Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia probes kick into high gear

Farmer77

20 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Do you have any insight as to why the delay in providing the requested info? Is it just the result of a genitalia measuring contest or is something more there? 

Several possibilities. A few off the top of my head:

1: They're stalling because they know they're in trouble.

2: They're stalling because there's information about co-operating sources / other FISA warrants / something else that Mueller didn't want to become public.

3: They're stalling because there's information that members of the house intelligence committee don't have security clearance to see.

4. They're stalling because it involves intel from other countries that they need to get appropriate clearance from to release.

5. They're stalling because members of the house intelligence committee are involved.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tiggs said:

Several possibilities. A few off the top of my head:

1: They're stalling because they know they're in trouble.

2: They're stalling because there's information about co-operating sources / other FISA warrants / something else that Mueller didn't want to become public.

3: They're stalling because there's information that members of the house intelligence committee don't have security clearance to see.

4. They're stalling because members of the house intelligence committee are involved.

I was thinking much the same but kinda figured there had to have been a stated reason I missed somehow. 

I do love the intrigue. All politics and personal feelings aside this has been the most absolutely fascinating drama I have ever seen play out. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, and then said:

THIS is the most troubling aspect of what's being done to this president.  The idea that intel services could work against a sitting president and do so in an unmistakable manner is a very startling development.  I've never heard of any such thing before, certainly not in such a manner as these have done.  It's destroying the confidence of voters with an IQ above room temperature.

it is said that an organization is only as good as it's officers - there must be some serious infiltration and a split within the
Intel Agencies that goes from the top down...?...to make it easy for some elements to go astray and away from the 'mission' -

Like how criminal families might infiltrate the police force or the judiciary and aim for top positions -
Or a paedophile ring might infiltrate children's Homes and aim for becoming the manager - 

???

edit --- or how Kim Philby became head of counter intelligence for MI6 -- :D - but probably best not
to linger on that example --- it's not the Soviet Union any more anyway.. 

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I was thinking much the same but kinda figured there had to have been a stated reason I missed somehow. 

I do love the intrigue. All politics and personal feelings aside this has been the most absolutely fascinating drama I have ever seen play out. 

yeah --- like Shakespeare's comedy.. Much Ado About Nothing.... :P

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Tiggs said:

There are two wildly divergent realities being portrayed. Only one of them can be true.

Your preferred reality regarding the Steele Dossier seems to require all of the following conspiracies to be true:

1. A conspiracy between Clinton and Russia to create the Steele Dossier. 
2. A conspiracy between Clinton and the FBI, re: using the Steele Dossier.
3. A conspiracy between the CIA and the FBI, re: constructing evidence that the Steele Dossier wasn't the source of the investigation.
4. A conspiracy between MI6 and the CIA, re: constructing evidence that the Steele Dossier wasn't the source of the investigation.
5. A conspiracy between ASIS and the FBI, re:constructing evidence that the Steele Dossier wasn't the source of the investigation.

Seems like a lot of tinfoil, compared to the alternative.

Occam's razor, and all.

yes dear old Occam - no need to pad it out with too many bullet points -

and we can simplify with.... there's a no holds barred conspiracy against the democratically elected President of the USA -
emanating from elements within various organizations -

:tu:

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Tiggs said:

There are two wildly divergent realities being portrayed. Only one of them can be true.

Your preferred reality regarding the Steele Dossier seems to require all of the following conspiracies to be true:

1. A conspiracy between Clinton and Russia to create the Steele Dossier. 
2. A conspiracy between Clinton and the FBI, re: using the Steele Dossier.
3. A conspiracy between the CIA and the FBI, re: constructing evidence that the Steele Dossier wasn't the source of the investigation.
4. A conspiracy between MI6 and the CIA, re: constructing evidence that the Steele Dossier wasn't the source of the investigation.
5. A conspiracy between ASIS and the FBI, re:constructing evidence that the Steele Dossier wasn't the source of the investigation.

Seems like a lot of tinfoil, compared to the alternative.

Occam's razor, and all.

What, the rational and logical alternative, that the only possible rational explanation for the inexplicable rise of the Trump is that Russia's Vile Putin conspired to put him in office?

Who's the one with the paranoid conspiracy theories here? 

• Like 3

Meanwhile ..

A portion of Bill and Hillary Clinton’s New York estate went up in flames Wednesday begging the question: What exactly got destroyed?

CHAPPAQUA, NY (INTELLIHUB) — A portion of the Bill and Hillary Clinton’s Westchester County estate caught fire Wednesday afternoon, according to intercepted Chappaqua Fire Department communications and one local report. <_<

https://www.intellihub.com/bill-and-hillary-clintons-chappaqua-estate-burns-in-flames/

1 minute ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

What, the rational and logical alternative, that the only possible rational explanation for the inexplicable rise of the Trump is that Russia's Vile Putin conspired to put him in office?

Maybe there's three divergent realities then. 

The third being that some people obviously did some shady looking things and those things are worthy of being investigated. 

It really doesn't require anything further than that. 

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Maybe there's three divergent realities then. 

The third being that some people obviously did some shady looking things and those things are worthy of being investigated. 

It really doesn't require anything further than that. 

That is very probable. However, that's not what those who are enthusiastically following this whole affair want is it. They don't want some evidence to be uncovered than some people may have done something shady here and there with some people, some of whom may have committed the crime of being Russian, do they? They insist that suggestions that some people may have done something shady here and there with some people must be proof that Russia's Vile Putin put him in office. It's them that's keeping the conspiracy going.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I don't know about that. Steve Bannon's new book is the latest "smoking gun". He said that Trump's son is "treasonous" and "unpatriotic". It's the latest hook on which the Never-Trumpers will hang their impeach hat.

The book is written by Michael Wolf and the (alleged?) Bannon quotes are just one snippit of it but have
become a media focus  -- as part of the pre-publication hype to boost sales I expect - :) 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fire-Fury-Michael-Wolff/dp/1408711400

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Speaking to the author, Mr Wolff, Mr Bannon said of the investigation into whether there was any collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign: "They're going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV."  http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42560520

Trump's response is pretty harsh too: http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/03/politics/president-donald-trump-steve-bannon/index.html

He pretty much said that Bannon was the source of the leaks in his tweet.

re the Trump's response link ---

Trump also accused Bannon, who has called the mainstream media the "opposition party," of being too cozy with reporters and spending much of his time inside the White House leaking "false information."

you have to wonder why Trump fired him --- and what he (Bannon) was up to -- maybe he was a plant and had been
tasked with getting close to Andrew Breitbart and then close to Donald Trump..?

Oooh this is fun :

Trump lawyer threatens 'imminent' legal action against Steve Bannon, gives 24 hours to cease and desist

President Trump’s lawyers sent a cease-and-desist letter Wednesday night and threatened ‘imminent’ legal action against former top strategist Steve Bannon, capping a whirlwind day marked by a no-holds-barred war of words between the two men.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bee said:

re the Trump's response link ---

Trump also accused Bannon, who has called the mainstream media the "opposition party," of being too cozy with reporters and spending much of his time inside the White House leaking "false information."

you have to wonder why Trump fired him --- and what he (Bannon) was up to -- maybe he was a plant and had been
tasked with getting close to Andrew Breitbart and then close to Donald Trump..?

Bannon thought he had found his nationalist king , Trump's other advisers I think realized that the nationalist tide was sinking the administration and worked against Bannon and his goals. 

Bannon left feeling disillusioned, which is good for us because now we get to see it all play out in court :D 

Edit to add, my money is still on Pence being the leaker. 

Edited by Farmer77

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

YOU... are incorrigible ... you never ease up do you :ph34r:

oh well -  I suppose it IS a war of attrition -- ^_^

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Maybe read my post that followed that when Hacktorp asked the same question -- That members of the presidential campaign had meetings with Russian contacts that Western Intelligence agencies would be concerned about.

28 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

that seems one of the most sensible ideas that have come out of this whole conspiracy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

That is very probable. However, that's not what those who are enthusiastically following this whole affair want is it. They don't want some evidence to be uncovered than some people may have done something shady here and there with some people, some of whom may have committed the crime of being Russian, do they? They insist that suggestions that some people may have done something shady here and there with some people must be proof that Russia's Vile Putin put him in office. It's them that's keeping the conspiracy going.

The overall effect of Putin's meddling on the outcome of the election is impossible to calculate. The result is undoable, even if it was.

Only real question left is if Team Trump was in on the plan.

It's no longer "alleged" then (if it ever was). It's now stated as a certain fact. Perhaps could you let them know, to save everyone an awful lot of time then and just hurry up and get President Pence installed ? Perhaps you could email them your findings. <_< 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

It's no longer "alleged" then (if it ever was). It's now stated as a certain fact. Perhaps could you let them know, to save everyone an awful lot of time then and just hurry up and get President Pence installed ? Perhaps you could email them your findings. <_< 

My findings on Putin's meddling? They've already got their own.

Russia has historically tried to meddle with our political process. I'm pretty sure the 2016 election was no different.

That said, the real question is: Did Donald Trump illegally (as in breaking US law) collude with Russia to throw the 2016 Presidential election?

If there's solid irrefutable evidence that this took place I'd sure be interested in seeing it (I think Congress would too). Until such time as some irrefutable evidence is produced then all these claims are "alleged". No amount of coulda, woulda, shoulda is going to hack it without being backed by some solid irrefutable evidence.

• Like 3

Bannon is seeking revenge for having been fired. I suspect Bannon thought his far right agenda would be promoted by the Trump Administration...and when it wasn't he went off the rails then Trump fired him. Personally, I don't believe anything Bannon has to say, it's now just all about him getting revenge.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Bannon is seeking revenge for having been fired. I suspect Bannon thought his far right agenda would be promoted by the Trump Administration...and when it wasn't he went off the rails then Trump fired him. Personally, I don't believe anything Bannon has to say, it's now just all about him getting revenge.

Lordy, there are tapes.

• Like 1

Wolff clearly had access to the White House.  Why?  Because Trump probably thought he was going to be glamorized in the book.  There is no way Trump would let anyone have access that was going to write a negative book about him.  I'd order it, but I think all of the good stuff is already available on the internet.

Does it bother anyone else that Trump's employees had to sign an agreement saying they wouldn't speak negatively about him?  That's just strange.

Edited by Agent0range
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Meanwhile ..

A portion of Bill and Hillary Clinton’s New York estate went up in flames Wednesday begging the question: What exactly got destroyed?

CHAPPAQUA, NY (INTELLIHUB) — A portion of the Bill and Hillary Clinton’s Westchester County estate caught fire Wednesday afternoon, according to intercepted Chappaqua Fire Department communications and one local report. <_<

https://www.intellihub.com/bill-and-hillary-clintons-chappaqua-estate-burns-in-flames/

Oh lord...please tell me it was a server in a bathroom that started the fire

• Like 3

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked