Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Farmer77

Russia probes kick into high gear

9,489 posts in this topic

ExpandMyMind
16 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I wonder... Have any of the other "Russians" that were at the meeting actually said that the "documents" came from the Crown Prosecutor? Or, was the only source of that info the Russian Lady Lawyer who lied about that information in order to get the meeting in the first place?

Seriously... I don't know if she is the only source of that or not? I think she was though.

I don't think the issue is as much about whether or not she was really working for the Russian government (but she clearly was), it's more that Trump's team thought that she was. 

• Like 1

skliss
32 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I wonder... Have any of the other "Russians" that were at the meeting actually said that the "documents" came from the Crown Prosecutor? Or, was the only source of that info the Russian Lady Lawyer who lied about that information in order to get the meeting in the first place?

Seriously... I don't know if she is the only source of that or not? I think she was though.

How did the nytimes get a copy of his email or is this someone's speculation of what was said?

Merc14
11 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

What is funny to me is that a lot of these people who are anti-Trump are talking about having him Forcibly removed.... Because... He didn't respect the law. How the Hell is forcibly removing him then respectful of the law? Idiots. 

It amuses me that some people get so Happy with the idea of removing Trump, when they haven't even thought a second on how that would ever come about. The VP isn't going to vote him out. The House isn't going to vote for Impeachment. And even if they did Impeach, the Senate wouldn't get a 2/3 to convict. Just never is going to happen. Idiots....

I suppose it is a happy fairytale for them to play with in their minds, as they enjoy the best economy in decades.... Stores are full of people. Movie Theaters are full of people. Restaurants are full of people. Roads are way Over full of people. House prices still shooting up. Unemployment down. Jobs created is up. I guess some people just Require something to be Angry about, and Trumps a good target.

They are counting on a "blue wave" this November in which case they take the house and, no matter what, impeach Trump.    The reason for impeachment will be whatever ridiculous suspicions Mueller reports (Mueller has nothing but his report will be suggestive of "something") and with a simple majority it will pass.  The repercussions for the democrats will be catastrophic and probably end the party as we presently know it but that is irrelevant, they have to appease their rabid base which they have been inflaming for nearly two years and so would be forced into this suicidal act. 

Personally I don't see a blue wave, not with the economy booming the way it is and a democrat message comprised of nothing more than "Get rid of Trump!" and "Reverse the economy back to Obama days."   Ridiculous message and destroying the DNC  in its present form would actually be the best thing they could ever do (they have been getting annihilated at the voting booth) but if the blue wave materializes it will only give them a small majority in congress and the republicans will keep the senate and would never vote to impeach.

DieChecker
11 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I don't think the issue is as much about whether or not she was really working for the Russian government (but she clearly was), it's more that Trump's team thought that she was

I don't know that either of those are true. That she was there with the OK of the Kremlin, or not. Has there been any confirmation from upper levels of Russian Government that they sent her there? Seems to me she basically was acting as a lobbyist for Russian orphanages, or whatnot, to get Russian kids accepted back into US adoption programs. 

I get that she regularly communicated with Russian government officials. But is she on the Books as an employee? At best she is a contractor who sells information and legal help to Russian officials.

Is there rubles that showed up in her account when she made the meeting? Is there some kind of smoking gun here?

DieChecker
4 minutes ago, skliss said:

How did the nytimes get a copy of his email or is this someone's speculation of what was said?

If you are talking about the email ExpandMyMind posted... It is one of the emails Don Jr turned over when he was asked what had happened. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GlitterRose
7 minutes ago, skliss said:

Oh my goodness...that would be terrible if someone got a hold of emails in some nefarious way. 

They didn't...in this case...but it would be terrible.

Wouldn't it?

• Haha 1

DieChecker
4 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

They are counting on a "blue wave" this November in which case they take the house and, no matter what, impeach Trump.    The reason for impeachment will be whatever ridiculous suspicions Mueller reports (Mueller has nothing but his report will be suggestive of "something") and with a simple majority it will pass.  The repercussions for the democrats will be catastrophic and probably end the party as we presently know it but that is irrelevant, they have to appease their rabid base which they have been inflaming for nearly two years and so would be forced into this suicidal act. 

