Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread

Aquila King

3 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

So it's 122f in Australia and -88f in Russia. Is there comfortable middle ground somewhere?

Tasmania stays cooler in Summer then other parts of Australia and snows in Winter 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

294013-Goodnight-Glitter-Gif.gif

I'm following your example. It's time for bed. I have my footy jammies on and am calling it a night. See you all tomorrow!

70d6541598f71d2e6afd21d86a5e3368--footie

• Like 3

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

I'm following your example. It's time for bed. I have my footy jammies on and am calling it a night. See you all tomorrow!

And a good night to you as well!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Goodnight :) see you tomorrow

8 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

And what is that goal? To eat more pie or butter more toast?

To lose 50 pounds. I'm roughly 220 lbs at the moment. Meaning I've lost 10 already. But that could be due to other factors. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

To lose 50 pounds. I'm roughly 220 lbs at the moment. Meaning I've lost 10 already. But that could be due to other factors. 

I have no doubt you will do that.  My goal is to lose 30 lbs.  and tone up the jiggle in my middle.  That would put me at 160 lbs, which sounds like a lot but is actually skinny for me.  

• Like 2

Popping in to say good night all. 

Its 11:24pm Fri night and still hot :sleepy:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tcgram said:

I have no doubt you will do that.  My goal is to lose 30 lbs.  and tone up the jiggle in my middle.  That would put me at 160 lbs, which sounds like a lot but is actually skinny for me.  

I've got the jiggle in the middle as well. Due to all those years of self-pity. So I decided that it's going to be omad for life. I've actually grown tired of eating. Figured I'd make one meal count. So long as I get my required calories in, it doesn't matter how many meals we eat. Plus I actually feel better dieting that way.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ruby04 said:

Popping in to say good night all. 

Its 11:24pm Fri night and still hot :sleepy:

Is the night hot, are it it just you.:P:lol:

Night Ruby.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I've got the jiggle in the middle as well. Due to all those years of self-pity. So I decided that it's going to be omad for life. I've actually grown tired of eating. Figured I'd make one meal count. So long as I get my required calories in, it doesn't matter how many meals we eat. Plus I actually feel better dieting that way.

Winter is harsh on me I tend to gain 20 pounds every year. I feel best at around 210 when I can be active. Usually in warmer months I can keep myself busy and eat only once or twice a day. Occasionally I have to have a snack for low blood sugar but its random. At first its tough but once my body gets used to it I don't crave anything during the day. A while back I was reading about the caveman diet and realized that's pretty much my normal.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BorizBadinov said:

Winter is harsh on me I tend to gain 20 pounds every year. I feel best at around 210 when I can be active. Usually in warmer months I can keep myself busy and eat only once or twice a day. Occasionally I have to have a snack for low blood sugar but its random. At first its tough but once my body gets used to it I don't crave anything during the day. A while back I was reading about the caveman diet and realized that's pretty much my normal.   

I'm an ectomorph by nature. So a lighter weight makes me feel a lot better. The problem (if you can call it that) is that I've spent years in manual labor and exercise, so my it's hard to nail down an exact fat to muscle ratio. I'm a big guy.

• Like 2

Just now, XenoFish said:

I'm an ectomorph by nature. So a lighter weight makes me feel a lot better. The problem (if you can call it that) is that I've spent years in manual labor and exercise, so my it's hard to nail down an exact fat to muscle ratio. I'm a big guy.

I have the same situation. My early years I worked physical jobs and stayed very fit. Later years more sedentary until a couple years ago. Now its far easier to climb back up the scale than bring it down so I have started to be more careful. My frame is large enough I can pack on 20 lbs without anyone noticing but I can tell by just how I feel. The most frustrating part for me in getting older is I start to tire out way faster so the lighter weight really helps with that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BorizBadinov said:

I have the same situation. My early years I worked physical jobs and stayed very fit. Later years more sedentary until a couple years ago. Now its far easier to climb back up the scale than bring it down so I have started to be more careful. My frame is large enough I can pack on 20 lbs without anyone noticing but I can tell by just how I feel. The most frustrating part for me in getting older is I start to tire out way faster so the lighter weight really helps with that. 

I like to use bodyweight and self-resistance exercises as they are the most convenient for me. I used to walk hours a day for the enjoyment of it. But 20 years of standing on my feet everyday kinda killed that desire. I'm going to just be as consistent as possible towards my goal. No liquid sugar (soda/cola, coffee, tea, etc)

• Like 2

Just now, XenoFish said:

I like to use bodyweight and self-resistance exercises as they are the most convenient for me. I used to walk hours a day for the enjoyment of it. But 20 years of standing on my feet everyday kinda killed that desire. I'm going to just be as consistent as possible towards my goal. No liquid sugar (soda/cola, coffee, tea, etc)

I have always been a free weight guy. That and hiking in the mountains. Never was much of a runner. After I got to my heaviest around 255 a few years back I started eating less and working out and I would drop 10 or 15 lbs. Then after my last real job went poof I cut out the soda for financial reasons and dropped down to 209 in a few months without even trying. Now I drink one now and again but never as a regular thing. It was hell for a month but now I don't even miss it. Drink weak coffee for my caffeine fix now. Wish I would have been able to accept that 30 years ago. :D

• Like 2

Just popping in to say hi and to remind you all it's Friday (maybe Saturday for Ruby?). Friday is good. It's good to be Friday.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, BorizBadinov said:

I have always been a free weight guy. That and hiking in the mountains. Never was much of a runner. After I got to my heaviest around 255 a few years back I started eating less and working out and I would drop 10 or 15 lbs. Then after my last real job went poof I cut out the soda for financial reasons and dropped down to 209 in a few months without even trying. Now I drink one now and again but never as a regular thing. It was hell for a month but now I don't even miss it. Drink weak coffee for my caffeine fix now. Wish I would have been able to accept that 30 years ago. :D

Soda's started to give me heartburn so I dropped them, plus it seemed that the energy drinks were messing my gut up. I used to life weights, but I get used to them too fast. Besides, my job is basically 'weight lifting' (I'm a machinist). Over the years I've had to manually lift some stupidly heavy things. So I'm not much for the dumbbells. I find that the self-resistance exercises are almost therapeutic.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Over the years I've had to manually lift some stupidly heavy things.

I can relate to that. Seems like I am always hefting around an engine or transmission or moving an anvil. Just this morning I was putting our mailbox back on its post. It's a custom made 1/4 plate oversized mailbox. Must weigh close on 200 lbs.  Stupid snowplow knocked it off the post a couple weeks back and I had a heck of a time hauling it out of the ditch in the snow at around 10pm. Other than busting the weld on the mounting plate couldn't even tell it had been hit. Keeps the kids from baseball batting it like the old regular box. I bet that would sting hitting this one. :D

I use the dumbbells more like a cardio workout and to keep my shoulders from calcifying. My biggest fear is turning into one of those stooped over old guys that can barely move. 

1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

Just popping in to say hi and to remind you all it's Friday (maybe Saturday for Ruby?). Friday is good. It's good to be Friday.

Friday is a magical day! A lot more so when I had a real job but still special! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Is the night hot, are it it just you.:P:lol:

Night Ruby.

I think it was about 90 when I went to bed.

2 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Sat 8:48am

• Like 2

• The topic was locked