Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia probes kick into high gear

Farmer77

16 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

CNN is reporting that McMaster may finally be on his way out.  This would be a good thing, in my view, since McMaster is essentially an Obama-era holdover with chronic neo-con tendencies and severe regime-change-itis.

There is also a murmur that McMaster's departure may clear the way for Michael Flynn to return as Nat Sec Advisor once exculpatory evidence is presented to the court as demanded by the judge. 

Flynn will never return  to federal service, I guarantee it. This democrat witch hunt destroyed him financially (Weissman and Mueller use this tactic regularly) and he is not an idiot so will hopefully make big bucks exposing this extortion.  Tiggs thought the story he had to tell was about Trump, it isn't, it is about this coercion his heroes are using to justify their existence. 

16 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Yeah...I've also noticed Tiggs tends to use British, rather than American, spellings with certain words.  For some strange reason.

Two words come to mind but I best not use them or even hint.

4 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Flynn will never return  to federal service, I guarantee it. This democrat witch hunt destroyed him financially (Weissman and Mueller use this tactic regularly) and he is not an idiot so will hopefully make big bucks exposing this extortion.

Yes, he may not return.  And he did sell his house, reportedly to help pay his legal bills, but something tells me that when this is all over, he won't be looking to downsize.

8 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Yes, he may not return.  And he did sell his house, reportedly to help pay his legal bills, but something tells me that when this is all over, he won't be looking to downsize.

I hope not, time to get even.:tu:

8 hours ago, Lilly said:

You missed the part where the DNC were the ones who paid for all this.

The Clinton Campaign must have used the dossier as opposition research...why else would they have commissioned it and paid for it? 

Here you go:https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/clinton-campaign-dnc-paid-for-research-that-led-to-russia-dossier/2017/10/24/226fabf0-b8e4-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html?utm_term=.c0b13ad4cb55 

Fortunately, Coie... Fusion GPS... And the DNC... Are all willing to fall on their swords to protect Grandma Clinton in this. They HAVE to. She is still their Kingpin... Protecting them and financing them, even now a year later. For them to do any less would be a threat to the entire Democrat way of Campaigning.

8 hours ago, Tiggs said:

They paid blanket legal fees to Perkins Coie.

They didn't commission it. Perkins Coie did:

So are you saying that NEVER did a DNC representative go to Perkins Coie and have a meeting to see what they had. And no one from Perkins Coie ever met with Fusion GPS to see what they had, and no one from Fusion GPS ever met with Steele to get an update from him. And the DNC, who was paying for all this, out of campaign money they received from the Clinton Campaign, never met with the Clinton Campaign to update them.

Just Clinton handing money to DNC, and DNC handing money to Perkins and Perkins handing money to Fusion... All for research... AND none of them ever had meetings on the progress of that research? Clinton (who really hates to be in control of anything... NOT!) didn't care that millions of her money was being spent by the DNC for research to help her win, and didn't care what that research turned up? No one cared at all?

OR, are you simply saying that there is no clear evidence of such in the Public Domain at this time? Because that I can believe, the former I can not.

16 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Fortunately, Coie... Fusion GPS... And the DNC... Are all willing to fall on their swords to protect Grandma Clinton in this. They HAVE to. She is still their Kingpin... Protecting them and financing them, even now a year later. For them to do any less would be a threat to the entire Democrat way of Campaigning.

So are you saying that NEVER did a DNC representative go to Perkins Coie and have a meeting to see what they had. And no one from Perkins Coie ever met with Fusion GPS to see what they had, and no one from Fusion GPS ever met with Steele to get an update from him. And the DNC, who was paying for all this, out of campaign money they received from the Clinton Campaign, never met with the Clinton Campaign to update them.

Just Clinton handing money to DNC, and DNC handing money to Perkins and Perkins handing money to Fusion... All for research... AND none of them ever had meetings on the progress of that research? Clinton (who really hates to be in control of anything... NOT!) didn't care that millions of her money was being spent by the DNC for research to help her win, and didn't care what that research turned up? No one cared at all?

