Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia probes kick into high gear

Farmer77

Trump is something alright. Despite my not particularly liking his personality (he's narcissistic and sexist IMO) Trump does embody the determination (and lack of social grace) of Wolverine mixed with the Energizer Bunny and some old school American Patriots. It remains to be seen if he can achieve anything more than great theatre, I sincerely hope he can though. This country needs to be shaken and sent back to its roots (The Constitution).

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I don't think Gowdy is deep state...he just knows that Manafort was dirty so he concedes credit to Mueller. Now, if Mueller goes off the rails and doesn't use that axe on certain others then I expect Gowdy will give it to him both barrels. Keep in mind, Manafort is only first, let's see who falls next.

I don't know Lilly. He just said the man had the highest credibility. Even after fast and furious, the IRS scandal, etc. Jason Chaffetz does a great job in this video telling us Mueller's back ground, and he isn't even close to credible. Jason's part starts at 2:07

Part of that indictment is factually incorrect. Yulia Tymoshenko was Prime Minister, not President, of Ukraine.

Para 22:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/30/us/politics/document-paul-manafort-rick-gates-indictment.html

Might seem trivial but this is federal court.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Well what do you know...The New York Times has made another prediction about who is likely to be the next one axed by Mueller and company.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/us/politics/tony-podesta-resignation-lobbying.html

Wasn't really much of a prediction. After the news last week and the fact that he resigned on the same day as the arrests, the writing for that one was on the wall. 

I now find it difficult to stomach the right claiming that this is an attack on Trump. Podesta was one of the Dems top lobbyists. Targeting him is actually draining the swamp.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Well what do you know...The New York Times has made another prediction about who is likely to be the next one axed by Mueller and company.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/us/politics/tony-podesta-resignation-lobbying.html

But....this whole "investigation" is a total fabrication invented to create vitriol towards the righteous president.

52 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Wasn't really much of a prediction. After the news last week and the fact that he resigned on the same day as the arrests, the writing for that one was on the wall. 

I now find it difficult to stomach the right claiming that this is an attack on Trump. Podesta was one of the Dems top lobbyists. Targeting him is actually draining the swamp.

I'm confused, are you saying that the special prosecutor appointed to investigate the fictional Trump Russia collusion was not an attack on Trump?  The fact that the only people getting arrested are democrats is hilarious and well deserved but the democrats were the folks screaming for a SP in the first place.

Hillary costume.jpg

• Like 3

Sam Clovis, one of the Trump administration’s more controversial nominees for a political appointment, was already raising eyebrows ahead of his November 9 confirmation hearing before the Senate Agriculture Committee. To start, Clovis — who has been nominated to the position of undersecretary of research, education, and economics at the United States Department of Agriculture, the agency’s top science position — has no background in the the hard sciences, nor any experience with agricultural or nutritional science. Clovis is also a staunch climate science denier who accused President Barack Obama of “race baiting” and has called progressives “the real racists.”

But on Monday, Clovis’ nomination took on new meaning when it was revealed that, while working as national co-chairman of the Trump campaign, he had encouraged George Papadopoulos, a campaign foreign policy adviser, to meet with Russian nationals in a potential effort to bolster the campaign. On Monday, unsealed court documents revealed that Papadopoulos had plead guilty to lying to federal agents about his communication with Russia.

“I would encourage you” to “make the trip, if it is feasible,” Clovis wrote in an August email to Papadopoulos, in response to plans suggested by Papadopoulos to go to Russia and meet with Russian officials off the record. Clovis also praised Papadopoulos’ outreach efforts, telling him “great work” in regards to a March 2016 meeting during which Papadopoulos and a London professor, as well as a Russian woman incorrectly described as “Putin’s niece,” discussed plans for a potential meeting between the campaign and “Russian leadership.”

https://thinkprogress.org/clovis-usda-russia-connection-3e9bd33bacfd/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

How is this a crime?  

With age comes patience.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

With age comes patience.

LMAO.  Age apparently doesn't bring wisdom though it does appear the generate hubris and sanctimony in leftists.  :tu:  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

How is this a crime?  

It's not illegal for Presidential campaigns to talk with even met with representatives of foreign nations. What's illegal is to receive financial support from them or pay for political favors from them.

I'm both quite old and quite patient...time will tell if there were any actual crimes committed (other than Manafort's antics from before the campaign).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

It's not illegal for Presidential campaigns to talk with even met with representatives of foreign nations. What's illegal is to receive financial support from them or pay for political favors from them.

I'm both quite old and quite patient...time will tell if there were any actual crimes committed.

Exactly 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I'm both quite old and quite patient...time will tell if there were any actual crimes committed.

Traditional methods of investigation: gather evidence, interview witnesses or people suspected of involvement, draw conclusions where possible based on logic. 

Leftist methods of investigation: DonaldTrumpDonaldTrumpDonaldTrumpDonaldTrumpDonaldTrumpDonaldTrumpDonaldTrump DonaldTrump TIS A WITCH, BURN IT DonaldTrumpDonaldTrumpDonaldTrumpDonaldTrumpDonaldTrump

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 2

It's fascinating to open the door to the "other side" in the thick of highly charged political times. While we are here discussing articles, this is what millions of casual observers will walk away with:

• Like 1

Well, soon the 'other shoe' is going to drop when that ungagged FBI informant spills what he knows. Things stand to really heat up then.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

Traditional methods of investigation: gather evidence, interview witnesses or people suspected of involvement, draw conclusions where possible based on logic. 

Leftist methods of investigation: DonaldTrumpDonaldTrumpDonaldTrumpDonaldTrumpDonaldTrumpDonaldTrumpDonaldTrump DonaldTrump TIS A WITCH, BURN IT DonaldTrumpDonaldTrumpDonaldTrumpDonaldTrumpDonaldTrump

DripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDripDrip

• Like 1

Colbert hates Trump to the point of psychosis IMO. Anyone who takes what he says seriously needs to seriously re-think their position.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Lilly said:

Trump does embody the determination (and lack of social grace) of Wolverine mixed with the Energizer Bunny and some old school American Patriots.

I approve this message.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Colbert hates Trump to the point of psychosis IMO. Anyone who takes what he says seriously needs to seriously re-think their position.

The funny Late Night TV commentary that made these shows so popular is a thing of the past. Now, audiences can tune in every night to get an ear-full of political raving and ranting. Ratings are based on the best Trump jokes, not quality skits or clever quips. Trevor Noah, Colbert, Kimmel...the whole lot went from doing comedy to commentary.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

The funny Late Night TV commentary that made these shows so popular is a thing of the past. Now, audiences can tune in every night to get an ear-full of political raving and ranting. Ratings are based on the best Trump jokes, not quality skits or clever quips. Trevor Noah, Colbert, Kimmel...the whole lot went from doing comedy to commentary.

Sadly that is true. Politics have invaded every single part of our culture thanks to the liberal left.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

Image result for eating popcorn

OK so now its getting good. Everyone knew the Manafort stuff was coming but damn the Popadopolous dude being indicted secretly ,then being identified as having provided "proactive cooperation" , has me enthralled. Hopefully the public gets a crack at whatever he gathered over the last couple months. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Ironically I couldnt stand any of them pre-Trump. Now I find that aggressive comedy/commentary to be somewhat soothing in bat****e crazy times. 

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

"proactive cooperation" , has me enthralled. Hopefully the public gets a crack at whatever he gathered over the last couple months. 

Oh me too. Maybe he has Trump on tape admitting that he jaywalked on his way to breakfast that morning.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked