Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread

Aquila King

1 hour ago, tcgram said:

I used to do that, put peanuts in my coke.  Good stuff.  :)   

I think it has to do with the salty-sweet taste it creates. I've done it with cajun style peanuts, it's......interesting. 

• Like 1

Making chex mix in the oven, something I haven't done in a long time.  

• Like 2

Just now, XenoFish said:

I think it has to do with the salty-sweet taste it creates. I've done it with cajun style peanuts, it's......interesting. 

I've tried it with the spicy peanuts as well.   Not as much of a fan.   

1 minute ago, tcgram said:

I've tried it with the spicy peanuts as well.   Not as much of a fan.   

Was it like drinking a salty sweet fire.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Was like drinking a salty sweet fire.

That's a good description.    I ran out of "likes" so I'm quoting people.   I like you all too much!   :lol:

• Like 2

Just now, tcgram said:

That's a good description.    I ran out of "likes" so I'm quoting people.   I like you all too much!   :lol:

Yeah, you get that pleasant taste then your mouths on fire. 

• Like 1

Exactly!

6 hours ago, Ruby04 said:

@XenoFish I've just found out the in shell peanuts stores sell here are raw ones.

I will be able to try boiled peanuts sooner rather then later and get back to you on what I think.

If I really like them and keep wanting them, I'll blame you ;) 

My ex grew up in North Carolina and loved boiled peanuts. When I was in Georgia back in the 80s you could see little stands beside the road selling bags of them for a dollar and she always made me stop and get her a bag. Being from the northwest and never having anything close to that growing up they took a bit to get used to for me. 

• Like 2

I think the worst thing my youngest ever did to me was letting me have a ' special drink'. She had drunk about 1/7 of a 7 up, then added I think 4 lemon warheads to it. She life it in the fridge over night then had me take a sip the next day. Felt like my face was about to implode.

Just now, XenoFish said:

I used to get the Cajun peanuts and a dark chocolate bar and eat them together. Good stuff.

Just now, tcgram said:

My likes are gone too. I smell a conspiracy! Or maybe too much clicky last night.

Just now, XenoFish said:

I think the worst thing my youngest ever did to me was letting me have a ' special drink'. She had drunk about 1/7 of a 7 up, then added I think 4 lemon warheads to it. She life it in the fridge over night then had me take a sip the next day. Felt like my face was about to implode.

:D  I have been the victim of special drinks before as well. They are in their 30s now and I still ask what's in it when they bring me a drink!

3 minutes ago, BorizBadinov said:

My likes are gone too. I smell a conspiracy! Or maybe too much clicky last night.

Probably!!

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That makes my face pucker just thinking about it!!   

• Like 1

Just now, tcgram said:

That makes my face pucker just thinking about it!!   

I had a warhead once, but just a normal candy and I can imagine my jaw still hurts.

4 in a drink would be like chugging a can of alum >.<

I can't even imagine it.

• Like 1

My son bought some "Miracle Berry" tablets and they actually work!!   I was just as bad as he was, eating lemons, limes, onion and a couple of other things I can't remember.   That was wild.  

• Like 1

Just now, tcgram said:

My son bought some "Miracle Berry" tablets and they actually work!!   I was just as bad as he was, eating lemons, limes, onion and a couple of other things I can't remember.   That was wild.  

So they make strong flavors taste sweet? That's pretty cool. Where does one find them?

• Like 1

He found them on amazon.

26 minutes ago, BorizBadinov said:

Have an awesome day everyone! Be back later :)

Have a good one!

Made it to the popcorn shop.  My son bought some jelly bean popcorn and I got a mixture called, "Windy City", which is their cheddar and caramel corn combined.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BorizBadinov said:

My ex grew up in North Carolina and loved boiled peanuts. When I was in Georgia back in the 80s you could see little stands beside the road selling bags of them for a dollar and she always made me stop and get her a bag. Being from the northwest and never having anything close to that growing up they took a bit to get used to for me. 

I grew up on them. For the longest time during the winter we'd have a pot boiling to help heat the shop. There would be peanut shells all over the place.:lol:

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, tcgram said:

Made it to the popcorn shop.  My son bought some jelly bean popcorn and I got a mixture called, "Windy City", which is their cheddar and caramel corn combined.  

Sounds yummy 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BorizBadinov said:

I had a warhead once, but just a normal candy and I can imagine my jaw still hurts.

4 in a drink would be like chugging a can of alum >.<

I can't even imagine it.

I'm not a person who like sour/tart things. Actually I can't stand the taste, but once I took a swig. Felt like my face had collapsed into a black hole. She drank it like it was nothing. That kid always did love lemons or anything with a bitter taste.

• Like 3

• The topic was locked