Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia probes kick into high gear

Farmer77

4 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Then what was he evading taxes for?

I assume for the same reason as anyone else who evades taxes.

5 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

LOL, If you truly believe this was all about getting Paul Manafort on a ten year old tax evasion crime that involved the Ukraine then you aren't worth debating with. 

If you actually read our exchange, it's you that seems to think this. I said they don't need Manafort now because they have Gates.

6 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Keep your fantasies close, you need them

Just like the Flynn thing was a fantasy? Or the collusion in Trump Tower, that Trump has finally admitted? Or Manafort's ties to Russian spies? Or the undeniable fact that Russia hacked the DNC and Hillary? Or that Stone was coordinating with Wikileaks? Or that the Trump team knew about the emails? Or the multiple other items that Trump and his team have lied about, only for the truth to come out.

You keep saying that I have been proved wrong time and again, that things I speak of or predict will happen are fantasies, but the truth of the matter is that the longer this investigation continues, the more we see claims that were made when this all started being proved true. It's like you think that if you keep repeating something that is clearly false over and over again that it will warp the fabric of reality and magically become true.

• Like 1

Hang on, I thought there was still a few questions about the hacking - that being the packet transfers were too quick to be going to Russia so the agents had to be in the US, surely that opens the door to other agents?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Hang on, I thought there was still a few questions about the hacking - that being the packet transfers were too quick to be going to Russia so the agents had to be in the US, surely that opens the door to other agents?

Where is that from? 

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Where is that from?

It cropped up in discussion a while ago, quietly ignored in all the cat calling and demagoguery that something about the hack was “off” and suggested that the hackers were domestically, not internationally, based.

40 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I legitimately just dont understand how you can see this thing as a sham. 

I personally am not a fan of posting political cartoons as they're usually unnuanced and antagonistic but I think this one really sums up why I cant understand people still claiming the investigation is a sham 

DkjkYCQXsAEf_aU.jpg:large

The litany of lies and changing stories from the Trump administration simply leave them and their sycophants lacking credibility at this point. 

I have no doubts that there were meetings and such but that is no crime, changing an election via foreign aid is a crime and there is zero proof that ever occurred.   In fact we now know that the Obama administration was involved in doing this very thing and you don't seem to care one bit about thatso please, spare me your incredulity, and sudden desire for justice, it is as phony as your twisted CT's

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I have no doubts that there were meetings and such but that is no crime, changing an election via foreign aid is a crime and there is zero proof that ever occurred. 

Sure but you seem to still be giving credibility to people who lied to you. 

3 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

In fact we now know that the Obama administration was involved in doing this very thing and you don't seem to care one bit about thatso please, spare me your incredulity, and sudden desire for justice, it is as phony as your twisted CT's

Obama had meetings with the nation that was hacking our election systems in an effort to help him win?  

See this is where the whataboutism falls short. That whole  hostile nation admitting their goal is to help you win while you gladly accept it and dont bother telling government officials  thing is quite the qualifier. 

20 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

DEFCON proved even an eleven year old can hack our elections.

https://thenextweb.com/tech/2018/08/13/an-11-year-old-hacked-a-government-website-and-changed-election-results-at-defcon/

• Sad 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Sure but you seem to still be giving credibility to people who lied to you. 

Obama had meetings with the nation that was hacking our election systems in an effort to help him win?  

See this is where the whataboutism falls short. That whole  hostile nation admitting their goal is to help you win while you gladly accept it and dont bother telling government officials  thing is quite the qualifier. 

Their only goal is to disrupt America, regardless of who sits in the oval office.  They thought Hillary was going to win so they attacked her, when she lost they went after Trump.  Maybe Obama should've done something when he found out about Russian tampering, instead he stood down the cybersecurity team.  Fancy that and this was long before your fantasy collusion.  https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/stand-down-how-the-obama-team-blew-the-response-to-russian-meddling_us_5aa29a97e4b086698a9d1112

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It was a junk science conspiracy theory. Basically it was something along the lines of the metadata showing that the data had been transferred at a faster rate than the internet speed could have allowed during a hack. But this transfer could have happened at any point after the download. Say, for instance, from a Russian computer to a USB connected to that computer.

Also, metadata can be altered. It isn't a forensic 'fingerprint', as some people seem to think.

The independent investigations carried out by security companies confirmed it was a hack years ago. Foreign intelligence services actively monitored the hack taking place, as far as I'm aware. And the only criminal investigation into this - the Special Counsel - also determined not only that it was a hack, but specifically the team of Russian agents who were responsible.

The only thing that was really fuelling this theory before the Special Counsel's recent indictments was the fabricated Seth Rich conspiracy theory. He supposedly used a USB and gave the info to Wikileaks. But those indictments revealed, through messages that Wikileaks sent to Guccifer (the Russian GRU), that Wikileaks didn't even have the hacked data. They were trying to convince the Russians to give it to them for release, because of their experience and reputation with leaks.

That conspiracy theory is truly deader than dead at this point.

• Thanks 1

Their only goal is to disrupt America, regardless of who sits in the oval office.

I agree with this mostly, it actually backs up why they would support Trump. He is working really hard towards the balkanization of America which is of course Putin's horniest dream. 

That being said after Helsinki I dont think i can be convinced Trump isn't indebted to the Russians one way or another.  The 180 degree change in character was just too much. 

Maybe Obama should've done something when he found out about Russian tampering, instead he stood down the cybersecurity team.  Fancy that and this was long before your fantasy collusion.  https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/stand-down-how-the-obama-team-blew-the-response-to-russian-meddling_us_5aa29a97e4b086698a9d1112

Oh you're right the Obama admin definitely should have done more , but man , what a screwed position they were in. 

19 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Their only goal is to disrupt America, regardless of who sits in the oval office.  They thought Hillary was going to win so they attacked her, when she lost they went after Trump.  Maybe Obama should've done something when he found out about Russian tampering, instead he stood down the cybersecurity team.  Fancy that and this was long before your fantasy collusion.  https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/stand-down-how-the-obama-team-blew-the-response-to-russian-meddling_us_5aa29a97e4b086698a9d1112

Great article btw thanks for the share. 

12 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It was a junk science conspiracy theory. Basically it was something along the lines of the metadata showing that the data had been transferred at a faster rate than the internet speed could have allowed during a hack. But this transfer could have happened at any point after the download. Say, for instance, from a Russian computer to a USB connected to that computer.

Also, metadata can be altered. It isn't a forensic 'fingerprint', as some people seem to think.

The independent investigations carried out by security companies confirmed it was a hack years ago. Foreign intelligence services actively monitored the hack taking place, as far as I'm aware. And the only criminal investigation into this - the Special Counsel - also determined not only that it was a hack, but specifically the team of Russian agents who were responsible.

The only thing that was really fuelling this theory before the Special Counsel's recent indictments was the fabricated Seth Rich conspiracy theory. He supposedly used a USB and gave the info to Wikileaks. But those indictments revealed, through messages that Wikileaks sent to Guccifer (the Russian GRU), that Wikileaks didn't even have the hacked data. They were trying to convince the Russians to give it to them for release, because of their experience and reputation with leaks.

Why didn't the DNC allow the FBI to inspect their server?    Why did Obama stand down the cybersecurity team when he knew Russians were sneaking around the DNC server?   Meta data was changed, what a fantasy world you live in that you believe metadata was changed but refuse to believe anything else that hhas since been proven because it diminishes your collusion fantasy

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

you wish

only yesterday this interview was published with William Binney...... former high ranking NSA Technical Leader...

explaining that it wasn't a hack but that the info was obtained locally... (2:39)

https://www.expressvpn.com/education/biography/william-binney

And being a mathematician, he naturally chose analysis and code-breaking. Binney served in the Army SAfter cecurity Agency from 1965 to 1969. 

It was ideal preparation for the NSA, which he joined in 1970. Binney rose through the NSA ranks quickly. One colleague described him as “one of the best analysts in history.” And by the time Binney quit the organization in disgust 31 years later, he had become its Technical Leader for Intelligence.

VIPS Professional Bill Binney sets the record straight on Guccifer 2.0 and Mueller’s latest indictments.

• Like 1

Why didn't the DNC allow the FBI to inspect their server? 

Does it really matter to you? You dont believe the FBI in anything else theyre telling you regarding the investigation so a third party contractor doing the examination should make you happy. 

Why did Obama stand down the cybersecurity team when he knew Russians were sneaking around the DNC server?  

Lets be clear here what was stood down was an offensive response to Russian hacking not defense against or tracking of. 

Obama instructed Johnson to move immediately to shore up the defenses of state election systems. On Aug. 15, Johnson, while in the basement of his parents’ home in upstate New York, held a conference call with secretaries of state and other chief election officials of every state. Without mentioning the Russian cyber-intrusions into state systems, he told them there was a need to boost the security of the election infrastructure and offered the DHS’s assistance. He raised the possibility of designating election systems as “critical infrastructure” — just like dams and the electrical grid — meaning that a cyberattack could trigger a federal response.

Much to Johnson’s surprise, this move ran into resistance. Many of the state officials — especially from the red states — wanted little, if anything, to do with the DHS. Leading the charge was Brian Kemp, Georgia’s secretary of state, an ambitious, staunchly conservative Republican who feared the hidden hand of the Obama White House. “We don’t need the federal government to take over our voting,” he told Johnson.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

This question will always and forever cast obvious doubt over the whole hack claim....

Something is only as strong as it's weakest point and the weakest point for the hack claims began right
there with that... 

Indicating that the DNC were dishonest from the start... (and some elements of the FBI* colluded with that dishonesty?)

* maybe the now fired Peter Strzok for one...

• Like 2

On 8/12/2018 at 6:47 PM, Agent0range said:

it is trying to be found if the Trump campaign colluded with Russia

Yup... and trying, and trying, and trying, and well, you can check back in 2020 if the Dems don't win the House.  I'm sure Lurch will still be steady at it.

3 hours ago, Tiggs said:

Seems relevant. 

She better hope she has some proof of that because uncle Bob, AKA Lurch, is likely to want to have a chat with her.  Trump mentioned that she wasn't very smart and it looks like he may have been correct.  People who secretly tape conversations without other parties knowing of it, especially if they are considered friends, make them loathsome, IMO.   As an aside, it is nearly mind-boggling that there is no law against taping discussions that occur in a Situation Room.  FTM, it's astounding that one could even bring a hidden recording device into such an area.

27 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

They did. They received a digital copy of the data which, as far as I'm aware, is standard practice for computer forensics.

During former FBI director James Comey’s testimony to the House Intelligence Committee, Comey was asked whether the FBI had ever received the DNC’s hacked hardware.

He said they did not, but obtained access from a review of the system performed by CrowdStrike, a third-party cybersecurity firm.

"We got the forensics from the pros that they hired which -- again, best practice is always to get access to the machines themselves, but this, my folks tell me, was an appropriate substitute," Comey said.

DNC spokeswoman Adrienne Watson told PolitiFact that the DNC cooperated with the FBI’s requests, which resulted in the DNC providing a copy of their server.

"An image of a server is the best thing to use in an investigation so that your exploration of the server does not change the evidence (just like you don’t want investigators leaving their own DNA around a physical crime scene) and so that the bad actors cannot make changes to the evidence while you are looking at it," Watson said. "Any suggestion that they were denied access to what they wanted for their investigation is completely incorrect."

27 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Why did Obama stand down the cybersecurity team when he knew Russians were sneaking around the DNC server? 

Obviously he wanted Trump to win. 

You seem to be confused about this 'stand down' order. Let me clear it up for you.

The first thing that should be noted is that Rice gave that order, not Obama. Blaming Obama for that would be like blaming Bush for not listening to the FBI's warnings about bin Laden. Ultimately the responsibility of the administration in both cases, but the President in neither can be directly blamed.

The second thing is that you seem to think he told them to stand down the defence against hackers. As though he was saying 'let them do their worst!'. This is absurdly untrue.

Here are the relevant parts of the article on this subject:

I believe there were deterrence measures we could have taken and should have taken,” Nuland testified.

As intelligence came in during the late spring and early summer of that year about the Russian attack, Daniel instructed his staff on the National Security Council to begin developing options for aggressive countermeasures to deter the Kremlin’s efforts, including mounting U.S. “denial of service” attacks on Russian news sites and other actions targeting Russian cyber actors.

Daniel declined to discuss the details of those options during Wednesday’s open hearing, saying he would share them with the panel during a classified session later in the day. But he described his proposals as “the full range of potential actions” that the U.S. government could use in the cyber arena “to impose costs on the Russians — both openly to demonstrate that we could do it as a deterrent and also clandestinely to disrupt their operations as well.”

Only aggressive measures were taken off the table.

Daniel added that “it’s not accurate to say that all activity ceased at that point.” He and his staff “shifted our focus” to assisting state governments to protect against Russian cyberattacks against state and local election systems.

They, in fact, beefed up defensive measures - from the man's own testimony.

Again, how are people still bringing up claims like this when they've long been debunked? The very same Yahoo article that broke this story provides the evidence that refutes the claims that people make about it. It's patently absurd. This was adressed in this thread as soon as the story broke.

47 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Meta data was changed, what a fantasy world you live in that you believe metadata was changed but refuse to believe anything else that hhas since been proven because it diminishes your collusion fantasy

Merc, all the claims you are making have been debunked on multiple occasions in this thread. You appear, make some claims, they get debunked, then you make the same claims weeks later. I'm not the one living in a Fantasy world.

You have a hard time believing metadata can be altered? This is the extent of the expertise needed to alter the metadata of a file in your possession:

Google result for: How to alter metadata

I'm not sure why I'm supposed to have such a hard time believing that the metadata was altered? 

