Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread

Aquila King

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

As I see it, you can never go wrong with pizza. Unless it has something oddball and gross like anchovies. So stick with something conventional like cheese or pepperoni (or whatever is the most common in Australia). 

Here most common is cheese or Hawaiian but gone off that topping or meatlovers  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kmt_sesh said:

He's basically saying such human-framed concepts are not going to affect evolution. He's right. Evolution is a scientific process, not an emotion. But he has other quotes that stress we should strive to be good as people not because of religion (i.e., the expectation of reward) but because we can do so.

I agree that evolution as a process can and does happen without any of that. I'm just saying that such a concept does not therefore lack any real meaning, nor does it not have a profound affect on evolution when properly applied.

I'm basically just saying not to write it off.

Just now, Ruby04 said:

Here most common is cheese or Hawaiian but gone off that topping or meatlovers  

Hawaiian would entail pineapple, wouldn't it? Pineapple is vile. Pineapple must be outlawed.

4295785.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

Hawaiian would entail pineapple, wouldn't it? Pineapple is vile. Pineapple must be outlawed.

4295785.jpg

I like it, just not on pizza. 

I need fruit free pizza. 

• Like 3

4295785.jpg

Lol I like pineapple but on its own now.

• Like 2

LOL It's a running joke with me at UM, especially in the Alternative History forum. I adore fruit. Can't get enough of it. I'll eat fruit at every meal...except pineapple. I don't know why, but I've never liked pineapple. I'm also not a great fan of grapefruit but I can eat it, if neessary.

• Like 2

Just now, Aquila King said:

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? :whistle:

That would be the grossest. House. EVER!

I mentioned it in the AH forum once, but often at the museum a friend and I will share a fruit cup. It's pretty big. I'll eat the grapes and cantaloupe and other melons, she'll eat the pineapple. That's all she wants. And that way, I don't waste any of the fruit. ;)

• Like 2

I have this silly fear everytime of not supplying enough food or drinks.

19lts/5.02gals of apple cider. 24 coke cans = 9lt/2.38gal. 18 vodka pre mixes= 4.5lts/close to 1.32gal in drinks and its a fully working kitchen so taps to for water

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ruby04 said:

I have this silly fear everytime of not supplying enough food or drinks.

19lts/5.02gals of apple cider. 24 coke cans = 9lt/2.38gal. 18 vodka pre mixes= 4.5lts/close to 1.32gal in drinks and its a fully working kitchen so taps to for water

That's for you? What about your guests? :lol:

Kidding. You're expecting around 10 to 15 people, right? That sounds like enough to me.

• Like 1

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

That would be the grossest. House. EVER!

Aww, you ain't gonna do the thing?... :( I was waitin' for someone to do the thing...

2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I mentioned it in the AH forum once, but often at the museum a friend and I will share a fruit cup. It's pretty big. I'll eat the grapes and cantaloupe and other melons, she'll eat the pineapple. That's all she wants. And that way, I don't waste any of the fruit. ;)

Sounds romantic...

giphy.gif

• Like 2

That's for you? What about your guests? :lol:

Kidding. You're expecting around 10 to 15 people, right? That sounds like enough to me.

About that many and out of them about 6 wont be drinking or will drink little

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

Aww, you ain't gonna do the thing?... :( I was waitin' for someone to do the thing...

Sounds romantic...

giphy.gif

LOL I realize it comes across that way, but no romance is involved. We're both committedly single and like it that way, but we've been friends for as long as I've worked at the museum (15 years).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? :whistle:

1200px-SpongeBob_SquarePants_logo.svg.pn

...since apparently no one else wanted to do it. <_<

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

LOL I realize it comes across that way, but no romance is involved. We're both committedly single and like it that way, but we've been friends for as long as I've worked at the museum (15 years).

Note to self if I ever visit Chicago museum, look for the man who looks like he knows the place like the back of his hand :) 

Edited by Ruby04
  • Like 1

1200px-SpongeBob_SquarePants_logo.svg.pn

...since apparently no one else wanted to do it. <_<

The rest was obvious. When you typed the first part, the Spongebob theme song popped into my head.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I'm not buyin' it.

Just now, Ruby04 said:

Not to self if I ever visit Chicago museum, look for the man who looks like he knows the place like the back of his hand :) 

It's an enormous museum, so you might be presenting to yourself a weighty challenge. To keep it simple, find the mummies. I will be right there. However, you might have a hard time telling me apart from the mummies. :D

• Like 3

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

To keep it simple, find the mummies. I will be right there. However, you might have a hard time telling me apart from the mummies. :D

(psst, he's the one wearing the hoodie. :ph34r:)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

I'm not buyin' it.

LOL Oh, man, my friend (Noreen) might get a kick out of this. She's quite a bit older than I and is a feisty Irish gal. And she cracks me up. She's retired now but was a surgical nurse for decades, and has helped me manage my own medical issues. That's about as intimate as it gets.

• Like 2

It's an enormous museum, so you might be presenting to yourself a weighty challenge. To keep it simple, find the mummies. I will be right there. However, you might have a hard time telling me apart from the mummies. :D

Hey that's the first part of the plan head for the mummies and then find the guy hanging with them :D

• Like 1

(psst, he's the one wearing the hoodie. :ph34r:)

No, that's a common mistake. The mummy in my avatar photo is in the exhibit, but he's not me. He looks better.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ruby04 said:

Hey that's the first part of the plan head for the mummies and then find the guy hanging with them :D

That's where I'll be, unless I'm downstairs in the basement with the mummies we don't display. We have the coolest basement (three levels). There's a room just for human remains, and there's a drawer in there where they store me overnight. :lol:

• Like 1

• The topic was locked