Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia probes kick into high gear

Farmer77

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

I saw some recent Schiff interviews and he appeared to be scrambling after the news on Friday.

There's no allegation that any American was knowingly involved in the conspiracy, Rosenstein said. Nor was there an allegation that the efforts of the defendants affected the outcome of the election.

That's an interesting way to report it. From Rosenstein's statement:

There is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity. There is no allegation in the indictment that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election. 

Compare and contrast with the DOJ's Press Release:

There is no allegation in the indictment that any American was a knowing participant in the alleged unlawful activity. There is no allegation in the indictment that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election. 

Your version seems to be missing the context of "in this indictment". I suspect there's a reason for that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

There's no allegation that any American was involved in the conspiracy?  Trump needs to stop complaining then.  He's acting like some one who was alleged to have conspired with the Russians. 

I think he is just TIRED of the accusations. Kinda like listening to your wife accuse you of cheating on her for over a year, and you have been faithful the entire time.  Then finding out she is the one screwing around.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Why not said:

I think he is just TIRED of the accusations. Kinda like listening to your wife accuse you of cheating on her for over a year, and you have been faithful the entire time.  Then finding out she is the one screwing around.

ZZ just said there were no allegations (accusations).  My tongue in cheek response was to the silliness of that concept.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

There is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity. There is no allegation in the indictment that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election. 

Compare and contrast with the DOJ's Press Release:

There is no allegation in the indictment that any American was a knowing participant in the alleged unlawful activity. There is no allegation in the indictment that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election. 

Your version seems to be missing the context of "in this indictment". I suspect there's a reason for that.

Ah yes, now why does that hearken back to the classic: "It depends on what the meaning of the word is, is."

Are we alluding to possible WH/DOJ intervention on Friday just before Rosenstein poured water on the flames of "Russian collusion with the Trump campaign"?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

ZZ just said there were no allegations (accusations).  My tongue in cheek response was to the silliness of that concept.

You mean what DOJ said.

• Like 2

Just now, .ZZ. said:

Ah yes, now why does that hearken back to the classic: "It depends on what the meaning of the word is, is."

Are we alluding to possible WH/DOJ intervention on Friday just before Rosenstein poured water on the flames of "Russian collusion with the Trump campaign"?

I've been mostly off the internet for a week & I'm still playing catch-up. Link?

14 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

I've been mostly off the internet for a week & I'm still playing catch-up. Link?

Have you seen the Rosenstein statement yet?

Of course Clapper et al have said that the next shoe is yet to drop. Predictably

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Have you seen the Rosenstein statement yet?

I linked to it above. Do you not hear him saying the words "in this indictment"?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

I linked to it above. Do you not hear him saying the words "in this indictment"?

I've been wondering all weekend how some folks would spin that.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Hope springs eternal...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I've been wondering all weekend how some folks would spin that.

From my perspective -- removing the context of his words is where the spin happened.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiggs said:

From my perspective -- removing the context of his words is where the spin happened.

So let me get this straight, you are saying that what Rosenstein clearly stated is in fact not what he meant,that everyone but you is hearing the wrong thing?   We should buy this why because you have not been right about any of this stuff so far?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Rosenstein clearly stated is in fact not what he meant

What he stated is what he meant - "in this indictment"

Whether the restriction of of these 3 words can be lifted remains to be see.

If he could give blanket assurance that there was no collusion he would have - no doubt. But I suspect he can't because he knows as much as we do about what Mueller has or hasn't found. In other words he doesn't know yet, until Mueller clarifies.

Edited by RAyMO

2 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

You mean what DOJ said.

Hhmm.  In this particular plane of reality I seem to be dwelling on, you can't watch TV or go to a forum without someone discussing the allegations of Trump collusion.  So to say the allegations don't exist is very bizarre.  Are you starting a conspiracy theory that the DoJ thinks Trump isn't an American or something?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Hhmm.  In this particular plane of reality I seem to be dwelling on, you can't watch TV or go to a forum without someone discussing the allegations of Trump collusion.  So to say the allegations don't exist is very bizarre.  Are you starting a conspiracy theory that the DoJ thinks Trump isn't an American or something?

Huh? When did I say the allegations don't exist?

We need some levity here.

Edit: Ah, the post where you credited me with the DOJ quote.

Edited by .ZZ.

54 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

So let me get this straight, you are saying that what Rosenstein clearly stated is in fact not what he meant,that everyone but you is hearing the wrong thing?   We should buy this why because you have not been right about any of this stuff so far?

3 hours ago, Tiggs said:

Bolding mine.

The video of him saying those words & the transcript of his speech including those words -- is in the link I provided.

• Like 1

Ok, but I'm still waiting to see the definitive and verifiable evidence that Trump criminally colluded with the Kremlin in order to steal the 2016 Presidential election. I'm waiting....

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

So you don't see it as at all a witchhunt that doesn't look at all at anything the Democratic party or the Clinton campaign might have been involved in, then, and you see it as totally unbiased and disinterested and concerned only with upholding the sacred American Democracy? 

Please don't assume what I'm thinking :)..

All I really see is a lot of mud-slinging and accusations that's coming from both sides atm (nothing new there)...:rolleyes:

Besides that, Hillary Clinton shouldn't be getting too darn comfortable, because from what I've gathered, the FBI has reopened an investigation into her alleged foundation’s pay-to-play politics when she was secretary of state. Believe you me, I certainly realise that the Clinton's aren't as pure as the driven snow, and I hope eventually that they'll have their day in court and be made accountable.

Basically, where there is smoke, there is usually fire. Hence, what investigations are all about, by getting to the bottom of things and weeding out any type of alleged corruption. 

I take it Vlad, that you would prefer not having any type of investigation done into this Russian business, even tho there's already been a few that Mr Mueller has tapped as being somehow linked with wrongdoing ? :blink: 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Ok, but I'm still waiting to see the definitive and verifiable evidence that Trump criminally colluded with the Kremlin in order to steal the 2016 Presidential election. I'm waiting....

It's all here in this thread. What ever you do don't take things "out of context". :lol:

The whole thing is crazy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

What he stated is what he meant - "in this indictment"

Whether the restriction of of these 3 words can be lifted remains to be see.

I haven't "lifted" it have I?

1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

If he could give blanket assurance that there was no collusion he would have - no doubt.

Actually I'm fairly sure that he wouldn't, why would he?  He hired some truly vicious attorneys, like Andrew Weissman whose actions in one case were described by teh Judge as reprehensible when he withheld evidence, in another case the charges were dismissed due to Weissman once again withholding evidence.  He jailed several Enron people who were innocent and saw the verdict overturned by a 9-0 vote of the SCOTUS.  http://www.worldtribune.com/muellers-top-prosecutor-promoted-despite-multiple-overturned-convictions-in-enron-case/

Defense attorneys in the Enron case say Weissmann “intimidated witnesses by threatening indictments, created crimes that did not exist and, in one case, withheld evidence that could have aided the accused,” Rowan Scarborough wrote in an Oct. 22 report for The Washington Times.

But I suspect he can't because he knows as much as we do about what Mueller has or hasn't found. In other words he doesn't know yet, until Mueller clarifies.

Why would Rosenstein be in the dark as much as we are, Mueller works fro him does't he?  He may not know all but I'd guess he knows a helluva lot more than us.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Me, too. Still not seen a smoking gun. Just lots of smoke.

39 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Me, too. Still not seen a smoking gun. Just lots of smoke.

I see lots of smoke....and mirrors in this witch hunt. I guess that this thread will last until Trump ends his term at the ordinary time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Yeah, I kinda figured that. I was just making a point that anyone constantly being accused of something that they had nothing to do will gets tired, cranky and just plain pi$$ed off at. I'm kinda suprised that he isn't really going off more about this. But I guess if he did it would only give the MSM ammunition for the second big 25th Amendment push bound to happen soon. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I see lots of smoke....and mirrors in this witch hunt. I guess that this thread will last until Trump ends his term at the ordinary time.

I'm still waiting for Farmers promise of the probes to "kick into high gear". Any day now.

• Like 4

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked