Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How does a rattlesnake's tail work ?

UM-Bot

I've got some land in Ocala, Florida and over the years I've shot up a few that got to close to camp. I'm not one to kill anything   For the hell of it, so I'd skin and salt the hide. We cooked most. It's not bad if cooked right, too long and it's like chewing on rubber bands.     Yes, I'm a Hill Billy.

40 minutes ago, Why not said:

I've got some land in Ocala, Florida and over the years I've shot up a few that got to close to camp. I'm not one to kill anything   For the hell of it, so I'd skin and salt the hide. We cooked most. It's not bad if cooked right, too long and it's like chewing on rubber bands.     Yes, I'm a Hill Billy.

This page is just getting creepier but what does rattle snake taste like ?

27 minutes ago, Ozfactor said:

This page is just getting creepier but what does rattle snake taste like ?

Kinda like stringy chicken. I know everyone says things taste like chicken, but I guess it's a universal taste. The best way I like it is cooked in a crock pot with potatoes and some veggies.    And salt, must have salt. 

It's not something we do very often, but like I said I don't like to kill things for no reason.

• Like 1

I live in New Mexico, USA. These Diamondbacks are everywhere in the Desert out here in the summer time. I remember I worked at a place years ago and this Yahoo cowboy I worked with used to pick up Diamondbacks by their tails and sling them a people as a joke, horsing around/acting a fool etc. His foolhardiness finally caught up with him though, one day he grabbed a snake and it bit him on the hand. They took him to The Emergency and fixed him up. The next day the Safety Dept fired him for committing "an unsafe act."

Edited by Mark56
incomplete blog entry
  • Like 1