Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why is it spirituality vs skepticism?

rodentraiser

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

~image snip~

the Malaysia version :

[00.00:31]

~

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Sorry. I'm tired.

This section isn't the best for one who is not seriously questioning, you won't find the kind of support or conversion you are seeking. 

The very few like this who stick around start to martyr themselves for fear of letting go of the only way they know, that probably helped them survive something, this applies to the non believers too.

I know it is hard to hear, I had to once too, but clinging to a belief so much that it makes you angry, defensive, isolated, you against them (God or not god) perhaps is an oppourtunity for some much needed self reflection. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4

Time for a bit of jim Croce :

~

[00.03:04]

~

Edited by third_eye
sleep deprivation
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

clinging to a belief so much that it makes you angry (God or not god) perhaps is an oppourtunity for some self reflection. 

Bingo was his name oh. Have your faith, do not become your faith. This is the reason I do not want to become a 'thing'. I'm belief-fluid based on new evidence, sometimes I'm belief-gaseous. Well just gaseous.:lol:

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Look, you want to play around with this is there a God BS, go right ahead. Have fun.

The Urantia Book? Jesus H. Fing Christ.

GOD IS REAL AND HE'S TIRED OF SENDING HIS CHILDREN DOWN HERE SO A BUNCH OF FOAMING AT THE MOUTH NUT JOB THERE IS NO GOD IDIOTS CAN MURDER THEM FOR BRIINGING US THE MESSAGE THAT HE'S REAL. 

So this time he just sent a postcard.

all-hail-the-nnxcka.jpg

• Like 2

Caps Lock Extremist ... the most terrifying form of forum posting terrorism ...

~

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Bingo was his name oh. Have your faith, do not become your faith. This is the reason I do not want to become a 'thing'. I'm belief-fluid based on new evidence, sometimes I'm belief-gaseous. Well just gaseous.:lol:

Exactly, and this can apply to the non believers too. It did to me once too. 

There is no one way, the key is to see the sameness not the differences. 

Gosh, it would suck to see Will go the way of anger, arrogance, bellittling, and holier than thou to be right. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Will Due, I think you finally snapped there. :blink:

I've done that too sorta but, DAAAYM...

Indeed, the mask is off and the work starts. We have all been here.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Indeed, the mask is off and the work starts. We have all been here.

If only we could all just start out showing our true colors rather than having to bring each other to the tipping point...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

This section isn't the best for one who is not seriously questioning, you won't find the kind of support or conversion you are seeking. 

The very few like this who stick around start to martyr themselves for fear of letting go of the only way they know, that probably helped them survive something. 

I know it is hard to hear, I had to once too, but clinging to a belief so much that it makes you angry (God or not god) perhaps is an oppourtunity for some self reflection. 

Sorry Sheri, you completely don't understand. 

First, I am not interested in seeing if somebody can persuade me that I don't know what I'm talking about or what I believe. 

Second, I'm not trying to convert anyone.

I've been exposed to doubt about God my entire life. Family mainly. I'm as hard as steel. My faith is more solid than concrete.

I would just like to present you with the postcard I mentioned above. It's for everybody and there's a sweet message on the back side. Don't want to turn it over, no problem.

I apologize for my antics.

I'll go stand in the corner now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I would just like to present you with the postcard I mentioned above. It's for everybody and there's a sweet message on the back side. Don't want to turn it over, no problem.

It's not the postcard, it's in how you present it. Like the few who've made assumptions in this thread. They speak in absolutes. It seems I do at times, but what I say is based on breaking my once faith down and looking at the mental mechanics to it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Good to know. :tu: Thanks.

I promise you I was burning down thread with a full onslaught of memes before you joined.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I promise you I was burning down thread with a full onslaught of memes before you joined.

Back when internet memes first started out I was like: "Ha, this is funny but this'll definitely get old real soon." :rolleyes:

I was never more wrong in my entire life... :mellow:

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

If only we could all just start out showing our true colors rather than having to bring each other to the tipping point...

22 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Sorry Sheri, you completely don't understand. 

First, I am not interested in seeing if somebody can persuade me that I don't know what I'm talking about or what I believe. 

Second, I'm not trying to convert anyone.

I've been exposed to doubt about God my entire life. Family mainly. I'm as hard as steel. My faith is more solid than concrete.

And, yet, your last sentence is still trying to convince me that I am in need of something, in specific your brand. Will, I say this gently, you are practicing arrogance, not tolerance. Your brand has nothing for me. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

And, yet, your last sentence is still trying to convince me that I am in need of something, in specific your brand. Will, I say this gently, you are practicing arrogance, not tolerance. Your brand has nothing for me. 

I'm not sure whether Will's one of those 'Hellfire believers', but if he is, then he has plenty incentive to 'convince you you're in need of his specific brand'.

Not that I'm taking up for him or anything, just sayin'...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I'm not sure whether Will's one of those 'Hellfire believers', but if he is, then he has plenty incentive to 'convince you you're in need of his specific brand'.

Not that I'm taking up for him or anything, just sayin'...

Is UB helfire and brimstone? 

Edited by Sherapy