Personally I don't see a blue wave, not with the economy booming the way it is and a democrat message comprised of nothing more than "Get rid of Trump!" and "Reverse the economy back to Obama days."   Ridiculous message and destroying the DNC  in its present form would actually be the best thing they could ever do (they have been getting annihilated at the voting booth) but if the blue wave materializes it will only give them a small majority in congress and the republicans will keep the senate and would never vote to impeach.

So far it is a bit of a "Blue Ripple". They've given up on the Senate seemingly, and are putting all their "Good Thoughts" (Because they are anti-Christian, so they don't have Prayers.), into winning the House. I think it possible the House might flip to a very, very thin Democrat majority, but I don't even believe that all Democrats would throw in for Impeachment. I think there are some who are from districts that they won by very slim margins, and they're going to have to be given guarantees, or enticements, in order to get their votes.

skliss
1 minute ago, GlitterRose said:

Oh my goodness...that would be terrible if someone got a hold of emails in some nefarious way. 

They didn't...in this case...but it would be terrible.

Wouldn't it?

Sarcasm? I was asking a question of more informed individuals about this particular instance.  Since this is an investigation in play I wasn't sure if they were released, another instance of leaking or speculation. Each can change the way such information can be viewed. Sue me for trying to clarify.....

ExpandMyMind
2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

don't know that either of those are true. That she was there with the OK of the Kremlin, or not. Has there been any confirmation from upper levels of Russian Government that they sent her there? Seems to me she basically was acting as a lobbyist for Russian orphanages, or whatnot, to get Russian kids accepted back into US adoption programs. 

She works for the Russian governmentA paid employee. She was also a lobbyist against the Magnitsky Act, which 'adoptions' is used as code for. How can you still think this was about adoptions? 

She also turned up to the meeting with Russian spies.

Revelations since have further confirmed her ties to the Kremlin. At this point it's actually ridiculous to consider her as anything but a Russian agent. And I'm sure Mueller and his team will have more information than is currently in the public domain.

But my point remains: the Trump team were operating under the assumption that it was the Russian government. Which means, from their standpoint, whether or not she actually was or was not is a distinction without difference.

Like if you arrange to meet someone online to buy drugs and it turns out to be a sting operation. Your intent is the part that matters, not that it was really the DEA.

ExpandMyMind
1 minute ago, skliss said:

Sarcasm? I was asking a question of more informed individuals about this particular instance.  Since this is an investigation in play I wasn't sure if they were released, another instance of leaking or speculation. Each can change the way such information can be viewed. Sue me for trying to clarify.....

Someone leaked them to the NYT, then Jr found out about it and posted the whole exchange hours before the story was due to break. I suspect after the NYT had contacted him for a comment.

• Thanks 2

ExpandMyMind
21 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Mueller has nothing but his report will be suggestive of "something"

You got an inside man feeding you this info?

22 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

The repercussions for the democrats will be catastrophic and probably end the party as we presently know it

How so?

The way I see it, the level of obstruction going on from Republicans in order to protect a sitting President who is an obvious traitor will likely have the opposite effect. It makes what you suggest more likely to happen to the Republicans when the full truth comes out. You'll have a full generation growing up with the knowledge of what Trump did and how the Republicans chose party over country.

GlitterRose
18 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You got an inside man feeding you this info?

How so?

The way I see it, the level of obstruction going on from Republicans in order to protect a sitting President who is an obvious traitor will likely have the opposite effect. It makes what you suggest more likely to happen to the Republicans when the full truth comes out. You'll have a full generation growing up with the knowledge of what Trump did and how the Republicans chose party over country.

Q

lol

• Haha 1

Tiggs
2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Veselnitskaya's not even mentioned within that email. Have another read.

• Like 1

South Alabam

Here's what will happen soon. Mr. Mueller's investigation will be over and his findings will be released, and known to the American public.

If Trump is found to have implicated himself I will accept those facts. If he is cleared, that will not be accepted by many Democrats and the impeachment reasons will shift to something else.

If he is cleared, I expect this to be released right after the mid term elections so it will not affect the elections democrat wise.

If he is found to have implicated himself of anything found by Mr. Mueller I expect that to be known the weekend before mid terms to try and influence the elections.

When that happens you know it was all political. When Justice is politicized, there can be no true Justice. It can simply turn a blind eye.