Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread

Aquila King

2 minutes ago, BorizBadinov said:

He used to be on full time psych meds but I was able to get him off them about a year ago. He would have one a week when I first got him. Now its just when something stresses him out. I was gone all morning and when I got back he came running up full tilt and I accidently caught him with my foot and it set him off. So I felt like a big crud. 

These things happen he knows hon didn’t mean it. 

I think a certain puppy here knows what she’s doing laying across all 3 couch seats.  Full stretch 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Sorry to hear that and am glad he's doing better. Is he on doggy pills for the seizures or is that not necessary?

When I got him he was being crated for 8+ hours a day and scared of everything and everyone so he needed the meds. Now he is king of the house, has his own door and gets treats all the time. Much more relaxed.

Just now, Ruby04 said:

These things happen he knows hon didn’t mean it. 

I think a certain puppy here knows what she’s doing laying across all 3 couch seats.  Full stretch 

Oh they know how to use psychology for sure :D

• Like 3

When I got him he was being crated for 8+ hours a day and scared of everything and everyone so he needed the meds. Now he is king of the house, has his own door and gets treats all the time. Much more relaxed.

Oh they know how to use psychology for sure :D

Aww well he has a great life now. 

Oh oh they do, she’s sleeping right now and kicking me 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BorizBadinov said:

I've got a dog similar to that. She apparently was abused and was deathly afraid of men. But I'd corner her. Pick her up and we'd cuddle for an hour or until she felt jumpy. I did this for 3 years. She's still a nervous wreck but she is more affectionate towards me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I've got a dog similar to that. She apparently was abused and was deathly afraid of men. But I'd corner her. Pick her up and we'd cuddle for an hour or until she felt jumpy. I did this for 3 years. She's still a nervous wreck but she is more affectionate towards me.

My hubby did that to a stray that I had when we got married. ( Got a 2fer deal there.  ;) )  She had been thrown out at a local reservoir and beaten by a male.  For the longest time she would cower whenever my hubby went to pet her.  He kept loving on her and doting on her and she got to where she wasn't scared around him after a bit.   

• Like 3

Just now, XenoFish said:

They can be some of the best dogs once you get past the trust issues. That's pretty awesome of you to take the time with her. :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BorizBadinov said:

They can be some of the best dogs once you get past the trust issues. That's pretty awesome of you to take the time with her. :)

She's the one who had puppies. When she was preggers I'd put her in my lap and rub her belly, fall right asleep. After she had the litter she would search me out to hide. lol

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

Sounds like a doggy throw pillow to me. Go ahead, stretch out. It's what she wants. :D

• Like 4

Keg was dumped at the shelter (one that Izzy and Alice come from) back in 05, year old, hair falling out, underweight, scared and had given birth but no puppies found. 

Katies in laws adopted her, but she wasn’t getting along with their dog.

katie rang mom to ask mom would grandma take her.

Silly question, it was yes of course. 

Grandma made her too fat, grandma went in nursing home (24/7 care needed) so we took Keg in. 

She lives a happy life here 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Is there any other kind? Certainly not that New York stuff that the heathens fold in half.

Does Florida have pizza, or is it Digiorno's?

We have melted plastic over cardboard and we like, goshdurnit. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Sounds like a doggy throw pillow to me. Go ahead, stretch out. It's what she wants. :D

Lol she did. 

Brat made me think she needed a pee, nope wanted to lay in sun damn it 

• Like 2

Gotta do some laundry and get the dishes done, be back in a bit.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tcgram said:

Gotta do some laundry and get the dishes done, be back in a bit.  

I hate doing both those chores at once. Half the time I put the laundry in the dishwasher and the dirty dishes in the washing machine. What a racket that makes!

• Like 3

You want to know a quick and easy solution to dirty dishes. Use paper plates, plastic bowls, cups, and utensils. Then just do a quick rinse (to get food scraps off) and recycle them.

• Like 3

This might be a bit egotistical but I've got to state it regardless. The long I'm on UM, the more I realize exactly how smart I am. 

• Like 4

Um teaches us many things. I learned dragons aren't real here. This is going to come as a real shock to the two who live on my desk, especially the one who holds my incense. Not sure how to break the news, don't want him freaking out catching stuff on fire.

• Like 3

Having a why the hell did I bother day. 

My brother who lives in same state as me (other one is interstate, can’t make it cause he had hip op through private health cover not public, so drained his savings) sends me a screen cap this morning, he can’t make it to my party. 

Because he has a fishing comp the next day (my actual birthday) and it stars at 2am. 

Theres another comp the week after or even next year, but picks a FIRKIN fishing comp over his youngest sister’s birthday. 

Oldest sister hasnt asked asked for day off yet (despite having over a months notice about date) and one of my nieces rang this morning not sure why. I missed the calls. 

I honestly thought ME paying for everything would mean people would come. 

Kind of over it all now :( 

5 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

My brother who lives in same state as me (other one is interstate, can’t make it cause he had hip op through private health cover not public, so drained his savings) sends me a screen cap this morning, he can’t make it to my party. 

Because he has a fishing comp the next day (my actual birthday) and it stars at 2am. 

Theres another comp the week after or even next year, but picks a FIRKIN fishing comp over his youngest sister’s birthday. 

Oldest sister hasnt asked asked for day off yet (despite having over a months notice about date) and one of my nieces rang this morning not sure why. I missed the calls. 

That sucks :( sorry its being a pain for you. Holidays and birthdays are always a circus in my family over what's doing and who is coming or who is not coming because so and so is. Then they show up anyway cause free food. 

Good times

• Like 2

That sucks :( sorry its being a pain for you. Holidays and birthdays are always a circus in my family over what's doing and who is coming or who is not coming because so and so is. Then they show up anyway cause free food. 

Good times

Most live in the same state as me but don't come or make effort.

Yet carry on about not seeing family. 

Just annoyed he picked fishing over his baby sister.

Few years back he choose to go to Sydney for Christmas to see the woman he was "dating" instead of family.

Other brother fully understand they (his wife and him) cant afford a plane ticket. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BorizBadinov said:

Well it may not be perfect but I bet it will still be fun. Don't let them spoil your day.

True.

I know one sister is for sure coming, other sister is a ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BorizBadinov said:

Um teaches us many things. I learned dragons aren't real here. This is going to come as a real shock to the two who live on my desk, especially the one who holds my incense. Not sure how to break the news, don't want him freaking out catching stuff on fire.

Do these desk dragons...um...talk to you?

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

Your brother? Your own brother? He actually chooses fishing over his little sister. That's cold. I might be bias because to me fishing is profoundly boring, but even if you're into profound boredom, some stinky, slimy fish is not as important as one's sister. I only wish I could see my family more. I miss my dad, sister, and nephew.

Sorry, don't mean to pile on. Boriz's advice is best: don't let it spoil your day. I'd come as your surrogate brother but I can't swim that far. :D

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, BorizBadinov said:

I need to see about some dinner. Be back in a bit :)

Fix a plate for me, please. I'm in the mood for tacos.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked