Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia probes kick into high gear

Farmer77

10 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Bah ! Foiled :P

Apart from that, don't you find the whole story a bit... tenous ?

IDK I really think that it all depends on where you stand on Trump. 

If you think he is capable of colluding with a foreign nation to get what he wants then it helps to fill in the picture that things like the Trump Jr. meeting, the firing of Comey, the weird denial that Russia tried to influence at all, and his reluctance to enact sanctions had already begun painting. 

If you think Trump is a true American who is being persecuted by the left because they're sore losers then im sure this is just an example of powerful men doing business and NBD. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

Well, there is - I believe - a congressional investigation into all of this. I await its findings with great interest. :)

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Um just today @toast and I posted articles relating to the Russia probe. In fact theyre the two posts right above yours. This state of denial is not healthy. 

Let's talk a bit about denial amigo.

There is zero proof that even ONE vote was changed because of all this Russian nonsense.

Trump won, get over it and move on already.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

oh for cripe's sake Farmer, how about attacking Trump for some of the many reasons there's perfectly good reason to rather than trying to keep this tired old farce going? I mean, you do realise you're supporting Hillary Clinton here in her desperate efforts to blame Foul Foreigners rather than her own horribleness? is that what you want farmer? To back Hillary and her "the Russkies did it!!" campaign? 

LOL No I definitely dont want to back HIllary and ive been pretty consistent in saying that Russia is NOT why Trump won. 

That said though even if I didnt despise Trump this is A. of great national importance - regardless of the eventual outcome these are historic times and B. its great freaking theater so I would most likely be hooked and posting updates to the investigation anyways. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Let's talk a bit about denial amigo.

There is zero proof that even ONE vote was changed because of all this Russian nonsense.

haha I hadnt even seen this when I posted my response to Manfred 

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

LOL No I definitely dont want to back HIllary and ive been pretty consistent in saying that Russia is NOT why Trump won. 

That said though even if I didnt despise Trump this is A. of great national importance - regardless of the eventual outcome these are historic times and B. its great freaking theater so I would most likely be hooked and posting updates to the investigation anyways. 

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

haha I hadnt even seen this when I posted my response to Manfred 

It's boring Farmer. You're not filled up to the gills yet with all this crap?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

ZOMG.... "Trump... the Musical".

Noooooooooo

• Like 1

Just now, .ZZ. said:

It's boring Farmer. You're not filled up to the gills yet with all this crap?

Well on one hand yeah a little, on the other though no I am actually very intrigued and cant wait for this thing to play out. 

Hell I even have more hope in the 25th amendment ending the Trumpsters reign than impeachment but its still captivating. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

Nobody is denying "ties with Russia" here.

Now, prove collusion, I'll wait....

The question about collusions is in the hands of others already and I have only an opinion but thats not relevant to the reality (now).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, .ZZ. said:

Maybe he won (somehow) but the chaos be created in just 10 month is an indicator that the election`s result isnt acceptable anymore.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

I believe Jullian Assange is on record saying he has undeniable proof the leaked emails provided by wikileaks did not come via Russia

• Like 4

1 hour ago, toast said:

The question about collusions is in the hands of others already and I have only an opinion but thats not relevant to the reality (now).

We all have opinions. If and when collusion is proven by this dog and pony show called an investigation I will have an opinion on that as well.

Until that occurs I will try to tune out all of the chatter that is wearing very thin.

• Like 2

I believe Jullian Assange is on record saying he has undeniable proof the leaked emails provided by wikileaks did not come via Russia

I really don't know why so many people leave poor old Occam's Razor in the bathroom cabinet. Why is the quite plausible suggestion that emails damaging to the "Democratic" Party might have come from a "Democratic" Party insider, who'd be able to have access to them much more easily than some hypothetical Russian Hackers, simply dismissed without any further consideration? The people doing this, the "Liberal" media, the ones who are  constructing these tremendously complicated conspiracies, are usually the ones who laugh at anything they call "Conspiracy theories" (say about 9/11, for instance) out of hand.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, toast said:

Maybe he won (somehow) but the chaos be created in just 10 month is an indicator that the election`s result isnt acceptable anymore.

It wasn't acceptable from the moment the biggest surprise in American elections was announced. Recounts, investigations into voter fraud, attempts by Hollywood Dems to challenge the electoral college all failed. 

It's chaos alright, poor losers scrambling to justify how their Queen Hillary could lose to a narcissistic, womanizer with racist tendencies.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

ZOMG.... "Trump... the Musical".

Noooooooooo

I can see it now, during the “grab them by the *****” song, he races off stage and comes back chasing the cast of CATS ;)

• Like 3

The Musical could start with a special duet .... blast from the past --- Trump on vocals, Putin on drums  --- :innocent:

• Like 2

On 9/18/2017 at 1:47 AM, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Actually of course, to British viewers, Donald Trump is a fart joke himself. 

Image result for trump meaning fart

And what is American slang for "Bush"?

I would post what the American slang meaning for a "Clinton" is (think Monica), but this is a family site. :o

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

Just went back over Google News for the last week and I don't see anything significant going on with Mueller's investigation. Just more people being called in who likely are saying there's nothing to this.

A royal, big, expensive (Hundreds of lawyers? Paid hourly? By the government?) waste of resources. Considering that Mueller has, what... 15... super high profile lawyers now working for him, and an army of lower (but still private, and therefore expensive) workers. I'd expect the cost to be near 10 million dollars already, and if it goes on for years, perhaps as much as a hundred million dollars. 

Waiting for something, anything, that actually shows Trump (or his team) did anything (That any other politician wouldn't have done).

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Waiting for something, anything, that actually shows Trump (or his team) did anything (That any other politician wouldn't have done).

My personal animus towards Trump aside I think the last sentence in your post is an important one. I hope he DOES get busted for doing the same things any other politician would have done if they are illegal and or unethical. Not just because I cant stand Trump but because the precedent set would be HUGE for our nation. Perhaps we can end the 'criminal class' which our elected officials have become. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

My personal animus towards Trump aside I think the last sentence in your post is an important one. I hope he DOES get busted for doing the same things any other politician would have done if they are illegal and or unethical. Not just because I cant stand Trump but because the precedent set would be HUGE for our nation. Perhaps we can end the 'criminal class' which our elected officials have become. 

I agree. If Trump has to go DOWN, in order for the US Presidency to have the precedent of being held responsible for what they do... to the people of the USA, then I would be in favor of it. However, I imagine EVERY politician out there will understand that would be the final result, and EVERY one of them will act against it... publicly or behind the scenes. NONE of them want to be held responsible for things they might do, or say, or promote.....

When you have the "criminals" making the laws, then they are going to resist being made to create laws preventing their own crimes.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I agree. If Trump has to go DOWN, in order for the US Presidency to have the precedent of being held responsible for what they do... to the people of the USA, then I would be in favor of it. However, I imagine EVERY politician out there will understand that would be the final result, and EVERY one of them will act against it... publicly or behind the scenes. NONE of them want to be held responsible for things they might do, or say, or promote.....

When you have the "criminals" making the laws, then they are going to resist being made to create laws preventing their own crimes.

I think we might already be starting to see that with the republicans beginning to quietly embrace the 25th amendment option.  At first blush it appears they are beginning to lean that way in order to protect their ideological agenda however I think what you're saying here probably plays as much a part as anything. 

Hell if they truly are leaning that way at all, Ill concede Corker might just be a lone wolf and the sources claiming many many others feel the same could be "fake news". 

• Like 1

Omigosh it is true. The Russkies had absolutely swamped the Face Book with pro-Trump (and therefore of course pro-Putin) prpopaganda! 

According to Facebook, the suspected “Russian-linked” accounts purchased $100,000 in ads from 2015 to 2017 (compared to Facebook’s annual revenue of about $27 billion), with only 44 percent of those ads appearing before the 2016 election and many having little or nothing to do with politics, which is curious if the Kremlin’s goal was to help elect Donald Trump and defeat Hillary Clinton.

Even former Clinton political strategist Mark Penn has acknowledged the absurdity of thinking that such piddling amounts could have any impact on a $2.4 billion presidential campaign, plus all the billions of dollars worth of free-media attention to the conventions, debates, etc. Based on what’s known about the Facebook ads, Penn calculated that “the actual electioneering [in battleground states] amounts to about $6,500.”

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/10/18/blaming-russia-for-the-internet-sewer/

Nearly $6,500!! Why, that was more than enough to allow Russia's Vile Tyrant to insert a complaint puppet who'd bring America to its knees!!

• Like 2

And this is so machiavellian in its fiendish deviousness that it would need the World's #1 Fiend, Vladimir V. Putin, to be able to make head or tail of what it might possibly hope to accomplish:

Similarly, CNN went wild over its own “discovery” that one of the “Russian-linked” pages offered Amazon gift cards to people who found “Pokémon Go” sites near scenes where police shot unarmed black men — if you would name the Pokémon after the victims.

“It’s unclear what the people behind the contest hoped to accomplish, though it may have been to remind people living near places where these incidents had taken place of what had happened and to upset or anger them,” CNN mused, adding:

“CNN has not found any evidence that any Pokémon Go users attempted to enter the contest, or whether any of the Amazon Gift Cards that were promised were ever awarded — or, indeed, whether the people who designed the contest ever had any intention of awarding the prizes.”

On 10/14/2017 at 4:17 PM, .ZZ. said:

It wasn't acceptable from the moment the biggest surprise in American elections was announced. Recounts, investigations into voter fraud, attempts by Hollywood Dems to challenge the electoral college all failed. 

It's chaos alright, poor losers scrambling to justify how their Queen Hillary could lose to a narcissistic, womanizer with racist tendencies.

Evidently, their version of Occam's Razor needs new blades. It's not too deep. The Democrats had the worst candidate in contemporary history, the one that Trump could actually beat. She was an identity politician with a warehouse full of baggage, and she ignored the bread and butter issues that matter to "deplorables", and she ran an absolutely stupid campaign.

• Like 4

On 9/8/2017 at 10:37 PM, Farmer77 said:

The average person is watching that happen NOW. Socially we have a potus who stands for nothing beyond self promotion and division, economically we have a potus who has put lobbyists in just about every meaningful division of government while repealing protections for mainstreet. 

Well said.  I am stuck here in the middle because I know Hillary is a crook and The Donald is just another crook.    It is so predatory, split the herd,stampede them with fear, pick off as many as you can.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked