Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why is it spirituality vs skepticism?

rodentraiser

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Fish, I care, and I'm going to speak about how you are a hypocrite. You get your panties in such a wad because somebody has "harmed" you, when perhaps you just don't care about what they're doing which isn't being harmful at all.

But you do harm with purposeful intent don't you.

Will give up with this pseudo psychologist approach to me. I say what I say because I can say it. I am not here to make you or anyone else feel good. No one is here to make me feel good. If I really wanted to insult someone I'd do it in the harshest way possible. I would make it a direct attack on the person themselves in a very personal way. To be honest with you. You're like talking to a brick wall at times. You come at people high and might because of what? Reasons? That book you're always talking about? What will? What makes you better than anyone else. I'm tossing the ball back in your court. Either we play this game, derail the thread further or you stop playing. I'd rather you stop playing. Because if this continues a few things will happen.

1)I add you to my ignore list.

2)We mutually disagree and move on.

3)I end up doing what I used to do and get another 3 day ban.

4)A mod locks the thread.

5)All of the above.

What's your choice?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

There is nothing mystical or psychic about it, just psychological. 

Just because it's psychological, doesn't mean it isn't psychic. ;)

11 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Fish, I care, and I'm going to speak about how you are a hypocrite. You get your panties in such a wad because somebody has "harmed" you, when perhaps you just don't care about what they're doing which isn't being harmful at all.

But you do harm with purposeful intent don't you.

:huh: Rather pious and condescending much

• Like 1

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

What's your definition of skepticism?

Oh well, I am such a tricky fellow, I follow accepted definitions   :rolleyes: ,  In the apparently mistaken view in , that way we should all be able to communicate ;

" in Western philosophy, the attitude of doubting knowledge claims set forth in various areas. Skeptics have challenged the adequacy or reliability of these claims by asking what principles they are based upon or what they actually establish. "

-  but we rarely get answers to the 2nd sentence with some people  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Will give up with this pseudo psychologist approach to me. I say what I say because I can say it. I am not here to make you or anyone else feel good. No one is here to make me feel good. If I really wanted to insult someone I'd do it in the harshest way possible. I would make it a direct attack on the person themselves in a very personal way. To be honest with you. You're like talking to a brick wall at times. You come at people high and might because of what? Reasons? That book you're always talking about? What will? What makes you better than anyone else. I'm tossing the ball back in your court. Either we play this game, derail the thread further or you stop playing. I'd rather you stop playing. Because if this continues a few things will happen.

1)I add you to my ignore list.

2)We mutually disagree and move on.

3)I end up doing what I used to do and get another 3 day ban.

4)A mod locks the thread.

5)All of the above.

What's your choice?

To care. Move on Fish. I am.

Just now, Aquila King said:

Just because it's psychological, doesn't mean it isn't psychic.

Um, the origin of the word psychic comes from psyche is in consciousness. So it is psychological.:sm

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Um, the origin of the word psychic comes from psyche is in consciousness. So it is psychological.:sm

Yeah, that's kinda my whole point.

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Or in plain language it's God-consciousness for some.

For those who disagree, it's psychological. 

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

You're doing that damn riddle thing again. Say it plainly. I haven't got the patience for this tonight.

Well, I never would have believed I would have said this .... but here goes  ;

Will .... perhaps it is better if you stick to quoting the Urantia Book !        :o

• Like 2

Just now, back to earth said:

Well, I never would have believed I would have said this .... but here goes  ;

Will .... perhaps it is better if you stick to quoting the Urantia Book !        :o

144709309913064005.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Or in plain language it's God-consciousness for some.

God is like a drug. So god consciousness is basically a drugged mind.

For those who disagree, it's psychological. 

They would be right, it is psychological. It's all psychological and subjective. 

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

To be consistent Fish, tell me how it isn't (beyond any and all doubt) psychological to think (believe), that belief in God is psychological. 

Edited by Will Due

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

:mellow: So apparently I can't quote a quote within a quote... Otherwise I'd quote you Xeno.

That would be quoteception.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

To be consistent Fish, tell me how it isn't (beyond any and all doubt) psychological to think (believe), that belief in God is psychological. 

implied-facepalm-when-something-is-just-

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Just because it's psychological, doesn't mean it isn't psychic. ;)

I'd prefer  ;   Just because it's psychological, doesn't mean it isn't of the psyche .

Do you know the etymology of the word psychic  ?

1872, "of or pertaining to the human soul" (earlier psychical, 1640s), from Greek psykhikos "of the soul, spirit, or mind" (opposed to somatikos), also (New Testament) "concerned with the life only, animal, natural," from psykhe "soul, mind, life"

somatikos - relating to the body, especially as distinct from the mind .

basically - the 'material body '  /   ' the mind '  : the real / the ideal  . 

Something 'psychic or of the psyche does not have to be 'supernatural '  .....
the modern meaning is new age woowoo .

28 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

:huh: Rather pious and condescending much

You mean  'religious ' ?

• Like 3

Just now, XenoFish said:

implied-facepalm-when-something-is-just-

Wow Fish. Come on. Do better than that please.

How isn't it psychological to think believing in God is psychological?

It's an honest question and you know it.

Just now, Will Due said:

Wow Fish. Come on. Do better than that please.

How isn't it psychological to think believing in God is psychological?

It's an honest question and you know it.

It's a stupid question. A really stupid question. It's not even a question at all. God's just a cultural idea. A thought. Nothing more. 

The idea of god or anything positive associated to god not only changes your subjective filter, but releases both dopamine and seratonin. You know what else can release dopamine? Cocaine. Sex. A good meal. I'm starting to sound like Davros.....

• Like 1