Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread

Aquila King

4 or 5 years ago I walked out the backdoor and saw this big Dragonfly (about 5-6inches), poor thing looked like it needed help.

I put it in the half wine barrel turned planter, that way it couldn't be stepped on and less likely for the Ants to get as quick.

Snapped 2 photos of it and when I checked it later it had flown away.

rsz_dragonfly[1].jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Your brother? Your own brother? He actually chooses fishing over his little sister. That's cold. I might be bias because to me fishing is profoundly boring, but even if you're into profound boredom, some stinky, slimy fish is not as important as one's sister. I only wish I could see my family more. I miss my dad, sister, and nephew.

Sorry, don't mean to pile on. Boriz's advice is best: don't let it spoil your day. I'd come as your surrogate brother but I can't swim that far. :D

Yep, more annoying then anything.

I'm the baby out of the siblings, so last to turn 30.

That's what UM party is for

• Like 2

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

You want to know a quick and easy solution to dirty dishes. Use paper plates, plastic bowls, cups, and utensils. Then just do a quick rinse (to get food scraps off) and recycle them.

The bad part is we use paper plates all the time.  The sink was full of mixing bowls, soup and cereal bowls, utensils, crock pot parts and jars for canning.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

4 or 5 years ago I walked out the backdoor and saw this big Dragonfly (about 5-6inches), poor thing looked like it needed help.

I put it in the half wine barrel turned planter, that way it couldn't be stepped on and less likely for the Ants to get as quick.

Snapped 2 photos of it and when I checked it later it had flown away.

rsz_dragonfly[1].jpg

Beuatiful.. I've always been fond of dragonflies and like it when they land on me.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

I guess that technical makes me 10 years older than you. 

• Like 3

And it's a momentous birthday, no less, a milestone in one's life. You turn 300 only once. You'll have to figure some way to screw him over.

We will party hardy at UM just for you! Can you already picture it, seeder and me in red thongs and stilettos out on the dance floor! :D

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Beuatiful.. I've always been fond of dragonflies and like it when they land on me.

I like them, butterflies (white one landed on Harley yesterday) and Ladybugs.

Made sure it was safe before pic, found pic yesterday while looking for a different one

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

At least you're younger than me, by almost 12 years.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Then that would make me 11 years older than you. But those are mummy years. In human years I'm over 3,000.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

30 Jan 28th to be exact, but party is day before because no one is going to party on a Sunday night.

Not when they have work the following day

• Like 3

Just now, Ruby04 said:

30 Jan 28th to be exact, but party is day before because no one is going to party on a Sunday night.

Not when they have work the following day

40 Dec 6th. 

• Like 4

I like them, butterflies (white one landed on Harley yesterday) and Ladybugs.

Made sure it was safe before pic, found pic yesterday while looking for a different one

When my sister and nephew were in town before Christmas, we went to a nature museum that had one of those butterfly rooms. I loved it! So did my nephew. My sister brought a friend who, of all things, is terrified of butterflies, so that was entertaining.

Oh, I remember posting a photo of my nephew in a stare-down contest with a turtle in the butterfly room.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

40 Dec 6th. 

I think I kind of remember that because you didn't want cake, you wanted pie.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

40 Dec 6th. 

Nothing but a number.   I'll be 51 at the end of March.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kmt_sesh said:

When my sister and nephew were in town before Christmas, we went to a nature museum that had one of those butterfly rooms. I loved it! So did my nephew. My sister brought a friend who, of all things, is terrified of butterflies, so that was entertaining.

Oh, I remember posting a photo of my nephew in a stare-down contest with a turtle in the butterfly room.

Melbourne zoo has a Butterfly enclosure (humid as hell, so couldn't stay in as long as I wanted) and they land on you, I was loving it.

Terrified of hurting them and of any moths they also had landing on me 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Do these desk dragons...um...talk to you?

Not often and usually its some drivel about thrones on pyramids and the moon suddenly showing up. Half the time I cant make heads or tails of it. Luckily now I know they don't actually exist so I can ignore them when they get silly.

9 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Fix a plate for me, please. I'm in the mood for tacos.

Actually tacos does sound good, but then they always sound good. Tonight was leftover Thai which is also always good!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tcgram said:

Doesn't feel life a number. Feels like sand through an hourglass.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tcgram said:

Don't look it

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

40 Dec 6th. 

Younger then my brothers and oldest sister.

Bros are 45 this year and sister 46.

Bros were born on oldest sisters birthday 1 year after her.

Katie is 38 this year

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Doesn't feel life a number. Feels like sand through an hourglass.

Some days that's how it is for me as well.  I'm thankful for every day that I wake up, so many people are denied that privilege.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BorizBadinov said:

Not often and usually its some drivel about thrones on pyramids and the moon suddenly showing up. Half the time I cant make heads or tails of it. Luckily now I know they don't actually exist so I can ignore them when they get silly.

The more you ignore them, the more in-your-face they'll get, you know. That's how psychosis works. Best to sit down on your iron throne and turn them so they're facing the wall.

Actually tacos does sound good, but then they always sound good. Tonight was leftover Thai which is also always good!

I must now break for some dinner, myself. And you know what, tacos do sound good. But they're also a fair amount of work, and I'm not motivated enough.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

zgKAp.gif

Way to make an entrance!  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I think I kind of remember that because you didn't want cake, you wanted pie.

Pie is always better than cake. I set a goal that I'm damn well going to achieve before my 40th b-day. Even if it kills me.

• Like 3

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

The more you ignore them, the more in-your-face they'll get, you know. That's how psychosis works. Best to sit down on your iron throne and turn them so they're facing the wall.

I must now break for some dinner, myself. And you know what, tacos do sound good. But they're also a fair amount of work, and I'm not motivated enough.

I had fried sweet potato sushi for supper.  

• Like 1

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

You are probably right, especially when they gang up together. You know how they are.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked