnecessary and--in hindsight--completely stupid things, like hold an early election and lose, badly, blinded by their own hubris and egos.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Watch the Liberal media in America (anything not FOX News, basically,) and you will see how disconnected they are. They live in a fantasy world.

huffington-post-huffingtonpost-nov-7-h-o

Hillary lives in the same fantasy world. Just look at her current blame game/book tour. She would rather blame a whole gender and a whole race than admit her own faults, faults that led to her loss. We dodged a bullet!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, perhaps Farmer77 can confirm all of this ? 

Left? Right? They're all the same :D

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

They've been installing those for some time here in MN. In the beginning no-one knew what to do and they were very poorly marked with signs. Especially in the country. In the winter time on hwy7 you'd see tracks going right through them. Some where you could see where the vehicle landed, came to rest and was later towed.  

• Like 2

Just now, Kurzweil said:

They've been installing those for some time here in MN. In the beginning no-one knew what to do and they were very poorly marked with signs. Especially in the country. In the winter time on hwy7 you'd see tracks going right through them. Some where you could see where the vehicle landed, came to rest and was later towed.  

LOL we had the same thing happen in AK. It took about a year for folks to figure them out but once we did they really helped alleviate congestion. I'd love for my little town in AZ to do the same but I fear the snowbirds would be launching themselves all over the place  :lol:

• Like 2

Believe it or not, they where designed in the UK ! :)

Well, probably anyway. It appears that we are a major "exporter" of roundabout consultancy and design. (we've had roundabouts for AGES).

The frequent problem with roundabouts in the USA is that drivers are not accustomed to them, and forget to indicate their intentions. (there is a specific indicator sequence.)

It also helps if you go ROUND them :P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

If you're going to reenact The Dukes of Hazzard you need a Dodge Charger, I thought everyone knew that. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Because.. if so.. then Donald Trump deserved to win, regardless of who the DNC chose as a presidential candidate. ? 

just from memory of 2008 and the election build up --- I have the feeling that Hillary Clinton may have been persuaded to step
aside so that Obama could become President but the deal could have been that when he had finished that she would become
the Democrat candidate and go on to be the first female US president - Obama the first Black President (even though he is mixed
race really) and Clinton the first Female president - they probably thought they had it in the bag for 16 years.... until.....

*roll on the drums*

Trump came along and spoilt the party - 

cue political tantrums and shenanigans the like of which never seen before - 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bee said:

just from memory of 2008 and the election build up --- I have the feeling that Hillary Clinton may have been persuaded to step
aside so that Obama could become President but the deal could have been that when he had finished that she would become
the Democrat candidate and go on to be the first female US president - Obama the first Black President (even though he is mixed
race really) and Clinton the first Female president - they probably thought they had it in the bag for 16 years.... until.....

*roll on the drums*

Trump came along and spoilt the party - 

cue political tantrums and shenanigans the like of which never seen before - 

I think that's partly true. Obama gave one of the greatest speeches I have ever seen at the 2004 democratic national convention. I worked for my local GOP at the time and ill never forget listening to that speech and thinking theres NO WAY anyone is gonna stop that dude from becoming president in '08. 

I think that speech, combined with Kissingers backing (another Trump consultant BTW Bee, drain the swamp my ass) ensured Hillary had to take a backseat to the rising star. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked