Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does Real Magic Actually Exist?

Aquila King

7 hours ago, pallidin said:

It is truly unfortunate that the general public is forcefully unaware of the intel.

Pray tell! Quantum physics helped break the newtonian mold and brought on relativity.

Throw the placebo in there and it leaves one scratching their head...

... Did that not make your head itch, just a little???

On 12/09/2017 at 6:34 AM, Mr Walker said:

Advance the technology, and you achieve this end eventually.

We already have robotic prosthetics which are operated  by thought alone.  Reach a point where the robotics are made from nanites, and create an artificial limb indistinguishable from a real one, which you operate by thought just as you  do a real arm and you have science indistinguishable from magic.

Create a small portable machine which translates matter into energy and vice versa and thus can teleport and or create matter from  electronic templates.  Again, operate this remotely by thought, and you are able to produce a meal or a new suit  simply by thinking. You are  able to dematerialise, materialise, and transport yourself, simply with a thought  command.

Given current science, all this is probably less than a century away from reality and every day use.   There are already "primitive" machines which can wirelessly transfer thoughts from one person to another over distance,  including dream images and very simple phrases.  

I was under the impression that those prsthetics worked off of signals through the nerves and existing muscles. If one has to think about each individual movement Then it would detract from other though processes and not everyone has the same abilities.

jmccr8

28 minutes ago, woopypooky said:

Real magic like black magic? I would say voodoo and other similar are very real.

But they are not.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pallidin said:

If quantum physics exists, then some type of magic exists by default. Quantum physics provides "possibilities". Those possibilities can be either mundane, or extraordinary. It is truly unfortunate that the general public is forcefully unaware of the intel.

I agree with you whole-heartedly. However I personally prefer to avoid using quantum physics as evidence due to the sheer complexity of the subject. It's easy for people to dismiss whatever arguments you make in regards to this by saying you simply don't know enough about the subject. It's sorta like if an average Joe like you or me were to suddenly start arguing detailed astrophysics in favor of the spiritual. I'm not saying that we can't argue in favor of it or that it doesn't favor it at all, just that it's easy for people to write off your arguments as merely not understanding the science due to the extremely high level of education required to be considered a quantum physicist. Of course this isn't to say that we can't at all know anything about such topics or that we can't use evidences from these fields at all to support our positions. Just that it's easier for skeptics to dismiss on those grounds.

I think there are simpler easier evidences and arguments in favor of the spiritual, that don't require the same high level of education required by such fields quantum physics. Such as NDE's, ESP and psychic phenomena experimentation, etc. Of course there are plenty that readily dismiss these just as easily as well, however the amount of education required in these fields of study in order to understand it is practically nil to none. Anyone can experience an NDE, and anyone can understand that when the brain stops functioning entirely that people shouldn't be having ANY conscious experiences during that time, period. Yet they do. It doesn't take an astro physicist or quantum physicist to figure this out, nor to explain it to somebody. Therefore one's credibility in arguing a case for the spiritual is higher when discussing these topics then they are arguing topics that are a bit more above their pay grade if you catch my drift.

So while I don't disagree with people who make the arguments based on quantum physics, I typically try to stick to that which I (and really pretty much anyone) can understand and articulate fully.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

I agree with you whole-heartedly. However I personally prefer to avoid using quantum physics as evidence due to the sheer complexity of the subject. It's easy for people to dismiss whatever arguments you make in regards to this by saying you simply don't know enough about the subject. It's sorta like if an average Joe like you or me were to suddenly start arguing detailed astrophysics in favor of the spiritual. I'm not saying that we can't argue in favor of it or that it doesn't favor it at all, just that it's easy for people to write off your arguments as merely not understanding the science due to the extremely high level of education required to be considered a quantum physicist. Of course this isn't to say that we can't at all know anything about such topics or that we can't use evidences from these fields at all to support our positions. Just that it's easier for skeptics to dismiss on those grounds.

I think there are simpler easier evidences and arguments in favor of the spiritual, that don't require the same high level of education required by such fields quantum physics. Such as NDE's, ESP and psychic phenomena experimentation, etc. Of course there are plenty that readily dismiss these just as easily as well, however the amount of education required in these fields of study in order to understand it is practically nil to none. Anyone can experience an NDE, and anyone can understand that when the brain stops functioning entirely that people shouldn't be having ANY conscious experiences during that time, period. Yet they do. It doesn't take an astro physicist or quantum physicist to figure this out, nor to explain it to somebody. Therefore one's credibility in arguing a case for the spiritual is higher when discussing these topics then they are arguing topics that are a bit more above their pay grade if you catch my drift.

So while I don't disagree with people who make the arguments based on quantum physics, I typically try to stick to that which I (and really pretty much anyone) can understand and articulate fully.

I thinks its the search for the verifiable mechanism through which conciousness and "woo" can occur that attracts people to quantum physics.

And Pallidin, i wasnt mocking you. After re-reading my statement i realise it may have come off like that. Im curious as to the intel you say the population is forcefully unaware of.

Edited by Wes4747
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wes4747 said:

I thinks its the search for the verifiable mechanism through which conciousness and "woo" can occur that attracts people to quantum physics.

12de9e9f7a0e25ac508eec06d39083dc--th-cen

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

mind to mind transfer of both words and sentences  and images You did not know this and so dismiss the possibility

You said 'mind reading' which I took to mean a human being telepathically reading the mind of another without technology. 

I did not dismiss the possibility of reading a mind, I even said I had been using mind 'reading' to control my computer back in 2011.

5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

but because it was inexplicable yet real, most human minds would at least consider the possibility of magic

By definition magic is everywhere, but only because it isn't a physical entity it's a description of the unexplained. We seem to agree on this?

6 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

This scenario asks what you  would think if you actually saw it happen.  how would you explain It  to yourself

I would think I'd had an hallucination. Here is something I know to be true. Your imagination can conjure forth things far stranger than anything you've described. These things can profoundly affect you, however they come from within and are not 'real', no matter how real they appear to you.

You didn't find operating a computer by thought as magic because you were familiar with it

Nope, I did think it was like real magic though. Then I realised it was actually 'reading' the movement of facial muscles instead of my mind. That said, mind reading, with the right technology, is a given in the future.

When it happened to me the first time  my first thought was "beam me up as well scotty" and i was seriously concerned that his might indeed happen.  After a little more thought i considered a holographic projection although this was well before humans had developed and perfected them   After more thought i decided it was an advanced technology transmitting  an entity into my presence and away from it a minute or so later   During that minute the entity in the transmat beam spoke with me and removed a 6 year addiction to smoking immediately and completely and correctly informed me that i would never smoke again

I've had one of these moments of revelation. It completely changed who I was and how I thought...for the better.

The difference? I didn't assume God or Aliens.

I know what caused mine, it happened when my anti-depressants kicked in. You wouldn't believe what can be 'revealed' to you in a rush of serotonin when a re-uptake inhibitor is working the room.

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 7:24 PM, Aquila King said:

Reveal hidden contents

mag·ic
ˈmajik/  
noun
noun: magic
  1. 1.
    the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
    "do you believe in magic?"
    synonyms: sorcery, witchcraft, wizardry, necromancy, enchantment, the supernatural, occultism, the occult, black magic, the black arts, voodoo, hoodoo, mojo, shamanism; More
    charm, hex, spell, jinx;
    pixie dust, fairy dust
    "do you believe in magic?"
    • mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment.
      synonyms: conjuring tricks, sleight of hand, legerdemain, illusion, prestidigitation
      "he does magic at children's parties"
    • a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, especially in a way that gives delight.
      "the magic of the theater"
      synonyms: allure, attraction, excitement, fascination, charm, glamour
      "the magic of the stage"
    • informal
      something that has a delightfully unusual quality.
      "their seaside town is pure magic"
adjective
adjective: magic
  1. 1.
    used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.
    "a magic wand"
    synonyms: supernatural, enchanted, occult
    "a magic spell"
    • very effective in producing results, especially desired ones.
      "confidence is the magic ingredient needed to spark recovery"
  2. 2.
    informal
    wonderful; exciting.
    "what a magic moment"
    synonyms: fascinating, captivating, charming, glamorous, magical, enchanting, entrancing, spellbinding, magnetic, irresistible, hypnotic More
    "a magic place"
    marvelous, wonderful, excellent, admirable;
    informalterrific, fabulous, brilliant
    "we were magic together"
verb
verb: magic; 3rd person present: magics; past tense: magicked; past participle: magicked; gerund or present participle: magicking
  1. 1.
    move, change, or create by or as if by magic.
    "he must have been magicked out of the car at the precise second it exploded"
Origin

late Middle English (also in the sense ‘a magical procedure’): from Old French magique, from Latin magicus (adjective), late Latin magica (noun), from Greek magikē (tekhnē ) ‘(art of) a magus’: magi were regarded as magicians.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

magic (adj.) Look up magic at Dictionary.com
late 14c., from Old French magique, from Latin magicus "magic, magical," from Greek magikos, from magike (see magic (n.)). Magic carpet first attested 1816. Magic Marker (1951) is a registered trademark (U.S.) by Speedry Products, Inc., Richmond Hill, N.Y. Magic lantern "optical instrument whereby a magnified image is thrown upon a wall or screen" is 1690s, from Modern Latin laterna magica.
magic (v.) Look up magic at Dictionary.com
1906, from magic (n.).
magic (n.) Look up magic at Dictionary.com
late 14c., "art of influencing events and producing marvels using hidden natural forces," from Old French magique "magic, magical," from Late Latin magice "sorcery, magic," from Greek magike (presumably with tekhne "art"), fem. of magikos "magical," from magos "one of the members of the learned and priestly class," from Old Persian magush, which is possibly from PIE root *magh- "to be able, have power."

Transferred sense of "legerdemain, optical illusion, etc." is from 1811. Displaced Old English wiccecræft (see witch); also drycræft, from dry "magician," from Irish drui "priest, magician" (see druid).

Now, it doesn't matter what you call it, it's gone by many names. For the sake of simplicity, I'll just call it 'Magic'.

What I'm referring to is some sort of mysterious energy or force that exists, that has the power to influence or possibly completely warp reality in accordance with the user's will.

I'm personally very interested in this topic, as in my personal opinion if there is something spiritual that exists in the universe, then it isn't that much of a stretch for magic to (possibly) exist as well. ;)

And if magic does exist, what is it? And how does it work? What resources are available out there? What do we need to learn or do to practice such a craft?

Your thoughts? ^_^

Collect two objects, keep object A with you and put object B on the other side of the room. How can you use A to influence B?

Maybe they can be connected using a force, maybe a mechanism, maybe you could throw A at B, or maybe a mixture of all of these. But in what other ways can you use A to influence B?

If you put A into some kind of symmetry with B then you can gain information on A which is also true for B. So if B was locked in a box and placed on the moon you can figure out information on it by examining A without ever having to travel there and look inside.

So lesson 1: You can gain information on distant objects without directly examining them. You do this by instead getting the information from an object in symmetry with it.

Lesson 2 is that if you have no information on what object B is doing then its behaving as a probability. This means gaining information, or gaining partial information on it, using A, you can collapse or refine down the probability that object B obeys.

Magic is about distant objects behaving as probabilities and you exerting influence over them through the way you collect information on objects in symmetry with it. To understand the logic behind that you need to let go of the idea that things which you arent currently gaining information on are already decided. They arent, all possibilities co-exist until the moment where an outcome is selected through the act of gaining information.

9 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

I was under the impression that those prsthetics worked off of signals through the nerves and existing muscles. If one has to think about each individual movement Then it would detract from other though processes and not everyone has the same abilities.

jmccr8

The sort i am thinking of is for those who have lost a leg (0r arm or hand)  you can get a cyborg artificial leg arm hand  which is connected to the neural system via wi fi  (you can use the same system to operate any machinery remotely.like a wheelchair or commercial machinery.   You do have to relearn how to command the limb consciously and this does take time, like learning to reuse a real one after a stroke  There may also be ones which are wired into electrodes implanted in the brain and connected to the artificial limb

5 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

You said 'mind reading' which I took to mean a human being telepathically reading the mind of another without technology. 

I did not dismiss the possibility of reading a mind, I even said I had been using mind 'reading' to control my computer back in 2011.

By definition magic is everywhere, but only because it isn't a physical entity it's a description of the unexplained. We seem to agree on this?

I would think I'd had an hallucination. Here is something I know to be true. Your imagination can conjure forth things far stranger than anything you've described. These things can profoundly affect you, however they come from within and are not 'real', no matter how real they appear to you.

Nope, I did think it was like real magic though. Then I realised it was actually 'reading' the movement of facial muscles instead of my mind. That said, mind reading, with the right technology, is a given in the future.

I've had one of these moments of revelation. It completely changed who I was and how I thought...for the better.

The difference? I didn't assume God or Aliens.

I know what caused mine, it happened when my anti-depressants kicked in. You wouldn't believe what can be 'revealed' to you in a rush of serotonin when a re-uptake inhibitor is working the room.

I want to start with the last reply first. In my case this was an external and independently real event. I know this because it was witnessed by others The beam lit up  500 square metres of night landscape as bright as day.  This informs my thoughts just as your knowledge that yours was an hallucination or an inner landscape informs your own  I have always tried to explain how one must use reality checkers to determine if a reality exists inside your mind or externally  Plus i have never had an hallucination  or similar in my life except when on very powerful pain killers for a day.  I have no mental illnesses or infirmities,  never suffered from depression and was not on any medication. I was not sleepy and the only drugs i was taking by then were  cigarettes (I wasnt even drinking alcohol) 

To you go to your first reply This was my point. You made an assumption based on the data provided to you   And this is what everyone does.  See two people speaking telepathically, and not see any technology, and a human mind considers magic.

I wouldnt say everywhere, but magic, like the paranormal and supernatural, is how we define realities for which we have no current scientific explanation They all have a scientific explanation (if the actually exist)  but we just don't posses the technology yet to be able to measure or assess it.  

its interesting that your FIRSt thought would be an hallucination. I dont have any experience with hallucinations  My first thoguth was how do i determine if this is occurring in my mind or externally  HAving done that, almost simultaneously, my first thought was This is an example of some form of advanced technology  (This was in  about 1972) As i said,  transmat beams and holographic projections occurred to me) When a voice from within the entity told me it had cured me of a long and serious addiction to nicotine and that i would have no more problems and would never smoke again i was skeptical. But it turned out to be absolutely true. I stopped then. ( I had just gone outside to have a cigarette )  never had a need for another cigarette and never had any withdrawal symptoms From smoking over a packet a day for several years and smoking for at least 6 years I never had another cigarette (except in my dreams ) :)  Oh I thought yo meant  your computer was operated by thought I almost called you a liar because tha t technology was only justevolving a the time oyu mentioned You CAN now operate a computer or a motor car or prosthetic limbs just by thought command.  your thoughts are transmitted to a computerised servo motor which responds to your thoughts and directs the machine

It is fascinating that this field was actually opened up by a lazy monkey  Scientists were experimenting with remote operation of machines by a monkey. It had to move a limb to make the machine respond. However the monkey found it could make the machine respond just by thinking about moving its limb. The thought, via electrodes in the brain, and connected to a computerised machine   actually operated /instructed the machine . 

6 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Collect two objects, keep object A with you and put object B on the other side of the room. How can you use A to influence B?

Maybe they can be connected using a force, maybe a mechanism, maybe you could throw A at B, or maybe a mixture of all of these. But in what other ways can you use A to influence B?

If you put A into some kind of symmetry with B then you can gain information on A which is also true for B. So if B was locked in a box and placed on the moon you can figure out information on it by examining A without ever having to travel there and look inside.

So lesson 1: You can gain information on distant objects without directly examining them. You do this by instead getting the information from an object in symmetry with it.

Lesson 2 is that if you have no information on what object B is doing then its behaving as a probability. This means gaining information, or gaining partial information on it, using A, you can collapse or refine down the probability that object B obeys.

Magic is about distant objects behaving as probabilities and you exerting influence over them through the way you collect information on objects in symmetry with it. To understand the logic behind that you need to let go of the idea that things which you arent currently gaining information on are already decided. They arent, all possibilities co-exist until the moment where an outcome is selected through the act of gaining information.

Again they have actually done this increasing the link from a few inches originally to many miles now  I think the y use entangled photons By 2015  scientists had transmitted  small amounts of data instantaneously over 60 miles of fibre optic cable using entangled photons.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-brief/2016/09/19/quantum-teleportation-enters-real-world/#.WcMW2bIjGUk

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/214815-scientists-set-new-record-teleporting-quantum-data-60-miles

http://www.legitreviews.com/quantum-entanglement-faster-light-data-transmission_143076

The last source shows a different (Dutch) form which does not use any physical link between the entangled  electrons.

2014 Over the past week there has been quite a buzz in the scientific community over a Dutch experiment reliably transmitting data instantly between two electrons via quantum entanglement.

Already proven possible in the experiment: instant communication! While scientists have reached a 3-meter(or 10-foot) range with a 100% success rate, worldwide implementation would revolutionize communication. 

We want the freedom, in the end, to create so many wonders and those wonders will fully awaken us from this cosmic bad dream. This Xerox Universe, and allows us to help others wake to their authentic nature. That is power of magick.

12 minutes ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

We want the freedom, in the end, to create so many wonders and those wonders will fully awaken us from this cosmic bad dream. This Xerox Universe, and allows us to help others wake to their authentic nature. That is power of magick.

Every human is free.  The walls and chains they perceive to be restricting their freedoms  do not actually exist  Once you realise you are free, you become free. 

start with the last reply first. In my case this was an external and independently real event. I know this because it was witnessed by others The beam lit up  500 square metres of night landscape as bright as day.  This informs my thoughts just as your knowledge that yours was an hallucination or an inner landscape informs your own  I have always tried to explain how one must use reality checkers to determine if a reality exists inside your mind or externally

You will have to excuse me if I call BS here. With no evidence, no others backing your statement and with what you've told me I think you're making it up.

One logical explanation is that you are suffering with delusions of grandeur. This theory holds water for me because of things you've previously posted.

I love how people tell me they have never suffered with mental illness when they do not realise it can be so subtle that no matter how smart you are, you can't be aware of it.  

I'll address the rest of the post later.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

You will have to excuse me if I call BS here. With no evidence, no others backing your statement and with what you've told me I think you're making it up.

One logical explanation is that you are suffering with delusions of grandeur. This theory holds water for me because of things you've previously posted.

I love how people tell me they have never suffered with mental illness when they do not realise it can be so subtle that no matter how smart you are, you can't be aware of it.  

I'll address the rest of the post later.

You are entitled to call BS and it is quite reasonable for you to do so However it is events like this which brought me to UM 14 or so years ago seeking out others who had had similar experiences 

One logical  explanation  is that,  first a s a child i established a mental contact with the cosmic consciousness and then, a decade later, it manifested itself physically in my life.  

I m clinically assessed and proven to have no mental or physical illness or disability affecting my mind. Indeed all past assessments indicate quite the opposite.  And I do not hallucinate I have never suffered from delusion or false perception.Of course I had myself thoroughly checked out by top professionals after incidents like this, and was given a clean bill of neurological and psychological health.

it makes me laugh a little, although it is understandable, that a skeptic's fall back position is that, because the y believe such things are not real , anyone experiencing them must be deluded or worse. Professional  psychologists do not think or argue like that They retain an open mind, and i have had many interesting, and in depth, discussions with them on these issues    

Delusions of grandeur?   Well I am not the most objective  assessor of that  However i do run constant  self evaluations and psychological profiles on myself :)  I have an academic background which includes both psychology and professional counselling of teenagers for many years.  I can make a pretty accurate and objective evaluation myself, my world views, the reasons why i hold certain vlaues  etc I know myself better than anyone else on this planet  knows me and better than many people understand themselves I have been studying and developing my mind and self aware consciousness since I was a very young child. A bit unusual maybe but not deluded  Grandeur is in the mind of the beholder I have some gifts and talents which  use to help others . I live a non material spiritual based life   and for me mind is far more important than matter  

I think it is my difference from others which causes  some of them to judge me, using terms like grandeur, narcissist, unemotional ,unfeeling etc It has been thus all my life. Yet, others who know me, see me differently, and i am loved, respected and cared about by family, friends, colleagues, and community.  

Why do people feel the need to make personal judgements rather than address the topic?  Now i am again explaining and defending myself. No I have no illusions or delusions about grandeur Quite the opposite in fact.  I am a very ordinary human and it is this fact which tells me that any and all humans can evolve themselves as I have done, to reach a lot more of their potential .  

i tis not intelligence which allows one to identify mental illness. it is a lifetime of self analysis and review,   developing a deep  understanding of self and ones connection to all aspects of the environment,  of constant use of reality checkers of minfulness both in the moment and over time   Of education in the signs, causes, and consequences of both neurological and psychological trauma and illness. 

Edited by Mr Walker

20 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

You are entitled to call BS and it is quite reasonable for you to do so However it is events like this which brought me to UM 14 or so years ago seeking out others who had had similar experiences 

It is the logical thing to do.  Essentially you are telling me that something flying shone a light on you.  From there you make the 'logical' leap to advanced alien beings travelling the vast interstallar distances to cure your addiction to nicotine... 

22 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

One logical  explanation  is that,  first a s a child i established a mental contact with the cosmic consciousness and then, a decade later, it manifested itself physically in my life.

In no way is this a logical explanation.

23 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I m clinically assessed and proven to have no mental or physical illness or disability affecting my mind.

It cannot be proven, most mental disorders go completely undiagnosed as there are no ways to diagnose them or even definitions for some of them.  This is especially true of the type of disorder I think you may have.  Even scans of your brain (with current tech) cannot tell for sure if you are suffering with a mental illness.  Please explain in detail which clinical assessments you had and which tests they used to make the conclusions they did.  Why did you go for assessment in the first place and when? 

29 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Professional  psychologists do not think or argue like that They retain an open mind, and i have had many interesting, and in depth, discussions with them on these issues

Why do you spend a lot of time discussing woo with psychologists? Why are psychologists better placed to judge anything outside of the mind (as you claim this is)? Or do they have great insight because this is all in the mind? 

30 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Delusions of grandeur?   Well I am not the most objective  assessor of that

We are in agreement! 

30 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

However i do run constant  self evaluations and psychological profiles on myself :)

Objective ones? 

33 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I can make a pretty accurate and objective evaluation myself, my world views, the reasons why i hold certain vlaues  etc I know myself better than anyone else on this planet  knows me and better than many people understand themselves I have been studying and developing my mind and self aware consciousness since I was a very young child

You cannot objectively evaluate yourself and reach any meaningful conclusion.  This is akin to saying "I'm not mad, the rest of the world is! How do I know? I checked myself and found I wasn't mad".

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Every human is free.  The walls and chains they perceive to be restricting their freedoms  do not actually exist  Once you realise you are free, you become free. 

What about those imprisoned in their own mind by mental illness? Thier walls and chains are 'just perceptions' but their effects are real enough.  I now realise I am free but only because the drug allows me to see that.  When I stop taking it I return to a depressive state that alters my perception of 'reality'.  It doesn't matter how intelligent you are you can't out think it and it is subtle, oh so very subtle.

You haven't experienced it (or at least release from it and return to it) and so you don't understand that what you are saying is nonsense, to me at the very least.  I'm surprised someone with a background in Psychology wouldn't recognise this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

Why do people feel the need to make personal judgements rather than address the topic?  Now i am again explaining and defending myself. No I have no illusions or delusions about grandeur Quite the opposite in fact.  I am a very ordinary human and it is this fact which tells me that any and all humans can evolve themselves as I have done, to reach a lot more of their potential .  

They feel the need because you make wild claims backed by no evidence.  You are a very orinary human, who by his own definition, has been selected for special treatment by a race of Aliens who cured you of smoking so you could make and give away more money. Not only this but you've been in touch with them since childhood and know/understand their plans for humanity.  You even know they are putting restrictions on where we can go and what we can acheive, according to you.

Yep, completely ordinary and normal.

• Like 1

I posit that 'magic' exists.

Skeptic and believer alike can agree on the existence of the placebo effect. The placebo effect itself demonstrates that our will alone can manifest physical changes in the material world. 

Why not expand that principle?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Invisig0th said:

Skeptic and believer alike can agree on the existence of the placebo effect. The placebo effect itself demonstrates that our will alone can manifest physical changes in the material world. 

Thank you!!! Can we not do that??!! However, central nervous system could be responsible for placebo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Invisig0th said:

Yes but the way you phrase it makes it seem that it can affect the world outside of your own body. It can't and so this is why we don't expand the principle.

It does highlight the power of positive thinking on your own physical being however.

Not having a go, just making the distinction.

3 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

Yes but the way you phrase it makes it seem that it can affect the world outside of your own body. It can't and so this is why we don't expand the principle.

It does highlight the power of positive thinking on your own physical being however.

Not having a go, just making the distinction.

I can agree in that we cannot affect the physical world directly by expressing positive attitude but the effect of that attitude towards our goals can impact others and a combined effort can make a difference by I wouldn't call it magic. To use an example of flight, man has dreamed of flying and through generations of people that believed that it could be possible it eventually became a reality, I suppose the dream of potential is the magic that helps create reality. Other than that IT'S SHOW TIME in the entertainment biz dramatic illusion.

jmccr8

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

:mellow: ...uh, what?...

Sorry, I think you might be making this a bit more complex than it needs to be...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aquila King said:

:mellow: ...uh, what?...

Sorry, I think you might be making this a bit more complex than it needs to be...

Well its quite easy, if you setup up a relationship between two objects you can deduce information on one by examining the other. Even if they become far apart. 

The difference is what people think is going on when we describe an object as behaving as a probability. Most assume its just a phrase to use when we dont have information on an object to figure out its outcome. They dont think that all of its out-comes co-exist until that information is acquired collapsing them all to leave just one behind.

If they reframe it all then they realise information gained on one object selects (or narrows down) what the outcome for the second object can be.

Let me finish by pointing out that ideas like the multi-verse (all outcomes co-existing for things behaving as probabilities) are not limited to modern Quantum Mechanics. Have a look into Judeo-Christian or Islamic mysticism. The ideas are 1000s of years old with logical reasoning behind why they also thought they existed. Or just get yourself a decent book on the occult.