Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread

Aquila King

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'd day for the past month I've been waking at 4 am every day. Even days off. Today I seem to have slept a little over an hour in. 

That's good. I'll admit, on my new shift (four tens) I pretty much just crash on my first day and sleep through everything. 

• Like 1

What is this sleep you speak of?

Forgotten what a good sleep is lately.

Too hot or fall asleep and wake up just before or as Michael comes to bed, then struggle to fall back into a good sleep.

Just now, ShadowSot said:

Only when you don't expect it. 

Must be a male thing.

Either the guys here walk in the room unexpectedly while I'm on computer or Michael opens bathroom door "to let Cooper and Harley see I haven't disappeared" when trying to take bubble bath

• Like 1

Just now, ShadowSot said:

That's good. I'll admit, on my new shift (four tens) I pretty much just crash on my first day and sleep through everything. 

I'm looking down the barrel of 14 hour days by weeks end. The spring rush started way too early this year. A lot of 100 piece orders. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

What is this sleep you speak of?

Forgotten what a good sleep is lately.

Too hot or fall asleep and wake up just before or as Michael comes to bed, then struggle to fall back into a good sleep.

Must be a male thing.

Either the guys here walk in the room unexpectedly while I'm on computer or Michael opens bathroom door "to let Cooper and Harley see I haven't disappeared" when trying to take bubble bath

That's... weird. Never done that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm looking down the barrel of 14 hour days by weeks end. The spring rush started way too early this year. A lot of 100 piece orders. 

Heh, well since I do the wood working on top of my day job, it's ten hours at work then four to six more on the lathe or bandsaw. 

But, the latter is fun. 

1 minute ago, ShadowSot said:

That's... weird. Never done that.

It's because Cooper will sit by the door waiting, he likes to know where everyone is and Harley is nosey, loves water but not the bath.

I think Xeno could almost out ninja you at times Shadow

26 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If it wasn't for the overtime pay, I wouldn't bother. 

Ditto. Though the taxes start to eat it up pretty quickly these days. 

Need to get some deduction. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

I think Xeno could almost out ninja you at times Shadow

Hm. 

There can be only one! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Then let's settle this like real men.

slap-fight-gif-8.gif

How brutal. I was going to suggest Yu-Gi-Oh at noonish. 

• Like 3

I’m off goodnight guys. 

Winner gets pie and mocha or coffee and chocolate (not together). 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I'd say for the past month I've been waking at 4 am every day. Even days off. Today I seem to have slept a little over an hour in. 

You both need to stop sending that insomnia this way, I didn't sleep well at all for the last 3 nights.  

• Like 2

Ok, I'll help you guys. I've been sleeping like a rock since my cold departed. So....*cough* *cough* *cough*. 

There, I've just spread my 'good sleeping' germs all over this thread. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Where the hell is seeder lately? I used the summoning spell a night or two ago and it had no effect.

thanks for asking!   Ive popped in now and then but not felt like joining in....Im just catching up on the thread so far as it seems to gain 10 pages a night!!   Ive got some legal issues going on just now, nothing serious but it does mean I cant have late nights as need to deal with a couple of different folk early in the day.   Thats been some fun conversations as I can barely speak..... I mentioned before I have caught some kind of bug, coughs, sneezes, aches, ears seem to have 'popped' so that feels like Ive ear plugs in my ears too...Im no doubt upsetting the neighbours upstairs as TV volume needs to be higher than usual just so I can hear it... voice went all husky and squeaky then totally went.... so Ive been dosing up on over the counter remedies...one of them has a night time tablet to aid sleep etc so Ive been getting sleep thankfully... and you guys are generally all online in my night time

Surely it has to be all over soon.....

In the UK they give anyone over 65 a free flu jab....and while Ive heard it actually induces a light flu.... apparently after the first year you get more immune to catching it in the first place... so I think I will get one soon.....obviously Im not over 65 but you can get it anyway....

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/?

Flue or colds rarely get me down.... but this one is kicking the crap outta me!  

Yes and I know will get silly memes and comments about man-flu now! :lol: Its to be expected on this thread...  but flu is what it is...

Edited by seeder
  • Like 4

man-flu.jpg

• Like 3

brm1741.jpg

• Like 3

1.-Remedy-Man-Flu-Site.png

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

Ditto. Though the taxes start to eat it up pretty quickly these days. 

Need to get some deduction. 

People don't often realize you can claim more dependents on your w4 to lessen the tax burden to your weekly paycheck for temporary situations like OT. The caveat is you want to be sure you don't fall short of what's paid in of course. Back in the day when I got yearly bonus checks I would up my dependents for a time and then put it back to normal again which was a common practice. Usually being taxed at 45% for overtime or bonuses takes a huge part of the extra weekly pay and then you end up getting a large refund at the end of the year from overpaying. If that's the case you can manage it with your w4 dependents so Uncle Sam doesn't get to play with it all year for free.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ruby04 said:

I don't want to Depress the thread with my crap.

Don't forget this is a support group thread :) Maybe it was a joke in the beginning but like most things it has evolved.

Rant a bit, laugh a bit. I think most of the people who hang out here can relate to depression. Things we bottle up consume us.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, BorizBadinov said:

People don't often realize you can claim more dependents on your w4 to lessen the tax burden to your weekly paycheck for temporary situations like OT. The caveat is you want to be sure you don't fall short of what's paid in of course. Back in the day when I got yearly bonus checks I would up my dependents for a time and then put it back to normal again which was a common practice. Usually being taxed at 45% for overtime or bonuses takes a huge part of the extra weekly pay and then you end up getting a large refund at the end of the year from overpaying. If that's the case you can manage it with your w4 dependents so Uncle Sam doesn't get to play with it all year for free.

Seems iffy, and I'm the type of person who enjoys serving jury duty. 

10 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

How brutal. I was going to suggest Yu-Gi-Oh at noonish. 

I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh in years.....I still have one of the DS games. 

• Like 2

Just now, XenoFish said:

I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh in years.....I still have one of the DS games. 

I played the card game in high school. I remember the memes  better than I do the cards. 

• Like 1

Since I've had to go on a placebo effect rant over the past few days something came to mind. How effective is anything? Let's take coffee for instance. Sure the caffeine basically numbs fatigue part of the brain making us feel more alert. However, is it more or less effective based on our belief?

• Like 3

• The topic was locked