24 minutes ago, and then said:

Yup... and trying, and trying, and trying, and well, you can check back in 2020 if the Dems don't win the House.  I'm sure Lurch will still be steady at it.

He outright admitted it in a Tweet last Sunday.

Dress it up how you want, that's collusion and he's lied about it a truly incredible amount of times.

14 minutes ago, and then said:

FTM, it's astounding that one could even bring a hidden recording device into such an area.

Just imagine how many foreign intelligence services have penetrated this White House if a reality TV star can do it.

• Like 1

Yahoo News picked up this story from IBD in what is being described as a gradual "acceptance" by the MSM that the Trump/Russia collusion story is 100% Fake News intended to cover up much greater crimes committed by the Clintons and the Obama Administration.  Look for more (much more) of this type of "truth" reporting in the coming days and weeks:

Russian Collusion Investigation: It Was Hillary Clinton All Along

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/63f510d3-96af-34d4-aa7d-56be3548c597/ss_russian-collusion.html

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/russian-collusion-hillary-clinton/

Russia Investigation: It's beginning to look as if claims of monstrous collusion between Russian officials and U.S. political operatives were true. But it wasn't Donald Trump who was guilty of Russian collusion. It was Hillary Clinton and U.S. intelligence officials who worked with Russians and others to entrap Trump.

The media have spun a tale of Trump selling his soul to the Russians for campaign dirt to use against Hillary, beginning with the now-infamous Trump Tower meeting.

But "a growing body of evidence ... indicates that the meeting may have been a setup — part of a broad effort to tarnish the Trump campaign involving Hillary Clinton operatives employed by Kremlin-linked figures and Department of Justice officials," wrote Smith.

Steele's dossier, for which Fusion reportedly received $1 million, was largely based on interviews with Russian officials. And who paid that $1 million? As we and others have reported, it was Hillary Clinton's campaign and the Democratic National Committee, then under Hillary's control.

The media knew all this, of course, but largely ignored it.

The great irony here is that, after more than two years of investigating, the only real evidence of collusion with Russians at all points to Hillary Clinton. It was she who hired Steele to dig up dirt on Trump using Russian sources.

But now, it turns out, it goes even deeper than that.

Events surrounding that now-famous June 2016 Trump meeting suggest it, too, was a concoction of Hillary Clinton and her deep-state allies. And that meeting was the basis for much of the later Russian collusion "investigation," if it can even be called that.

What's next? It's possible the collusion investigation soon will turn from Trump to Clinton. If so, it could lead to more resignations and possibly jail time for those involved. That includes perhaps even Hillary Clinton, who sits at the political epicenter of all this illegality.

The narrative is now rapidly slipping away from the anti-Trump propagandists and their die-hard followers.

Can you feel it?

Edited by hacktorp
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I thought she was just brazenly attempting to cash in on her book, but, after baiting a denial from two staffers, she actually did produce a tape which showed them to be lying. On the tape they basically admitted that Trump had used that derogatory word. Or, rather, Trump admitted it to them.

If she can back up more of her claims then it could get interesting. Personally I'm hoping for a hidden camera that recorded Trump eating sensitive documents :D

I wouldn't have thought he would eat paper because of the germaphobe claim, but then what germaphobe has sex with a porn star? 

And yet, here we are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Just imagine how many foreign intelligence services have penetrated this White House if a reality TV star can do it.

Yeah, I'm left thinking...how was she able to get her cell into the situation room?

Just what kinda crazy is going on when a reality TV star is able to record in the situation room...and then make it out of the building with the recording...after being fired? 

Also look for the name of John Brennan to rise front and center as the key organizer of the anti-Trump coup attempt.

Didn't Trump just say he's keeping Guantanamo open just for "her"?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Yahoo News picked up this story from IBD in what is being described as a gradual "acceptance" by the MSM that the Trump/Russia collusion story is 100% Fake News intended to cover up much greater crimes committed by the Clintons and the Obama Administration.  Look for more (much more) of this type of "truth" reporting in the coming days and weeks:

Russian Collusion Investigation: It Was Hillary Clinton All Along

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/63f510d3-96af-34d4-aa7d-56be3548c597/ss_russian-collusion.html

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/russian-collusion-hillary-clinton/

The narrative is now rapidly slipping away from the anti-Trump propagandists and their die-hard followers.

Can you feel it?

We have been saying it all leads to Clinton for awhile now and finally the facts are catching up to the theories.  Bruce Ohr working with Steele after the FBI cut all ties and Glenn Simpson lying to congress and the single thing that ties it altogether is CLinton the DNC and her campaign.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked