Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prison

Ogbin

The illusion I lived,

Was the reality it became,

Never was I the one,

But others were to blame.

I knew I was right,

And that they were all wrong,

Just let me live my life I said,

Just leave me alone!

I pushed them away,

Family and friend,

So I could live my life,

not caring about the end.

Never was I thinking about the future,

Living only in my past,

Help is what I needed,

But I was to afraid to ask.

So as the years went by,

Living in my Drug induced state,

Was I ever going to realize,

My life had been driven by hate?

Then one day yes,

The Sun did rise,

On my cell door,

But not to my surprise.

Life had gotten crazy,

Indeed, out of control,

Now I sit and contemplate,

Awaiting my parole.

• Like 6

• 7 months later...

I thought I should tell the meaning behind this poem..

Three years ago I was in a bad state of mind. I allowed myself to get caught up in drinking and drugging while I was living on the streets, thinking that that was the solution to my problems. I was a very angry person at that time. I'm sure some of you remember some of my posts as being negative and not very nice (for the which I do apologize!). I was doing a lot of street fighting at the time. Well one day it all caught up to me. I had hurt someone and put them in the hospital (by no means am I proud of this, what I did was wrong!). After this I was arrested and eventually sentenced to 24 months in prison. While I was at the prison processing center I wrote this poem, my one and only poem I have ever wrote. In the poem I speak of the sun rising on my cell door. This is for two reasons. One, I was of the few who were blessed to have sunshine in there cell. And two, I was coming to the realization that my life was not at all what it should of or could have been. I had became a nasty hurtful person who went out of his way to tare people down and hurt them. Sometimes we all can get caught up in ourselves and not realize what truly is important in life. Did I want to go to prison? NO! But I thank God I did. Through this experience I came to realize that I have so much more potential than I had led my self to believe. I hope you enjoy this poem which is from my heart and that you all now know just a little bit of me.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ogbin said:

I thought I should tell the meaning behind this poem..

Three years ago I was in a bad state of mind. I allowed myself to get caught up in drinking and drugging while I was living on the streets, thinking that that was the solution to my problems. I was a very angry person at that time. I'm sure some of you remember some of my posts as being negative and not very nice (for the which I do apologize!). I was doing a lot of street fighting at the time. Well one day it all caught up to me. I had hurt someone and put them in the hospital (by no means am I proud of this, what I did was wrong!). After this I was arrested and eventually sentenced to 24 months in prison. While I was at the prison processing center I wrote this poem, my one and only poem I have ever wrote. In the poem I speak of the sun rising on my cell door. This is for two reasons. One, I was of the few who were blessed to have sunshine in there cell. And two, I was coming to the realization that my life was not at all what it should of or could have been. I had became a nasty hurtful person who went out of his way to tare people down and hurt them. Sometimes we all can get caught up in ourselves and not realize what truly is important in life. Did I want to go to prison? NO! But I thank God I did. Through this experience I came to realize that I have so much more potential than I had led my self to believe. I hope you enjoy this poem which is from my heart and that you all now know just a little bit of me.

It takes intelligence and strength to change.

So be proud :)

And please write more poetry because you are very good!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1