OR, are you simply saying that there is no clear evidence of such in the Public Domain at this time? Because that I can believe, the former I can not.

Wasn't it Donna Brazil who was saying after she took over the DNC from Debbie what's her name that she learned the extent of the financial problems the DNC was in from the Obama days and Clinton was bank rolling the DNC. Didn't Brazil also say money was extremely tight and Hillary had say of ALL money spent (to who and for what). I seem to remember this coming from Donna after she became fed up with Hillary driving the Clinton campaign bus over her for Hillary's loss. If that's the case, Hillary had to have known about money paid out for the dossier.

As others have said here, there's basically no way Hillary didn't know her money was paying for the dossier. It was her money bank rolling the whole thing and there's no way she wasn't controlling where it went and for what.

I would love to jump over to an alternate reality where Trump had done everything the DNC and the Dem's have, and see the reaction from the left. I know the answers but, it would still be interesting to watch.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hacktorp said:

Yeah...I've also noticed Tiggs tends to use British, rather than American, spellings with certain words.  For some strange reason.

Probably has a lot to do with me being a Brit that married an American gal almost 7 years ago, and moved from England to California.

Hardly a big secret. I publicly blogged about it here, on UM, at the time.

As 7 years is a lifetime in tech, all of my computer equipment is now American. I have American fricking keyboards, everywhere. Couldn't produce the currency symbol for British Pounds on my keyboard right now in less than 3 minutes if my life depended on it.

Along with the American keyboards came American localized operating systems. I fought it for a while to begin with, and then at some point, just gave up and let the spellchecker throw red squiggles at me every time I dared to spell colour with a u.

So -- over time, the American tech has slowly been training me to write using your high-falutin American spellingz, y'all.

For some reason though, my spellcheck here, in Chrome, is pretty broken. For example -- it lets me type both color and colour, without any red squiggly underlines at all.

So, in here -- this is pretty much the raw, un-spellchecked me. As such, you'll find me sloshing between the Queen's English and American English pretty much at will -- especially when I'm tired.

Total nightmare, when you're trying to write a novel, I can tell you.

Anyway -- it's a fair cop, guv. I plead guilty to mutilating both variants of English on a fairly regular basis, and with wild abandon.

Whilst sentencing me for this abominable crime against God and Nature itself, you should take definitely take into account that I give precisely zero h*cks about doing so.

It is what it is, and I am what I am.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Why not said:

Wasn't it Donna Brazil who was saying after she took over the DNC from Debbie what's her name that she learned the extent of the financial problems the DNC was in from the Obama days and Clinton was bank rolling the DNC. Didn't Brazil also say money was extremely tight and Hillary had say of ALL money spent (to who and for what). I seem to remember this coming from Donna after she became fed up with Hillary driving the Clinton campaign bus over her for Hillary's loss. If that's the case, Hillary had to have known about money paid out for the dossier.

As others have said here, there's basically no way Hillary didn't know her money was paying for the dossier. It was her money bank rolling the whole thing and there's no way she wasn't controlling where it went and for what.

I would love to jump over to an alternate reality where Trump had done everything the DNC and the Dem's have, and see the reaction from the left. I know the answers but, it would still be interesting to watch.

I agree. I believe Clinton knew, or at least her direct staff knew, or they had been briefed at least, in what the DNC, Perkins Coie, and Fusion GPS, were spending money on and what they had found. To assume otherwise would be to logically conclude that they were just spending money to spend money and did not care about results.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I agree. I believe Clinton knew, or at least her direct staff knew, or they had been briefed at least, in what the DNC, Perkins Coie, and Fusion GPS, were spending money on and what they had found. To assume otherwise would be to logically conclude that they were just spending money to spend money and did not care about results.

Ok I'm following along and I'm a little confused. Can you clarify why we care? 

Manafort has a big decision to make. Accidentally fall down an elevator shaft onto a dozen bullets or spend the rest of his life in prison. If he's a smart man he'll probably go with witness relocation.

Hank

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

yes and the evidence was probably in the emails..... that were deleted / disappeared -

except they didn't disappear really as the NSA will have copies like they have access to copies of all emails sent
and would definitely have copies of all communications sent by prominent political figures (IMO) -

Don't internet service providers also have a copy of emails as well ..... which could explain why Hillary Clinton had a private server...

1 hour ago, Tiggs said:

Probably has a lot to do with me being a Brit that married an American gal almost 7 years ago, and moved from England to California.

a likely story.... B)

:)

4 hours ago, hacktorp said:

nice bit of observation there - 

I know Tiggs has covered his butt* with some c*** and bull story - but the other possibility is.........

as we are all Bots now perhaps he is an AI Bot hybrid --- US / UK  born  made ..... :unsure2:

*whoops I mean backside ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiggs said:

Hardly a big secret. I publicly blogged about it here, on UM, at the time.

As 7 years is a lifetime in tech, all of my computer equipment is now American. I have American fricking keyboards, everywhere. Couldn't produce the currency symbol for British Pounds on my keyboard right now in less than 3 minutes if my life depended on it.

Along with the American keyboards came American localized operating systems. I fought it for a while to begin with, and then at some point, just gave up and let the spellchecker throw red squiggles at me every time I dared to spell colour with a u.

So -- over time, the American tech has slowly been training me to write using your high-falutin American spellingz, y'all.

For some reason though, my spellcheck here, in Chrome, is pretty broken. For example -- it lets me type both color and colour, without any red squiggly underlines at all.

So, in here -- this is pretty much the raw, un-spellchecked me. As such, you'll find me sloshing between the Queen's English and American English pretty much at will -- especially when I'm tired.

Total nightmare, when you're trying to write a novel, I can tell you.

Anyway -- it's a fair cop, guv. I plead guilty to mutilating both variants of English on a fairly regular basis, and with wild abandon.

Whilst sentencing me for this abominable crime against God and Nature itself, you should take definitely take into account that I give precisely zero h*cks about doing so.

It is what it is, and I am what I am.

Well ok.  But I've met a few actual Californians that try to WRITE like Brits just to make you think they're extra clever.

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Ok I'm following along and I'm a little confused. Can you clarify why we care? 

We have people saying that Clinton... The DNC... Perkins Coie... And Fusion GPS... Had no idea what Steele was doing. And that Clinton had no idea that her money was being spent on such. 

Trump wasn't in the room with Trump Jr, or Kushner, when they visited that Russian lawyer, so... why do we care? Does that comparison help?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

We have people saying that Clinton... The DNC... Perkins Coie... And Fusion GPS... Had no idea what Steele was doing. And that Clinton had no idea that her money was being spent on such. 

Trump wasn't in the room with Trump Jr, or Kushner, when they visited that Russian lawyer, so... why do we care? Does that comparison help?

Kinda, Is the argument now that somehow Clinton shouldn't have known, like in a legal sense? I mean what Jr did was questionable legally , that's why people are talking about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bee said:

yes and the evidence was probably in the emails..... that were deleted / disappeared -

except they didn't disappear really as the NSA will have copies like they have access to copies of all emails sent
and would definitely have copies of all communications sent by prominent political figures (IMO) -

Don't internet service providers also have a copy of emails as well ..... which could explain why Hillary Clinton had a private server...

ISPs do keep copies of emails for some time that I'm not sure of... At least that is what I have heard. 

As to the NSA. They don't just copy and paste the whole internet. They basically collect stuff that passes through filters on known data sources. So those ISPs... Their customers are filtered/collected. If you have a private server you aren't necessarily going to pass through a email server, so you can set it up so you are not screened. I don't believe this is what Clinton did, because I don't believe she is that wily. Sooooo.... Yeah, I think NSA does have many of her emails. But not directly under her name, but from the To: and From: that she interacted with.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Kinda, Is the argument now that somehow Clinton shouldn't have known, like in a legal sense? I mean what Jr did was questionable legally , that's why people are talking about it. 

I think the Question is how much she, or her Campaign staff, know. How much regarding Steele and what he was collecting, and from whom, did they know.

Quite possibly it is zero. Possibly it is complete knowledge. In which case there is an argument that she was doing the same thing Trump Jr did, but just using intermediaries, rather then going herself.

Edited by DieChecker

4 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

ISPs do keep copies of emails for some time that I'm not sure of... At least that is what I have heard. 

As to the NSA. They don't just copy and paste the whole internet. They basically collect stuff that passes through filters on known data sources. So those ISPs... Their customers are filtered/collected. If you have a private server you aren't necessarily going to pass through a email server, so you can set it up so you are not screened. I don't believe this is what Clinton did, because I don't believe she is that wily. Sooooo.... Yeah, I think NSA does have many of her emails. But not directly under her name, but from the To: and From: that she interacted with.

what other reason could there be for a private server other than to be................................ private..?

It's the people around her and advising her that would be the wily ones I think....in the technology department...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I think the Question is how much she, or her Campaign staff, know. How much regarding Steele and what he was collecting, and from whom, did they know.

Quite possibly it is zero. Possibly it is complete knowledge. In which case there is an argument that she was doing the same thing Trump Jr did, but just using intermediaries, rather then going herself.

Ooooh ok .....man I have to say (and I know no one will believe me anymore) that I don't like the Clintons, was in fact raised to hate them, but watching the way the right wing media machine churns out unsubstantiated rumor after unsubstantiated rumor over the last two years or so I'm starting to feel like maybe I should revisit some of the things I always held as fact like whitewater, Vince Foster etc. 

• Like 3

What kind of stupid names do all these companies have anyway? Fusion GPS? Sounds like a grime act. Perkins Coie? Can't they spell company? How the hell do you pronounce Coie anyway? 

3 hours ago, Tiggs said:

Couldn't produce the currency symbol for British Pounds on my keyboard right now in less than 3 minutes if my life depended on it.

Search for 'sign for pound' in Google and then copy and paste it.

#Lifehacks

6 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

What kind of stupid names do all these companies have anyway? Fusion GPS? Sounds like a grime act. Perkins Coie? Can't they spell company? How the hell do you pronounce Coie anyway? 

Okay then, Vlad.

:lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Manafort has a big decision to make. Accidentally fall down an elevator shaft onto a dozen bullets or spend the rest of his life in prison. If he's a smart man he'll probably go with witness relocation.

Hank

That's assuming he has any evidence of anything. Considering his choices, he isn't gonna be a very good witness.

5 hours ago, Why not said:

The reaction? The reaction would be rioting, burning, attacking anyone even remotely involved with the GOP...it would be complete and utter social chaos. 

I'm not kidding either, I'm pretty sure this is what would happen were the situation reversed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lilly said:

The reaction? The reaction would be rioting, burning, attacking anyone even remotely involved with the GOP...it would be complete and utter social chaos. 

I'm not kidding either, I'm pretty sure this is what would happen were the situation reversed.

An investigation of this scope must, by default, find corruption.   We are at a point where all of the fingers of real questions are turning away from Trump and pointing directly toward Hillary, and Obama's Justice Dept.  Muller has to destroy someone because otherwise all of this would be pointless and he would lose all credibility.  In the end...Manafort goes to jail ....Trump is exonerated....and Mueller takes the heat off of himself by showing that he did due diligence.   Everything ends peachy...unless...

....the Dems take the house in 2018....in which...the Investigation will get a shot of Testosterone and all hell will break loose.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked