Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CIA informant claimed Hitler survived WWII

UM-Bot

When pondering if Hitler escaped it is worthwhile to look at a few points before jumping to the conclusion "Yes he did":

- Hitler was a dying man at the time. His health had been going downhill fast for quite a time so we are talking about smuggling out a very sick man, who also just happens to be the most wanted and recognisable man in the World, without anyone noticing.

- If Hitler escaped he would have had help. What are the chances that no one ever tried to use their knowledge of Hitlers escape as a way to save themselves from persecution ?

- What country would risk becomming the enemy of all the major powers if it came out that they had helped him ?

- After the Nazi's lost Word War 2 in a very comprehensive manner, what would be the point of harbouring Hitler in the first place ? What was there to gain by doing that ?

- Not a single piece of verifiable evidence have ever been found suggesting he escaped. 

- The skull that is often mentioned in this regard was only found quite a bit after the war and some people thought that it might be Hitlers. The real body was found right after the battle of Berlin by a special SMERSH unit (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMERSH)  and was identified via Hitlers dental records. 

- I see people saying that Hitler was too much of a coward to commit suicide, but isn't suicide in itself a cowards way to escape the consequences of his actions ? Several of his henchmen commited suicide, such as Himler, Göring and Goebbels, so why is it so unreasonable to think Hitler did the same thing ?  

On 15/9/2017 at 4:04 PM, aztek said:

or Antarctica, where Germans had submarine base under the ice

I would love to see your verifiable evidence that the Germans had a submarine base in Antartica ?

• Like 5

Yes, many nazis fled to South-America by using the 'rat-line' but I don't believe this in his case. The first important question is how could it be possible for him to escape the siege in Berlin, unless he did it a few months earlier. Secondly, they did not only find skulls but also set of teeth which proved that it was him.
Thirdly there were witnesses who described his suicide.
And why should he choose a conspicious fake name like Adolph Schüttelmayer. Why didn't he choose a common name like 'Merkel' or 'Schulz', while keeping his first name?
The picture has poor quality (as usual) and he would had surely disguised himself.
No, this is not him and he is surely stone-dead now.

• Like 2

On 9/15/2017 at 3:04 PM, aztek said:

one thing we know for sure, the piece of scull, that is  in soviet archives, and supposed to be part of Hitler scull with bullet hole in it, belongs to a female. not Hitler

i have hard time believing he committed suicide. with so many ways out, he did not have to, he could have gone either to Argentina, or Antarctica, where Germans had submarine base under the ice

Why on EARTH would the Germans build a submarine base "under the ice" in the Antartic ? It's thousands of miles away from any important shipping lanes. Surely a U-boat would run out of fuel just getting FROM the base TO the shipping lanes ? Let alone to/from Germany itself. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Why on EARTH would the Germans build a submarine base "under the ice" in the Antartic ?

https://ottawarewind.com/2016/01/11/raiders-of-antarktika-secret-ww2-nazi-mission-exposed-on-wikileaks/

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/03/antarcticas-secret-nazi-base-separating-the-fact-from-fake-news/

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/233534/neuschwabenland_the_secret_german_base_in_antarctica/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/science/massive-object-hidden-under-antarctic-9530858

there are a lot of "alien" stories attached to that, which i do not buy, but base itself, i have no reason to doubt, there would be 1 major reason, that i can think of, they could get there, no one else could. it may not have much purpose for ww2 itself, but they were thinking 1000 years global rule. not just ww2 in europe and africa

Edited by aztek

19 minutes ago, aztek said:

Its amazing how an expedition of a single ship (MS Schwabenland) have gone on to spawn so many conspiracy theories. :no: 

The link you posted have no evidence at all for a secret Nazi's base. The images shown of the "Nazi base" have this little disclaimer attached to them:  (fictional composite photo)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Why on EARTH would the Germans build a submarine base "under the ice" in the Antartic ? It's thousands of miles away from any important shipping lanes. Surely a U-boat would run out of fuel just getting FROM the base TO the shipping lanes ? Let alone to/from Germany itself. 

It is certainly hard enough to supply a base in Antartica at the best of times, but to do so secretly and with no resources from your homeland (Germany was occupied at the time) is close to impossible.

17 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

It is certainly hard enough to supply a base in Antartica at the best of times, but to do so secretly and with no resources from your homeland (Germany was occupied at the time) is close to impossible.

not really impossible, submarines can get there with no problems, just refuel half way

20 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Its amazing how an expedition of a single ship (MS Schwabenland) have gone on to spawn so many conspiracy theories. :no: 

1 ship? germans started antarctica expeditions in early 1900,

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/tierra_hueca/esp_tierra_hueca_3.htm

http://www.south-pole.com/p0000103.htm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/secret-nazi-military-base-russian-scientists-alexandra-land-a7373401.html

Edited by aztek

44 minutes ago, aztek said:

not really impossible, submarines can get there with no problems,

Never said it was impossible, but it would be so difficult that I hardly see the point. What were the Nazi's hoping to achieve from Antartica ?

Why place a naval base far away from any worthwhile targets ?

There are a lot more to a base than just getting there. You have to feed the crew, heat the installation, have fuel to get back, medical equipment and many other things, all the while without anybody noticing anything. The Eastern front showed us that German equipment wasn't really all that suited to arctic condistions in the first place. 

just refuel half way

Refuel where ? Who in their right mind would provide the resorces for a Nazi U-boat base ? remember Germany was occupied at the time, so there was no help from home.

I never claimed that there was only one German expedition to Antartica, but the conspiracies allways center on the one done by MS Schwabenland, hence why I specifically named the ship.

The third link is about a base in the Artic, which I think you will find is about as far away from the Antarctic as you can get. Unless you also believe in the Nazi Moon base ?

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Refuel where ? Who in their right mind would provide the resorces for a Nazi U-boat base ? remember Germany was occupied at the time, so there was no help from home.

in the middle of the ocean by tanker ship, the way it is done for century by pretty much every naval power

Edited by aztek

22 minutes ago, aztek said:

in the middle of the ocean by tanker ship, the way it is done for century by pretty much every naval power

Which brings the question: Where does the tanker come from ? 

We are essentially back to the question why are they doing this ?

If you for some reason like to imagine the existence of a secret Nazi U-boat base where Hitler lives I can't really change that. I just don't understand the need to think Hitler survived and the Nazi's are secret hiding somewhere ?

20 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Which brings the question: Where does the tanker come from ? 

We are essentially back to the question why are they doing this ?

If you for some reason like to imagine the existence of a secret Nazi U-boat base where Hitler lives I can't really change that. I just don't understand the need to think Hitler survived and the Nazi's are secret hiding somewhere ?

from any German controlled port, from germany itself, italy, spain, to africa, or even japan,

i do not believe Hitler lives there, nor i'm 100% sure he escaped, i just see it as possibility. as far as bases, there is no question they are there. they also had submarine bases on opposite pole, soviets found them and reused them after ww2, they were secret untill 1990s, i was just lucky enough to have ex soviet navy officer in my family, whose words i would take over any website. but i do not expect you to take mine, thou,

as to question why, it would be very important closer to the end of the war, when allies were kicking their a$$, and bombing factories, including those developing secret wonder weapons, under the antarctic ice, no one would get them there. safest place in the world at that time, not that i think they made anything there, as some stories say, (admiral bird failed mission) but i would have no issue believing they tried to do just that. and brought resources there. many of such factories were moved, and never have been found. also officers responsible for them disappeared, and never seen again. 

yes there is a lot of exaggerations, and outright legends attached to German wonder weapon programs, but they did exist, v1-v2, me 262 are resuts of them. 

Edited by aztek

33 minutes ago, aztek said:

from any German controlled port, from germany itself,

Germany was blockaded and from 1943 the allied controlled the Atlantic.

italy,

Italy surrendered in 1943.

spain,

Spain was neutral in World War 2 and due to the intense annimosity btween Hitler and Franco it is very unlikely that he would have helped the Germans.

to africa,

After 1943 the axis powers had been expelled from all parts of Africa.

or even japan,

Japan had its own problem even supllying their own needs, so it is very unlikly that they would divert resources to a German U-boat base in the most remote part of the World.

i do not believe Hitler lives there, nor i'm 100% sure he escaped, i just see it as possibility. as far as bases, there is no question they are there. they also had submarine bases on opposite pole, soviets found them and reused them after ww2, they were secret untill 1990s, i was just lucky enough to have ex soviet navy officer in my family, whose words i would take over any website. but i do not expect you to take mine, thou,

They did indeed have bases in the arctic. For example they had U-boat bases in Norway and they tried to establish weather stations in Greenland.  I am not in any way shape or form denying that bases in the artic existed, but that is not in any way evidence for a base in Antartica. Antactica is as far away from the Arctic as you can get (I do believe I allready wrote that earlier). The North Pole is under water and ice, so not really a suitable place for a U-boat base. It wasn't possible to get a submarine there until the development of nuclear submarines.

as to question why, it would be very important closer to the end of the war, when allies were kicking their a$$, and bombing factories, including those developing secret wonder weapons, under the antarctic ice, no one would get them there.

But how do you transport a factory, and the raw materials needed by that factory, through hostile waters without anybody noticing ? 

safest place in the world at that time, not that i think they made anything there, as some stories say, (admiral bird failed mission) but i would have no issue believing they tried to do just that. and brought resources there. many of such factories were moved, and never have been found. also officers responsible for them disappeared, and never seen again. 

yes there is a lot of exaggerations, and outright legends attached to German wonder weapon programs, but they did exist, v1-v2, me 262 are resuts of them. 

No one is disputing the existence of the "Wunderwaffen". In fact I have seen V-1 missiles and V-2 rockets myself. There is evidence that they existed. Not so with Hitlers escape, nor the existence of a base in Antartica. 

We know where those weapons were made. The V-1 and V-2 were made in Mittelwerk. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mittelwerk

Making the Me262 in Antactica wasn't going to help in overcomming the basic flaws in the plane: The lack of alloys to make durable engines, the lack of fuel to fly them and the lack of experienced pilots.

Once you begin to look at the logistics of it it doesn't make any sense to use Antarctica as a manufaturing plant. It simply lacks everything you need.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Germany was blockaded and from 1943 the allied controlled the Atlantic.

Italy surrendered in 1943.

Spain was neutral in World War 2 and due to the intense annimosity btween Hitler and Franco it is very unlikely that he would have helped the Germans.

After 1943 the axis powers had been expelled from all parts of Africa.

Japan had its own problem even supllying their own needs, so it is very unlikly that they would divert resources to a German U-boat base in the most remote part of the World.

They did indeed have bases in the arctic. For example they had U-boat bases in Norway and they tried to establish weather stations in Greenland.  I am not in any way shape or form denying that bases in the artic existed, but that is not in any way evidence for a base in Antartica. Antactica is as far away from the Arctic as you can get (I do believe I allready wrote that earlier). The North Pole is under water and ice, so not really a suitable place for a U-boat base. It wasn't possible to get a submarine there until the development of nuclear submarines.

But how do you transport a factory, and the raw materials needed by that factory, through hostile waters without anybody noticing ? 

No one is disputing the existence of the "Wunderwaffen". In fact I have seen V-1 missiles and V-2 rockets myself. There is evidence that they existed. Not so with Hitlers escape, nor the existence of a base in Antartica. 

We know where those weapons were made. The V-1 and V-2 were made in Mittelwerk. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mittelwerk

Making the Me262 in Antactica wasn't going to help in overcomming the basic flaws in the plane: The lack of alloys to make durable engines, the lack of fuel to fly them and the lack of experienced pilots.

Once you begin to look at the logistics of it it doesn't make any sense to use Antarctica as a manufaturing plant. It simply lacks everything you need.

So are you saying that the reptilians weren't helping them? I was sure that they were, I mean it was on Star Trek.:rolleyes:

jmccr8

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:22 PM, HauntedDreams80 said:

I'm leaning towards the opinion that Hitler survived and it was a double to committed suicide. Are the supposed remains still available for dna testing?

The Russians have already done DNA testing on the bones 10-20 years back and the results were than the skeleton was female.

It wouldnt surprise me to find Hitler surrendered to either the UK or USA in a desperate move to avoid captured by the Russians who would have tortured him. Then he would have spent the remainder of his days living under house arrest somewhere remote. With extra care being taken to prevent another Napoleon coming back for a 2nd go.

I think thats where all the gold went - buying off the US or UK in return for not prosecuting him and letting him leave his days out (albeit under house arrest).

Edited by RabidMongoose

I doubt Hitler could have remained  hidden I mean he had a pretty recognisable face.and without definitive proof it's just another conspiracy theory 

15 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

The Russians have already done DNA testing on the bones 10-20 years back and the results were than the skeleton was female.

The skull fragment in question was thought by some people to be Hitlers, while in reality Hitlers body was recovered and removed by a special SMERTCH unit before said fragment was uncovered. The recovery of Hitlers body was a secret until the end of the Cold War. In the aftermath of the battle for Berlin somebody found a skull fragment near Hitlers last known whereabout and saw that there was a bullet hole in it and since Hitler was said to have shot himself in the head they thought it might have been his. They had no way of knowing it was Hitlers and since a lot of people commited suicide at that time the chance of it being Hitlers was never very great to begin with. The whole problem arose because Stalin insisted of keeping the whereabout of Hitlers body a secret. Why he did that is anybodys guees, people tended to not question Stalins orders. :rolleyes:

It wouldnt surprise me to find Hitler surrendered to either the UK or USA in a desperate move to avoid captured by the Russians who would have tortured him. Then he would have spent the remainder of his days living under house arrest somewhere remote. With extra care being taken to prevent another Napoleon coming back for a 2nd go.

I think thats where all the gold went - buying off the US or UK in return for not prosecuting him and letting him leave his days out (albeit under house arrest).

What would any country hope to achive by sheltering Hitler ? If it came out they would be hated by pretty much the rest of the World. So why risk it ?

In short: What possible use did they have for a mass murdering madman ?

The problem with Hitler surrendering to the British or Americans is how he managed to reach them. It's easy to say that he was replaced by a double, but given the number of interactions he had with people who'd known him for years, right up to the day of his death, when was this switch supposed to happen? And after that, how did he get out of Berlin? The Soviets had pretty much complete control of the air, and had surrounded Berlin on the ground by 22 April, so he was unlikely to be able to get out by land or air after that date.

Here's a fun activity: watch the movie "Downfall", then come back and tell us when the switch was made. (Yes, the movie with the scene where Hitler loses it when his generals tell the truth of the military situation which people have used to make all sorts of memes.)

• 3 months later...

The informants whose information Trevor Roper relied upon in his investigation of the alleged suicide of Hitler were all Hitler's most loyal and trusted aides, who, if Hitler had escaped, would have every reason to stick to the cover story. One was said to have boasted afterwards that the British officer swallowed everything that he was told. It seems that none of the major intelligence organisations (British, US or Soviet) accepted the story at face value and continued to search for the Fuhrer for many years afterwards. The recent US television series used declassified CIA and FBI files as the starting point of their investigations, and found a ton of supporting evidence, including interviews with people in South America who saw and recognised Hitler. They were even able to track his escape route with some precision. On balance, I think the probability that he did escape would be about 75%.

5 hours ago, Carl G. said:

The informants whose information Trevor Roper relied upon in his investigation of the alleged suicide of Hitler were all Hitler's most loyal and trusted aides, who, if Hitler had escaped, would have every reason to stick to the cover story.

How was Hitler supposed to ascape from Berlin ? It was surrounded by Soviet troops at the time and I hardly think they would let him through their lines.

Hitlers close associates like Himmler and Göring were quite prepared to go against Hitler to make peace with the allies. They weren't as loyal and trusted as they used to be. 

In the situation Germany was in it would be much more likely that anyone who had information of Hitlers whereabout would use it to their own advantage, such as giving Hitler to the allies in exchange for immunity. That is much more likely than supporting a defeated and dying man.

We know that Hitler himself said that he would die in Berlin, does that not count for more than idle specualtion ? Anyone who knows about Hitlers personality agrees that this was the most likely outcome after Hitler finally admitted defeat.

One was said to have boasted afterwards that the British officer swallowed everything that he was told.

Luckily today we have a lot more information than they had just after the war.

It seems that none of the major intelligence organisations (British, US or Soviet) accepted the story at face value and continued to search for the Fuhrer for many years afterwards.

The Soviets knew what happened to Hitler. If Hitler had escaped I'm pretty sure they would have made his capture their top priority, after what he did to them. As i happens they didn't spend a lot of resources looking for Hitler because they knew he was dead.

The recent US television series used declassified CIA and FBI files as the starting point of their investigations, and found a ton of supporting evidence, including interviews with people in South America who saw and recognised Hitler.

Plenty of people saw Osama Bin Laden all over the World after 9/11. Were any of those sightings actually true ?

They were even able to track his escape route with some precision. On balance, I think the probability that he did escape would be about 75%.

Then again as I recall you also believe the Germans had nuclear weapons and flying saucers, so.............. 

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 1

Yeah, I wonder exactly what the point would have been. 

What usefulness could he have retained? 

15 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Yeah, I wonder exactly what the point would have been. 

What usefulness could he have retained? 

I ask this very question everytime this comes up. So far no one have answered it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Carl G. said:

The informants whose information Trevor Roper relied upon in his investigation of the alleged suicide of Hitler were all Hitler's most loyal and trusted aides, who, if Hitler had escaped, would have every reason to stick to the cover story. One was said to have boasted afterwards that the British officer swallowed everything that he was told. It seems that none of the major intelligence organisations (British, US or Soviet) accepted the story at face value and continued to search for the Fuhrer for many years afterwards. The recent US television series used declassified CIA and FBI files as the starting point of their investigations, and found a ton of supporting evidence, including interviews with people in South America who saw and recognised Hitler. They were even able to track his escape route with some precision. On balance, I think the probability that he did escape would be about 75%.

Nope, the intelligence organisations collected "evidence" that Hitler may have escaped. Your 75% is all hearsay.

I have grave doubts about how he might have got to South America. I really don't believe he survived his war, but I am reasonably confident that he is dead now! This subject appears to come to life every now and then for no good reason.