Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia probes kick into high gear

Farmer77

Trump let a hostile foreign power into the White House and spilled the beans on classified information.

He's probably going to Tweet us into a nuclear holocaust, but...

Apparently, the only time anyone cares and wants anybody "locked up" is when there happens to be a D after their name. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I had assumed this was common knowledge, but apparently not. It's been reported everywhere.

We're speaking at cross purposes, I think. There's a difference between sending email to an address and knowing that address routes to a private server.

I own several domain names. Some of the emails for those domains are repointed to my (public server) gmail account, and some to my (private server) work account. Unless you specifically go poking through the DNS records, you wouldn't know from the email address alone which domain routes where.

1 hour ago, Tiggs said:

The New York Times have published an article on how the FBI investigation began.

Spoiler: It wasn't the Steele Dossier.

Once the information Mr. Papadopoulos had disclosed to the Australian diplomat reached the F.B.I., the bureau opened an investigation that became one of its most closely guarded secrets. Senior agents did not discuss it at the daily morning briefing, a classified setting where officials normally speak freely about highly sensitive operations.

Besides the information from the Australians, the investigation was also propelled by intelligence from other friendly governments, including the British and Dutch. A trip to Moscow by another adviser, Carter Page, also raised concerns at the F.B.I.

Source: The New York Times

as you have to pay to see your link - here's one with more details (of the Nothingburger^_^) --

https://livestreamnewschat.com/2017/12/30/how-the-russia-inquiry-began-a-campaign-aide-drinks-along-with-talk-of-political-dirt/

• Like 2

Anyone remember Trump's Mar-a-lago patio "situation room?"

Laughable. If not so scary.

• Like 2

About as scary as Camp David...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

and spilled the beans on classified information.

you mean when he potentially saved the lives of Russian civilians by speaking about terrorists
planning to use laptops in attacks ...?

what's wrong with that..?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bee said:

you mean when he potentially saved the lives of Russian civilians by speaking about terrorists

Call it what you will...no doubt you will do so.

He shared our classified intel with a hostile foreign power in order to gain favor. 

And if a Dem had done it, you would be demonizing them. 

• Like 2

Team Trump keeps allowing themselves to get punked as well. 

They're hardly showing themselves as fortresses of security.

• Like 1

Just now, ChaosRose said:

Call it what you will...no doubt you will do so.

He shared our classified intel with a hostile foreign power in order to gain favor. 

And if a Dem had done it, you would be demonizing them. 

no I wouldn't --- sharing intelligence to save civilian lives from terrorist attack is a good thing who ever does it --

ISIS / Islamic State is the common enemy -

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, bee said:

as you have to pay to see your link - here's one with more details

I hear that incognito mode is fairly popular.

Just now, bee said:

Ask the Israelis.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bee said:

no I wouldn't --- sharing intelligence to save civilian lives from terrorist attack is a good thing who ever does it --

ISIS / Islamic State is the common enemy -

And how about the risks to our people, our allies, and our sources? 

Oh that's right...they take a back seat to Russia now.

1 minute ago, Tiggs said:

Ask the Israelis.

I expect the Israeli outrage was exaggerated or at least made a meal of by the Anti Trump Media..

Anything to try and pump up the hate.... 

If Trump helped to save Russian civilians from Islamic terror attacks then he did the right thing IMO..

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bee said:

I expect the Israeli outrage was exaggerated or at least made a meal of by the Anti Trump Media..

Anything to try and pump up the hate.... 

If Trump helped to save Russian civilians from Islamic terror attacks then he did the right thing IMO..

There's a difference between saying "We have strong evidence to believe that ISIS are now capable of building bombs that'll fit inside a laptop" -- the message passed on to all US Allies -- and giving the Russian ambassador codeword level information about where that evidence originated.

Doing so jeopardized the lives of Israeli intelligence officers at that location and any future intel they may have gleaned.

• Like 3

~

[00.02:13]

~

*GASP*

Kite eating tree ... indeed ...

~

[00.00:27]

~

Only the Beagle knows ...

12 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Sure, but what if you are using a private server and those who you email your incriminating stuff to, are also on that server? Then you're still going to have to turn over the server, or trust them to forward (or in Clinton's case... Print) them to any investigating body.

From what I understand the ISP will know you sent something, but not what you sent.

The method she used to destroy the hard drives (AFTER they'd been subpoenaed) should be enough proof to charge and convict her of obstruction of justice.  It CERTAINLY would be sufficient for anyone else in the U.S.  

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, and then said:

The method she used to destroy the hard drives (AFTER they'd been subpoenaed) should be enough proof to charge and convict her of obstruction of justice.  It CERTAINLY would be sufficient for anyone else in the U.S.  

It certainly violated the Freedom of Information Act.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiggs said:

Not really. Pointing a domain name to a mail server is trivial.

In other words -- the email address bob@bobsprivateserver.com can easily route mail to the very same inbox that bob@us.gov does. You can't tell from an email address alone what goes where.

An IT pro wouldn't point the irregularity out to the political types in the WH?  That seems like a lack of professionalism from the Greatest Presidential Administration TM  in American History.  Unless, of course, the setup was generally known within the president's circle.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tiggs said:

I hear that incognito mode is fairly popular.

