Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does Real Magic Actually Exist?

Aquila King

1 minute ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I can't watch the video from where I am at. Hey believe what you want I know myself what I can do with clouds. If you don't believe it then so be it. I'm not going to try to change your mind or even care to.

Go demonstrate this mystical ability to a scientists. Any scientists. If you can really do it, you'll be the most significant discovery in the last several centuries. Go to the nearest university, I'm sure they'll talk to you. You don't need to convince me, after all, you need to convince a scientific council.

Unless you're daft or lying, anyway.

• Like 3

Just now, Podo said:

Go demonstrate this mystical ability to a scientists. Any scientists. If you can really do it, you'll be the most significant discovery in the last several centuries. Go to the nearest university, I'm sure they'll talk to you. You don't need to convince me, after all, you need to convince a scientific council.

There is nothing mystical about if for anybody can do it if they try. It's only one example I gave to show the power of the mind. Mainstream scientist probably wouldn't really care about it and I'm sure some probably already know. Its not really that big a deal. Why would I want to lie about changing clouds or making them disappear?

4 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

There is nothing mystical about if for anybody can do it if they try. It's only one example I gave to show the power of the mind. Mainstream scientist probably wouldn't really care about it and I'm sure some probably already know. Its not really that big a deal. Why would I want to lie about changing clouds or making them disappear?

Mainstream science wouldn't care? What universe do you live in? If you could actually control clouds, that would be of overwhelming scientific interest.

However, your dodging of the issue is very telling, Captain Charlatan.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Podo said:

Mainstream science wouldn't care? What universe do you live in? If you could actually control clouds, that would be of overwhelming scientific interest.

However, your dodging of the issue is very telling, Captain Charlatan.

Hey whatever you say if it makes you feel better. Call me whatever you want. I am not dodging any so called issue and I am telling you just like it is. Troll me all you want if that's what you like to do. I do find you amusing on how interested you are on this but you won't even try it for yourself.

5 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Hey whatever you say if it makes you feel better. Call me whatever you want. I am not dodging any so called issue and I am telling you just like it is. Troll me all you want if that's what you like to do. I do find you amusing on how interested you are on this but you won't even try it for yourself.

There's nothing to try, is the thing. I could stare out the window at clouds all I want, but there is no way for me to affect them. A "cloud" isn't a thing, it's a collection of billions of water droplets. You expect anyone to believe that a human, from kilometres away, can affect the movement and coordination of billions of water droplets? Really? Why do you think this? And even if you do think this, how come people aren't flinging stuff around left, right, and centre? If this was a thing that was possible, even simple (as you say), then we would have figured it out and been able to measure it long ago.

• Like 3

Look, I strongly support the existence of the spiritual, I support the existence of metaphysical phenomena, but this is just not conclusive to any degree. Even if you could affect clouds with your mind, it is so easily explainable as merely natural phenomena, that it renders any argument for psy power meaningless.

If you want mainstream science to take you seriously, you have to think more scientific then that. I reject the claims of skeptics who claim that there is no evidence for the metaphysics, but how could I (or anyone) rationally respond to anything if we are so quick to attach the spiritual to what at the very least could simply be the natural? If we want to claim this stuff is scientific then we have to approach it scientifically.

I honestly feel sometimes as though I'm the only spiritual rationalist out there...

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Podo said:

There's nothing to try, is the thing. I could stare out the window at clouds all I want, but there is no way for me to affect them. A "cloud" isn't a thing, it's a collection of billions of water droplets. You expect anyone to believe that a human, from kilometres away, can affect the movement and coordination of billions of water droplets? Really? Why do you think this? And even if you do think this, how come people aren't flinging stuff around left, right, and centre? If this was a thing that was possible, even simple (as you say), then we would have figured it out and been able to measure it long ago.

Maybe that is the problem. You are not able to do it because you don't believe you can or you haven't tried it hard enough. I just know I can stare at  smaller clouds for a few minuets and make them disappear. And the bigger clouds I can break them apart. I'm not the only person in this world saying this. If you just google it a few links pop up.

http://realpsychicpower.com/dissolving-clouds-with-your-mind

I first tried dissolving clouds, also known as cloud busting or cloud bursting, years ago after reading an old Yoga book by Jess Stearn.   I think Richard Bach must have adapted the idea from him or maybe it was already out there in the mass consciousness because he later wrote about dissolving clouds in one of  his books – either Illusions or Jonathon Livingston Seagull.   Probably Illusions if memory serves.

http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/250870/can-dissolve-clouds-using-mind/

Years of scientifically controlled experiments conducted by physicist and materials engineer Dr. William Tiller of Stanford University have unquestionably proven that one could alter the alkalinity or acidity of water and also retard the biological growth of a fly’s larvae by intention alone.

http://www.neilslade.com/cloud.html

THIS web page built June 7, 1998 to coincide with Coudbusting on Art Bell's Coast To Coast Radio Show

So there is just a few links I find in a few seconds. This is really not anything new. It is just not talked about in the mainstream just like many other things.

17 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Look, I strongly support the existence of the spiritual, I support the existence of metaphysical phenomena, but this is just not conclusive to any degree. Even if you could affect clouds with your mind, it is so easily explainable as merely natural phenomena, that it renders any argument for psy power meaningless.

If you want mainstream science to take you seriously, you have to think more scientific then that. I reject the claims of skeptics who claim that there is no evidence for the metaphysics, but how could I (or anyone) rationally respond to anything if we are so quick to attach the spiritual to what at the very least could simply be the natural? If we want to claim this stuff is scientific then we have to approach it scientifically.

I honestly feel sometimes as though I'm the only spiritual rationalist out there...

Yes I understand it is great to use logic and reason but sometimes things can't be explained by logic and reason. That is when someone must look outside the box and try to see from another view or understanding. Or try to see past the veil of what we have been taught by institutions to keep us in the dark of the nature of what we call this reality. 

Hence these quotes:

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
Nikola Tesla

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."
Nikola Tesla

"The atoms or elementary particles themselves are not real; they form a world of potentialities or possibilities rather than one of things or facts."
Werner Heisenberg

"Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real."
Niels Bohr

Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. Nikola Tesla

To me mainstream science has become a joke and it has become more of a religion then anything else. Really I could care less of who mainstream science takes seriously. I lost faith in that institution called mainstream science many years ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Yes I understand it is great to use logic and reason but sometimes things can't be explained by logic and reason. That is when someone must look outside the box and try to see from another view or understanding. Or try to see past the veil of what we have been taught by institutions to keep us in the dark of the nature of what we call this reality. 

I agree that logic and reason alone may not be able to explain everything in this relativistic universe, but that's not what I'm arguing. I'm not arguing for anything in a vague general sense, merely in regards to the specific instance to which you brought up. Reshaping clouds into specified shapes through one's thoughts is untestable, relativistic, generalistic, undefined, and could easily be explained by other natural means. That's why I originally responded by pointing out this specific argument you made (amongst many others), because it is this particular argument that you are making that is nearly impossible to prove if it is true definitively.

Moving clouds with your mind is impossible to prove definitively. And therefore you are making the argument that this phenomena (like many things in this universe) cannot be explained using logic and reason, and I'm sure you'd say the same of the scientific method as well. While this may in fact be true, it does not prove that this phenomena exists, merely that it is beyond our current capability of understanding. In other words, it means that this phenomena shall forever remain a mystery. There would be no way to know if this is true or not, nor would there be any way to know how it happens at all. Therefore you cannot claim this is definitively true without using some other means outside of logic, reason, and evidence; such as intuition.

(now of course, there are plenty who will be quick to discredit the notion of intuition entirely. I'm not personally one of those people, but intuition in itself is not without it's own set of problems. That's of course it's own discussion for another time)

However, intuition is only a self-justifiable method of inquiry. In other words, it can only 'prove' something true to oneself, the person receiving the intuitive insight. Everyone else is left simply to either trust their own intuitions, or use logic and reason to discover the truth of the intuitor's claims. So in essence, you can't prove the existence of something to someone else by stating 'it's just my intuition', because intuition only validates things to the experiencer. Therefore the only real way to prove the existence of something to someone else is by means of logic, reason, evidence, and the scientific method. This is my overall point. Your entire argument is improvable to anyone else, and thus is meaningless to even bring up in debate. If you want to believe in it privately then by all means, do so. Just exclude this from any worthy discussion or debate in the future, cause it will get you nowhere.

2 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Hence these quotes:

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
Nikola Tesla

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."
Nikola Tesla

"The atoms or elementary particles themselves are not real; they form a world of potentialities or possibilities rather than one of things or facts."
Werner Heisenberg

"Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real."
Niels Bohr

Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. Nikola Tesla

I agree with these quotes, however none of these quotes say anything about moving clouds with your mind. Nor do they say anything about proving the truth to other people. Thus they are irrelevant to the topic at hand.

3 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

To me mainstream science has become a joke and it has become more of a religion then anything else. Really I could care less of who mainstream science takes seriously. I lost faith in that institution called mainstream science many years ago.

I have an issue with mainstream science holding to materialist dogma, but to call it all a 'joke' is a bit extreme. Modern science has undoubtedly done many tremendously good things for humanity. It has saved lives, and comforted us in ways we've never known possible until now. This isn't to say that there aren't also many dark and horrible things science has lead us to do, but regardless, I refuse to dismiss science as a whole, as it is one of (if not) the greatest tools humanity has ever invented. And just like any tool, when put in the right hands, it can be a tremendous source of good.

My advise would be to not be so quick to dismiss science off-hand. Be open to criticize scientists when the situation calls for it, yes, but don't dismiss the scientific process. It may not be the only method of inquiry, but it is undoubtedly an important one.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I agree that logic and reason alone may not be able to explain everything in this relativistic universe, but that's not what I'm arguing. I'm not arguing for anything in a vague general sense, merely in regards to the specific instance to which you brought up. Reshaping clouds into specified shapes through one's thoughts is untestable, relativistic, generalistic, undefined, and could easily be explained by other natural means. That's why I originally responded by pointing out this specific argument you made (amongst many others), because it is this particular argument that you are making that is nearly impossible to prove if it is true definitively.

Moving clouds with your mind is impossible to prove definitively. And therefore you are making the argument that this phenomena (like many things in this universe) cannot be explained using logic and reason, and I'm sure you'd say the same of the scientific method as well. While this may in fact be true, it does not prove that this phenomena exists, merely that it is beyond our current capability of understanding. In other words, it means that this phenomena shall forever remain a mystery. There would be no way to know if this is true or not, nor would there be any way to know how it happens at all. Therefore you cannot claim this is definitively true without using some other means outside of logic, reason, and evidence; such as intuition.

(now of course, there are plenty who will be quick to discredit the notion of intuition entirely. I'm not personally one of those people, but intuition in itself is not without it's own set of problems. That's of course it's own discussion for another time)

However, intuition is only a self-justifiable method of inquiry. In other words, it can only 'prove' something true to oneself, the person receiving the intuitive insight. Everyone else is left simply to either trust their own intuitions, or use logic and reason to discover the truth of the intuitor's claims. So in essence, you can't prove the existence of something to someone else by stating 'it's just my intuition', because intuition only validates things to the experiencer. Therefore the only real way to prove the existence of something to someone else is by means of logic, reason, evidence, and the scientific method. This is my overall point. Your entire argument is improvable to anyone else, and thus is meaningless to even bring up in debate. If you want to believe in it privately then by all means, do so. Just exclude this from any worthy discussion or debate in the future, cause it will get you nowhere.

I agree with these quotes, however none of these quotes say anything about moving clouds with your mind. Nor do they say anything about proving the truth to other people. Thus they are irrelevant to the topic at hand.

I have an issue with mainstream science holding to materialist dogma, but to call it all a 'joke' is a bit extreme. Modern science has undoubtedly done many tremendously good things for humanity. It has saved lives, and comforted us in ways we've never known possible until now. This isn't to say that there aren't also many dark and horrible things science has lead us to do, but regardless, I refuse to dismiss science as a whole, as it is one of (if not) the greatest tools humanity has ever invented. And just like any tool, when put in the right hands, it can be a tremendous source of good.

My advise would be to not be so quick to dismiss science off-hand. Be open to criticize scientists when the situation calls for it, yes, but don't dismiss the scientific process. It may not be the only method of inquiry, but it is undoubtedly an important one.

Touché! You make many great points that I can't argue with. Yes also I don't mean to sound like all mainstream science is horrible. Many great things have come from mainstream science. Hell we might still be in the dark ages where the churches ruled if it wasn't for regular science and I am grateful for that.lol! Maybe I wrote it wrong or it was misinterpreted wrong but I really didn't think much of a big deal would be made about dissolving clouds. I really didn't think this was that new to people. Some in here act like I am telling them to stab their eye out or something like that.lol! I just thought it would be fun for people to try and test the power of the mind. But I guess that is just me,I like testing the limits of perception.lol! Well thanks for the nice reply anyway. At least there are some entities in here such as yourself that are not hostile to information they don't agree with. Also great argument on your part.

Edited by Truthseeker007
added word
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Touché! You make many great points that I can't argue with. Yes also I don't mean to sound like all mainstream science is horrible. Many great things have come from mainstream science. Hell we might still be in the dark ages where the churches ruled if it wasn't for regular science and I am grateful for that.lol! Maybe I wrote it wrong or it was misinterpreted wrong but I really didn't think much of a big deal would be made about dissolving clouds. I really didn't think this was that new to people. Some in here act like I am telling them to stab their eye out or something like that.lol! I just thought it would be fun for people to try and test the power of the mind. But I guess that is just me,I like testing the limits of perception.lol! Well thanks for the nice reply anyway. At least there are some entities in here such as yourself that are not hostile to information they don't agree with. Also great argument on your part.

You have officially earned my respect.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2017 at 0:24 PM, Aquila King said:

Reveal hidden contents

mag·ic
ˈmajik/  
noun
noun: magic
  1. 1.
    the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
    "do you believe in magic?"
    synonyms: sorcery, witchcraft, wizardry, necromancy, enchantment, the supernatural, occultism, the occult, black magic, the black arts, voodoo, hoodoo, mojo, shamanism; More
    charm, hex, spell, jinx;
    pixie dust, fairy dust
    • mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment.
      synonyms: conjuring tricks, sleight of hand, legerdemain, illusion, prestidigitation
      "he does magic at children's parties"
    • a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, especially in a way that gives delight.
      "the magic of the theater"
      synonyms: allure, attraction, excitement, fascination, charm, glamour
      "the magic of the stage"
    • informal
      something that has a delightfully unusual quality.
      "their seaside town is pure magic"
adjective
adjective: magic
  1. 1.
    used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.
    "a magic wand"
    synonyms: supernatural, enchanted, occult
    "a magic spell"
    • very effective in producing results, especially desired ones.
      "confidence is the magic ingredient needed to spark recovery"
  2. 2.
    informal
    wonderful; exciting.
    "what a magic moment"
    synonyms: fascinating, captivating, charming, glamorous, magical, enchanting, entrancing, spellbinding, magnetic, irresistible, hypnotic More
    "a magic place"
    marvelous, wonderful, excellent, admirable;
    informalterrific, fabulous, brilliant
    "we were magic together"
verb
verb: magic; 3rd person present: magics; past tense: magicked; past participle: magicked; gerund or present participle: magicking
  1. 1.
    move, change, or create by or as if by magic.
    "he must have been magicked out of the car at the precise second it exploded"
Origin

late Middle English (also in the sense ‘a magical procedure’): from Old French magique, from Latin magicus (adjective), late Latin magica (noun), from Greek magikē (tekhnē ) ‘(art of) a magus’: magi were regarded as magicians.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

magic (adj.) Look up magic at Dictionary.com
late 14c., from Old French magique, from Latin magicus "magic, magical," from Greek magikos, from magike (see magic (n.)). Magic carpet first attested 1816. Magic Marker (1951) is a registered trademark (U.S.) by Speedry Products, Inc., Richmond Hill, N.Y. Magic lantern "optical instrument whereby a magnified image is thrown upon a wall or screen" is 1690s, from Modern Latin laterna magica.
magic (v.) Look up magic at Dictionary.com
1906, from magic (n.).
magic (n.) Look up magic at Dictionary.com
late 14c., "art of influencing events and producing marvels using hidden natural forces," from Old French magique "magic, magical," from Late Latin magice "sorcery, magic," from Greek magike (presumably with tekhne "art"), fem. of magikos "magical," from magos "one of the members of the learned and priestly class," from Old Persian magush, which is possibly from PIE root *magh- "to be able, have power."

Transferred sense of "legerdemain, optical illusion, etc." is from 1811. Displaced Old English wiccecræft (see witch); also drycræft, from dry "magician," from Irish drui "priest, magician" (see druid).

Now, it doesn't matter what you call it, it's gone by many names. For the sake of simplicity, I'll just call it 'Magic'.

What I'm referring to is some sort of mysterious energy or force that exists, that has the power to influence or possibly completely warp reality in accordance with the user's will.

I'm personally very interested in this topic, as in my personal opinion if there is something spiritual that exists in the universe, then it isn't that much of a stretch for magic to (possibly) exist as well. ;)

And if magic does exist, what is it? And how does it work? What resources are available out there? What do we need to learn or do to practice such a craft?

Your thoughts? ^_^

I heard that "quantum theory" presents a probability matrix not unlike "magic"

For example, the Big Bang quantum theory suggests that we are ONE. That is, that everthing was created by a singularity.

What's more, the expansion of this primordial sigularity neccessitates a "connection" of all expanded phenom.

On 19. 10. 2017 at 11:46 PM, Podo said:

True mages do not boast and do not show their abilities. These are not clowns from the circus. Read Magic Literature. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Lumpino said:

True mages do not boast and do not show their abilities. These are not clowns from the circus. Read Magic Literature. :rolleyes:

Ah, the tired old "No True Scotsman" argument, in its natural habitat! I was wondering when it would rear its head.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2017 at 0:24 PM, Aquila King said:

Reveal hidden contents

mag·ic
ˈmajik/  
noun
noun: magic
  1. 1.
    the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
    synonyms: sorcery, witchcraft, wizardry, necromancy, enchantment, the supernatural, occultism, the occult, black magic, the black arts, voodoo, hoodoo, mojo, shamanism; More
    charm, hex, spell, jinx;
    pixie dust, fairy dust
    • mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment.
      synonyms: conjuring tricks, sleight of hand, legerdemain, illusion, prestidigitation
      "he does magic at children's parties"
    • a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, especially in a way that gives delight.
      "the magic of the theater"
      synonyms: allure, attraction, excitement, fascination, charm, glamour
      "the magic of the stage"
    • informal
      something that has a delightfully unusual quality.
      "their seaside town is pure magic"
adjective
adjective: magic
  1. 1.
    used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.
    "a magic wand"
    synonyms: supernatural, enchanted, occult
    "a magic spell"
    • very effective in producing results, especially desired ones.
      "confidence is the magic ingredient needed to spark recovery"
  2. 2.
    informal
    wonderful; exciting.
    "what a magic moment"
    synonyms: fascinating, captivating, charming, glamorous, magical, enchanting, entrancing, spellbinding, magnetic, irresistible, hypnotic More
    "a magic place"
    marvelous, wonderful, excellent, admirable;
    informalterrific, fabulous, brilliant
    "we were magic together"
verb
verb: magic; 3rd person present: magics; past tense: magicked; past participle: magicked; gerund or present participle: magicking
  1. 1.
    move, change, or create by or as if by magic.
    "he must have been magicked out of the car at the precise second it exploded"
Origin

late Middle English (also in the sense ‘a magical procedure’): from Old French magique, from Latin magicus (adjective), late Latin magica (noun), from Greek magikē (tekhnē ) ‘(art of) a magus’: magi were regarded as magicians.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

magic (adj.) Look up magic at Dictionary.com
late 14c., from Old French magique, from Latin magicus "magic, magical," from Greek magikos, from magike (see magic (n.)). Magic carpet first attested 1816. Magic Marker (1951) is a registered trademark (U.S.) by Speedry Products, Inc., Richmond Hill, N.Y. Magic lantern "optical instrument whereby a magnified image is thrown upon a wall or screen" is 1690s, from Modern Latin laterna magica.
magic (v.) Look up magic at Dictionary.com
1906, from magic (n.).
magic (n.) Look up magic at Dictionary.com
late 14c., "art of influencing events and producing marvels using hidden natural forces," from Old French magique "magic, magical," from Late Latin magice "sorcery, magic," from Greek magike (presumably with tekhne "art"), fem. of magikos "magical," from magos "one of the members of the learned and priestly class," from Old Persian magush, which is possibly from PIE root *magh- "to be able, have power."

Transferred sense of "legerdemain, optical illusion, etc." is from 1811. Displaced Old English wiccecræft (see witch); also drycræft, from dry "magician," from Irish drui "priest, magician" (see druid).

Now, it doesn't matter what you call it, it's gone by many names. For the sake of simplicity, I'll just call it 'Magic'.

What I'm referring to is some sort of mysterious energy or force that exists, that has the power to influence or possibly completely warp reality in accordance with the user's will.

I'm personally very interested in this topic, as in my personal opinion if there is something spiritual that exists in the universe, then it isn't that much of a stretch for magic to (possibly) exist as well. ;)

And if magic does exist, what is it? And how does it work? What resources are available out there? What do we need to learn or do to practice such a craft?

Your thoughts? ^_^

Sure magic exists... just look at the weirdness of quantum physics.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2017 at 5:23 PM, Podo said:

And we have all heard about people who can 'bend' spoons with their minds...or 'levitate' objects.  Drop a quarter...it is going to hit the floor!  No amount of thinking can stop that occurrence....ever!

However....if someone 'believes' that you have that power...then you are able to exercise a degree of control of that person.  Many swear that Voodoo is real...but it is only real to those who fear it.  Magic is the same....belief happens in all areas....just because one believes a thing to be true doesn't mean that it is....but the one who is doing the 'believing' to them it is true...whether it is magic or voodoo or religion or whatever....and that also applies to Quantum Physics....

....many believe much about QP ...to the point that for some it is a religion...better not tell these people that reality doesn't phase in and out...it is heresy.   Oh god, I just opened a pandora's box diddle I?

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2017 at 4:44 PM, Truthseeker007 said:

I can't watch the video from where I am at. Hey believe what you want I know myself what I can do with clouds. If you don't believe it then so be it. I'm not going to try to change your mind or even care to.

If you can manipulate clouds with your mind...then you should be able to spray water into the air and manipulate those water droplets as well...or is there something special about clouds?

• Like 1

magic is so close to you that you are not capable of recognizing it.

like a fish, unaware of the existence of water, until pulled out of it.

look into the night sky

look into your own body

magic... everywhere

or gas.  maybe it's gas.

• Like 2

I guess a legitimate question might be:

Can "willpower" directly influence quantum events which, by extension, would influence macro-reality?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, joc said:

If you can manipulate clouds with your mind...then you should be able to spray water into the air and manipulate those water droplets as well...or is there something special about clouds?

I'm sure that is all possible and even create clouds and make it rain. For myself I have only tried the cloud bursting. When I get time I will try making a cloud as silly as that sounds.. Well I guess clouds are simple because they are just tiny droplets of water and gas.

4 minutes ago, pallidin said:

I guess a legitimate question might be:

Can "willpower" directly influence quantum events which, by extension, would influence macro-reality?

I think so. Have you ever heard of the The Philip Experiment?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I think so. Have you ever heard of the The Philip Experiment?

I haven't.

42 minutes ago, pallidin said:

I haven't.

It kind of pertains to what you said:

In the 1970's, a group of Canadian parapsychologists wanted to attempt an experiment to create a ghost, proving their theory that the human mind can produce spirits through expectation, imagination and visualization.

The actual experiment took place in Toronto, Canada, in 1972, under the direction of the world-renown expert on poltergeists, Dr A. R. G. Owen.

The members of the experiment proposed an idea... by using extreme and prolonged concentration, they could create their ghost through a collective thought form: Non-physical entities which exist in either the mental or astral plane. In order to create this ghost and make it as 'real' as possible, it needed a life story; a background in which the ghost could 'relate' to.

They named the ghost they were attempting to bring into focus "Philip Aylesford" and created a tragic story, explaining to the fullest and in great detail, his life, and the few actions that lead to his tragic death.

Step two was contacting Philip. In September 1972, the group began their "sittings"

Read on:

http://www.time-loops.net/Experiment_Philip.htm