Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia probes kick into high gear

Farmer77

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Actually its quite public that in the early stages sewing division was the goal. Its also quite public that the intelligence agencies, and the US senate agree that Russia wanted to help Trump. Senate panel backs up intel agencies, says Russia aimed to help Trump 

yes well people have short memories sometimes - especially when the whole thing has become a Trump / Russian collusion bs farce - 

• Thanks 1

3 days after 12 Russian intelligence officers are indicted for conducting cyber warfare against the US Trump says this :

Ahead of summit, Trump blames US -- not Putin -- for sour relationship

Four hours before his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin, US President Donald Trump blamed the United States and the special counsel's investigation stemming from Russian 2016 election interference for the dismal state of relations between the two countries.

Unfreaking believable. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Latest twist ? :lol: Check the date on your article , a LOT has happened since then 

like what...?

has anything fundamentally changed - Google search seems to be stuck on reports from May... (unless I'm not using
the right words to search and get more info....)....

anything moved on significantly from this...or gone up a gear... :D

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Unfreaking believable. 

Trump's right and isn't afraid to say what he thinks......

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bee said:

like what...?

IDK I figured the indictment of the 12 Russian intelligence agents probably kept mueller too busy to "wish he got fired" 

Just now, bee said:

Trump's right and isn't afraid to say what he thinks...…

:lol: Sure its the investigation into the cyber warfare that has damaged our relationship with Russia 

We clearly had a GRAND relationship with them before Obama (or Hillary or feinsten - whichever democrat you like) forced the poor Russians to hack our election systems and help Trump win.  :lol: :lol: 

Stop bee you're making my sides hurt 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

IDK I figured the indictment of the 12 Russian intelligence agents probably kept mueller too busy to "wish he got fired" 

so no change with the case against Concord then.... ?

(I don't have time to investigate further myself at this moment - but you seem to know all about it ^_^ )

https://www.theepochtimes.com/muellers-russian-troll-case-returns-to-bite-him-as-one-defendant-shows-up-for-trial_2520052.html

“One thing you never want to do is to indict in a case that you’re not prepared to try,” McCarthy said.

Mueller has tried to put off the trial, saying Concord hasn’t been properly served, but the lawyers dismissed it as “pettifoggery” because the defendant hasn’t tried to quash the summons, indeed, its counsel voluntarily showed up for the trial.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sure its the investigation into the cyber warfare that has damaged our relationship with Russia 

read the words of the Tweet you posted again... 

I would venture a guess.... and speculate that the majority of citizens in the US and in Russia (and other Western Nations)

want an end to all the ridiculous and toxic propaganda that is being pedaled and that pollutes the relationship between
Russia and the West....

Normal people want peace and see through the nonsense - but certain groups appear to be heavily invested in keeping
Russia as the Big Bad Bogey Man... 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bee said:

so no change with the case against Concord then.... ?

Now that the problem with information sharing has been handled it's happening, no date set yet.  

U.S. judge bars evidence-sharing with ‘Putin’s chef’ in Mueller probe of Russian election interference

A federal judge has approved a request to tightly control how evidence is shared with a Russian company accused of funding an Internet trolling operation to mislead American voters in the 2016 election.

The dispute over how to protect sensitive materials from disclosure had threatened to stall prosecution of the sole defendant to appear in court to face charges in the indictment of Russian entities under special counsel Robert S. Mueller III.

U.S. District Judge Dabney L. Friedrich of the District of Columbia said Friday that federal prosecutors gave “ample good cause” that identifying sources in the probe could tip off Russian intelligence and other foreign services to ongoing national security investigations and undermine efforts to protect future elections from similar interference.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bee said:

read the words of the Tweet you posted again... 

I would venture a guess.... and speculate that the majority of citizens in the US and in Russia (and other Western Nations)

want an end to all the ridiculous and toxic propaganda that is being pedaled and that pollutes the relationship between
Russia and the West....

Normal people want peace and see through the nonsense - but certain groups appear to be heavily invested in keeping
Russia as the Big Bad Bogey Man...

That position presupposes hundreds of men and women spanning multiple nations are lying about Russia launching a cyber attack on our nation. 

Im really not sure how you can say that with a straight face, no how matter how much you love Trump. 

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

That position presupposes hundreds of men and women spanning multiple nations are lying about Russia launching a cyber attack on our nation. 

Im really not sure how you can say that with a straight face, no how matter how much you love Trump. 

cyber warfare is the new front line.... ALL nations are involved - so don't play the innocent victim... 

aaaaanyway - got to go and get on with my day... bye

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bee said:

cyber warfare is the new front line.... ALL nations are involved - so don't play the innocent victim... 

That line seems to be all the rage in defending the Russians lately. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

Just now, bee said:

aaaaanyway - got to go and get on with my day... bye

I have been struggling with the everyone is doing it responses I have seen.

I wonder if that is a good excuse to just allow it to happen to your own country. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Nah the source is definitely a leftist outlet but even they state the reason for his departure is unclear, but considering the dynamics involved its still newsworthy.

Don't even know why he left, could have been just a natural rotation out, but the headline screams "AXED!!!"

Harte

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I have been struggling with the everyone is doing it responses I have seen.

I wonder if that is a good excuse to just allow it to happen to your own country. 

I suspect Russia is reeling somewhat following the latest indictments, wondering not just how the Americans got the information that led to those indictments, but also what else they might know. No doubt a damage assessment is underway given how deeply the US have penetrated their intelligence operations.

It's been suggested that if the indicted GRU guys were smart, they would defect and squeal, because their intelligence careers are most likely toast, and that a 'but everyone is doing it' excuse won't ever sit well with Putin. Not now, not ever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

It's been suggested that if the indicted GRU guys were smart, they would defect and squeal, because their intelligence careers are most likely toast, and that a 'but everyone is doing it' excuse won't ever sit well with Putin. Not now, not ever.

Tinfoil hat time...….if I were running a Manchurian candidate type operation I think I would probably offer up a couple of sacrificial lambs to pacify the masses.

but that of course is just conspiracy mongering for fun 

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Tinfoil hat time...….if I were running a Manchurian candidate type operation I think I would probably offer up a couple of sacrificial lambs to pacify the masses.

but that of course is just conspiracy mongering for fun 

Putin would never do such a thing as it would be an admission of failure.

He would simply distort reality, maybe even borrow from some of the conspiracy theories promoted here. Something along the lines of, it's nothing more than a plot by rabid Democrats to take down the Trump administration, they have nothing but the froth coming out of their mouths...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Putin would never do such a thing as it would be an admission of failure.

He would simply distort reality, maybe even borrow from some of the conspiracy theories promoted here. Something along the lines of, it's nothing more than a plot by rabid Democrats to take down the Trump administration, they have nothing but the froth coming out of their mouths...

Being a regular reader of RT im pretty sure you hit the nail on the head there. ….......Fine ill put the tinfoil hat away 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

e would simply distort reality, maybe even borrow from some of the conspiracy theories promoted here.

I think a lot of them are probably started by Russia in the first place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Reluctantly, I'd have to agree. < chews lemon to get the requisite facial expression > 

Let us not forget that the Kremlin has a track record of computer hacking in the past. If you haven't read the seminal work on the topic - "The Cuckoo's Egg" by Cliff Stoll, then I'd urge you to track a copy down. This was about a KGB-funded hack into Western military computers, using the Joint Academic Network as a springboard. It occurred in the 1980's, but it's a brilliant read. 

Among my favourite excerpts....

-------------------------------------------------------

"Hello, could I speak to your systems administrator ? "

"This is Sergeant Yuckenberger... who am I speaking with ? "

"I'm Cliff Stoll... I'm  an astronomer at Berkley University... I'm monitoring somebody hacking into your mainframe computer"

"That's impossible.. we run a SECURE system here"

"Oh really ? Well, the supervisory account "maintenance" still has the original factory password.. it's "maintenance".. the hackers know this, and they're in your system right now. Look for a newly created superuser called "Benson"

< taps at keyboard> "OH S****" "

------------------------------------------------------

or when Cliff calls TJ .. his contact at the CIA

"Hi Cliff... look.. I'm about to go into a meeting; I can't talk right now"

"No problems TJ. It's just that we've used FTP time-delay measurements to track the hackers down. They're in East Berlin...." < HANGS UP > 

< counts down... 3...2..1.... BRING BRING... BRING BRING..... > 

"They're WHERE ? "

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I think a lot of them are probably started by Russia in the first place.

Absolutely. A clever little way to, among other things, divide and conquer.

Breaking: Marina Butina has been arrested and charged with being a Russian agent.

Butina's affidavit, here

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tiggs said:

Breaking: Marina Butina has been arrested and charged with being a Russian agent.

Butina's affidavit, here

Well, there's at least one Russian who will definitely be going to trial.

From the affidavit:

Within the email, U.S. Person 1 stated, "Unrelated to specific presidential campaigns, I've been involved in securing a VERY private live of communication between the Kremlin and key POLITICAL PARTY 1 leaders through, of all conduits, [GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATION].

The GOP and NRA. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

From the affidavit:

The GOP and NRA. 

It could be the chairman of People’s Alliance for Fortitude in Times of Strife and the Podunk Pistolman’s Group for all the evidence in that affidavit.

• The topic was locked