Ask the Israelis.

Maybe they got those issues worked out.  https://www.timesofisrael.com/report-us-israel-sign-secret-pact-to-tackle-iran-nuclear-and-missile-threat/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tiggs said:

There's a difference between saying "We have strong evidence to believe that ISIS are now capable of building bombs that'll fit inside a laptop" -- the message passed on to all US Allies -- and giving the Russian ambassador codeword level information about where that evidence originated.

Doing so jeopardized the lives of Israeli intelligence officers at that location and any future intel they may have gleaned.

bolded....says who....?.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump's_disclosures_of_classified_inform

On May 15, 2017, The Washington Post, citing anonymous sources, reported that the intelligence was about an Islamic State plot to stealthily use laptops as weapons that can then explode in Western countries,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Israel did not confirm or deny the report but released a statement stating full confidence in the intelligence sharing relationships with the United States.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson stated that "common efforts and threats regarding counter-terrorism" were discussed in the meeting with Lavrov, but not "sources, methods or military operations".[26] Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategy Dina Habib Powell flatly rejected the Post article, saying: "This story is false. The president only discussed the common threats that both countries faced."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Washington Post made sure the Islamic terrorists knew all about it (whatever IT was) --- it was
THEY who acted irresponsibly and if lives of agents were put at risk in any way it was THEM who are to blame -
reporting on highly sensitive issues at a government level meeting of two influential world leaders...
The Washington post,with their  'anonymous sources' try and cause as much trouble for the POTUS as they can -
Owner Jeff Bezos is an arch enemy of Trump 
-

Oh and then the New York Times piled in to try and twist the knife (a media outlet also very hostile to the POTUS -)
So THEY acted irresponsibly as well ---

It's not difficult to see that this whole thing was elaborate, irresponsible mischief making ..........IMO

and the wiki article also says --

On May 16, Trump implicitly confirmed a disclosure in a tweet, claiming that, "As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining ... to terrorism and airline flight safety. Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism."

~~~~~~~~~

On May 22, while visiting Israel, Trump appeared to confirm both the disclosures and the identity of Israel as the source, telling the press "Folks, folks, just so you understand, just so you understand, I never mentioned the word or the name Israel during that conversation."[34] It had been widely reported before May 22 that Israel was the source.

~~~~~~~~~

I say again ----- it was those widely reporting it and and making sure Islamic Terrorists were alerted -
who acted irresponsibly--- just so they could score a point against Trump - Perception Management
is the name of their game (and agenda) -- and they have successfully created a myth about Trump
and classified information that gets disseminated whenever possible to help the spread of
Trump Derangement Syndrome - 

Edited by bee
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, and then said:

An IT pro wouldn't point the irregularity out to the political types in the WH?  That seems like a lack of professionalism from the Greatest Presidential Administration TM  in American History.  Unless, of course, the setup was generally known within the president's circle.

I think it's safe to say that it was known -- but has to be skirted around so Obama doesn't come under too close scrutiny -

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Trump let a hostile foreign power into the White House and spilled the beans on classified information.

He's probably going to Tweet us into a nuclear holocaust, but...

Apparently, the only time anyone cares and wants anybody "locked up" is when there happens to be a D after their name. 

You'd have preferred Hillary's insane belligerence? You say the Trump is "probably going to Tweet us into a nuclear holocaust,", but you think the Hillary's relations with this Hostile Foreign Power might have had a similar consequence? Or would that have been justified since the Hostile Foreign Power had been attacking American Democracy(TM)? Or wouldn't the whole absurd pantomime have happened at all since there wouldn't have been any need for the Democrats to find some excuse for losing the election? 

I'm sorry, is this more whataboutism? :( 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bee said:

bolded....says who....?.......

General H.R. McMaster. As reported by the New York Times, for one. Vanity Fair, for another.

1 hour ago, bee said:

I say again ----- it was those widely reporting it and and making sure Islamic Terrorists were alerted -
who acted irresponsibly--- just so they could score a point against Trump 

The laptop ban had already been in effect for well over a month. Fairly sure that would have been their first clue they'd been rumbled.

1 hour ago, bee said:

Perception Management is the name of their game (and agenda) -- and they have successfully created a myth about Trump and classified information that gets disseminated whenever possible to help the spread of Trump Derangement Syndrome - 

What's the name for the syndrome when people believe someone can do no wrong?

When the President's assistant for Homeland Security and counterterrorism has to phone the CIA and the NSA after the meeting to contain the damage, then that's probably not the best meeting ever, IMO.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, and then said:

What irregularity? Why would the President need to know whether an email sent to Hillary's email address went to a public or private server?

Do you think Trump knows where his Secretary of State's personal email server is?

• Like 1

Its about time someone sent the Trumpotus one of these ...

~
c700x420.jpg

~

The Israelis do not hate Trump. Most of them actually like Trump as his general attitude toward their country is favorable.

That said, The New York Times and Vanity Fair do hate Trump. Like my Dad used to say, "Consider the source".

Historically speaking, hatred isn't enough: http://observer.com/2017/09/democratic-party-hatred-donald-trump/

• Like 4

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked