Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia probes kick into high gear

Farmer77

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

No charges should ever be made, if there are any to make, while an investigation is underway.  We are innocent until proven guilty. 

I'll simply refer you to the first 3-6 months of his presidency.  The leaks of classified info were literally a DAILY occurrence.  You'll excuse me if I imagine that within that context these guys suddenly got religion about using anything they could find to get him out of office as quickly as possible.  I cannot believe they would sit on anything that could seriously prove wrongdoing by him with respect to the original hue and cry over "Russian Collusion".  I believe that the final report, whenever it might happen, will be nothing more than dressed up innuendo and dark allusions to "possible" obstruction.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Harte said:

Because the press is beating him over the head with it, that's why.

Harte

There's a little more to it than just pushing back against the Press.

President Donald Trump pressed senior aides last June to devise and carry out a campaign to discredit senior FBI officials after learning that those specific employees were likely to be witnesses against him as part of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, according to two people directly familiar with the matter.

Source: Foreign Policy

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

President Donald Trump pressed senior aides last June to devise and carry out a campaign to discredit senior FBI officials after learning that those specific employees were likely to be witnesses against him as part of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, according to two people directly familiar with the matter.

So, Tiggs, you seem to be okay with the guy getting removed from a position that a majority of state's voters elected him to just because he's arrogant?  Not because he actually committed the offense he initially was being investigated for.  An investigation that was literally in search of a charge.  That doesn't bother you?  Any fool can see what's being done here.  He was elected because too many people around this country were sick of being hosed by Obama's "hope and change".  He's making changes that are beneficial to those who voted for him and at the end of this circus, you folks are going to be like the little guy pushing the broom behind the elephants in the parade ;)   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, and then said:

So, Tiggs, you seem to be okay with the guy getting removed from a position that a majority of state's voters elected him to just because he's arrogant? 

Witness tampering isn't an issue of arrogance.

• Like 5

@and then do you mind if I ask you what your opinion is of Trey Gowdy ?

The reason I ask, is even he (amongst other Republicans) had made it quite clear that Donald Trump and his lawyer should stop being so critical of Mueller and the investigation, by saying --

quote - “Give Bob Mueller the time, independence and resources to do his job,” - “And if you are innocent, act like it. … If you’ve done nothing wrong, you should want the investigation to be as fulsome and thorough as possible"

Anyway, I take it that you don't agree with this mans advice / opinion ? 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Astra. said:

@and then do you mind if I ask you what your opinion is of Trey Gowdy ?

The reason I ask, is even he (amongst other Republicans) had made it quite clear that Donald Trump and his lawyer should stop being so critical of Mueller and the investigation, by saying --

quote - “Give Bob Mueller the time, independence and resources to do his job,” - “And if you are innocent, act like it. … If you’ve done nothing wrong, you should want the investigation to be as fulsome and thorough as possible"

Anyway, I take it that you don't agree with this mans advice / opinion ? 

Whatever..

Just curious...

I've seen multiple individuals say Trump should say nothing

Was this narrative on television???

If you are innocent the last thing you do when you're slandered is say nothing.. hide behind your lawyers.

Trump's doing exactly like anybody would being hung in the court of public opinion... 

I'd do the same.

If I hid behind my lawyers I'd still be guilty in the public eye.

Trump is doing exactly what any individual would do who is innocent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tiggs said:

quote from link............"according to two people directly familiar with the matter."

yeah ok

in other words .....more unsubstantiated gossip  masquerading as news.....

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Anyone with faith in Mr. Mueller and his investigation skills should read this short article about one of the largest investigations in FBI history which occurred while Mueller was the director.  He had successes as well but the anthrax investigation shows his bullheaded and sometimes disastrous resolve to pursue the wrong leads no matter how wrong he is.  http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/08/robert-mueller-botching-investigations-since-anthrax-attacks/

interesting link.....
there does seem to be some kind of unholy alliance between the Shadowy Deep State and Al Qaeda / Saudi Arabia ... (ISIS?)....

The investigation was an unmitigated disaster for America. Mueller didn’t go after al-Qaida for the anthrax letters because he couldn’t find a direct link. But then he targeted American citizens without showing a direct link. For his deeds, he had the second longest tenure as FBI Director ever, and was roundly applauded by nearly everyone (

except Republican Rep. Louie Gohmert).

Now he’s running the Trump-Russia investigation.

If El Trumpo kept silent, the narrative would be “what is he hiding”. It appals me Day and night that a being such as him could become president, but still It’s not right that whatever he does it’s automatically wrong in the eyes of the media. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2018 at 5:11 PM, Lemieux said:
Then there's the same Robert Mueller-led FBI, that also kept the existence of 80,266 pages of 9/11 investigative material from a Sarasota Florida investigation hidden, not only from the public, but also from both the Congressional Inquiry Into 9/11 AND the 9/11 Commission ... something Senator Bob Graham, who Chaired the Congressional Inquiry, has testified to. :no:

That only came to light thankfully in 2011 after FIOA suits were filed, and the FBI at first denied to the courts that there were any such documents... then they said they found 31 pages of material... but under court order and a threat of obstruction, the FBI finally "discovered80,266 pages of Sarasota Fl, 9/11 related investigative material which was then handed over to the courts in 2013.

Those 80,000+ pages are currently still being reviewed for release by U.S. District Court William J Zloch, and the FIOA suit is still ongoing.

THAT, was Robert Mueller's FBI...
passed on to James Comey... who's FBI, uhem... "investigated"... Hillary Clinton's server scandal... and we all have seen how that one played out...

It really does beggar belief and if we're talking about collusion.... you have to ask who people like Mueller are colluding with....

No wonder such a mega effort has been made by crafty, dishonest politicians, officials and media to shift the public perception that
Russia (and Trump) is the enemy..... to take the heat off  Islam...? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, and then said:

How long would you be willing to allow such an investigation into every aspect of the past of you, your friends, family, and business associates, to go on with no evidence of any wrongdoing being presented?  Think about that a moment.  He hasn't been charged with any crime and no evidence of any specific wrongdoing has been presented.  NOTHING but innuendo.  What if that was happening to you?  Somehow, I don't think you'd be quite as patient with the process. Or would you?

That's like a drug dealer who has the police in his house on a drugs warrant complaining because they found a human centipede tied up in the basement.

"But you weren't looking for that! It's not faaaiiir".

• Like 3

On 18/03/2018 at 2:42 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

Mueller gives Trump's legal team questions for potential interview: report

So he gets the answers to the test and still loses his ****? 

Any innocent person would run through those questions and tick them off, no problem. Reading them and then going on a Twitter rampage along with the lawyer not so subtly telling the Deputy AG to fire Mueller, is not the reaction of someone with nothing to hide. He knows he's screwed.

Methinks Trump's lawyers will be indicted also on obstruction charges. My, this is getting exciting. Can't wait for the movie, and you know there will be one. :D

Hank

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

If El Trumpo kept silent, the narrative would be “what is he hiding”. It appals me Day and night that a being such as him could become president, but still It’s not right that whatever he does it’s automatically wrong in the eyes of the media. 

What has he done that's right?

Hank

• Like 1

The investigation into Trump's finances will be very interesting in that if malfeasance is found, it will be prosecuted as state crimes and therefore self pardons or pardons for his family and cohorts are off the table. 

Hank

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

That's like a drug dealer who has the police in his house on a drugs warrant complaining because they found a human centipede tied up in the basement.

"But you weren't looking for that! It's not faaaiiir".

BS. What have they found? Nothing. What you are really saying is said drug dealer gets mad cause after the cops find no drugs, they now want to raid his best friend from kindergarten who he hasn't seen in 20 years. This witch hunt needs to end, and Trump needs to make no apology for it.  

Trump is really starting to p*** me off. The guy just doesn't seem to get it. Forget the msm. It doesn't matter what he does it will be the worst possible thing he could do. He needs to fire Mueller and Sessions. Hire an AG who will cut out the corruption in the FBI. Then stop freaking hiring people who have openly hated his guts this entire time. Its time to go completely on offense and start bringing these people down. They have been criminals for decades.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

The investigation into Trump's finances will be very interesting in that if malfeasance is found, it will be prosecuted as state crimes and therefore self pardons or pardons for his family and cohorts are off the table. 

Hank

The malfeasance begun latest in Janury 2017 when Ivankas fashion label has been mentioned in her profile on the WH HP, when Kellyanne Conway advertised Ivankas fashion products during an TV interview in the WH in front of the WH logo and when #45 doubled the annual fee for the Mar-A-Largo Club up to 200k. And not to forget his frequent W/E trips to his club in Florida on AF1. These are only a few examples out of uncounted and as a foreigner I still cannot grasp that a big part of such a big nation is still willing to accept, or to ignore, such an amount of corruption fueled enrichment of a (in this case in theory) representative of the people. Its unbelievable!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

What has he done that's right?

Hank

Are you serious?  I'm not being nasty, I am genuinely interested if you are unaware of anything good that has been going on down here in the US sine the election?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bee said:

quote from link............"according to two people directly familiar with the matter."

yeah ok

in other words .....more unsubstantiated gossip  masquerading as news.....

Should be fairly obvious why they'd want to remain anonymous in this particular instance.

Britain is investigating whether Facebook did enough to protect data after a whistleblower said a London-based political consultancy hired by Donald Trump improperly accessed information on 50 million Facebook users to sway public opinion.

Source: Reuters

21 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I just have to point out this about the Facebook stuff: http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/index.ssf/2018/03/facebook_data-mining_cambridge_analytica_farmville_obama.html

Syracuse is my alma mater, saw this earlier, 

When Obama was using it his team was considered the most brilliant plitical operatives in a generation but as soon as teh republicans tap into teh same resource KABOOM.  The funny thing is the far left Facebook is now going to be a target of the regulators which is the last thing they want applied to them.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tiggs said:

I think Senior FBI officials have (and had) already discredited themselves.

Harte

• Like 1

15 hours ago, and then said:

So, Tiggs, you seem to be okay with the guy getting removed from a position that a majority of state's voters elected him to just because he's arrogant?  Not because he actually committed the offense he initially was being investigated for.  An investigation that was literally in search of a charge.  That doesn't bother you?  Any fool can see what's being done here.  He was elected because too many people around this country were sick of being hosed by Obama's "hope and change".  He's making changes that are beneficial to those who voted for him and at the end of this circus, you folks are going to be like the little guy pushing the broom behind the elephants in the parade ;)   

I wouldn't blame all of it on Obama.

We've been getting hosed by these establishment politicians for quite some time.

Harte

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked