Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Full SpaceX spacesuit has now been revealed

UM-Bot

Quite cool looking, but it's not an EVA suit, it's a pressure suits to use inside the ship. I don't know if they are working on an EVA suit ?

I'd be interested in seeing some video of the functionality tests. What happens when it puffs up like an inflated bouncy house around the wearer in vacuum?

I still want to know if they'll come in fashion colors for the "modern" space traveler.

2 hours ago, paperdyer said:

I still want to know if they'll come in fashion colors for the "modern" space traveler.

Sure! Any color so long as it is (black and) white. 

I think we should appreciate what Elon Musk is doing. He's a Steve Jobs in that he goes beyond the nerdy tech stuff and incorporates art and design with the mechanical. Steve Jobs showed us that computers don't have to be bulky, lab equipment workstations. Elon Musk is doing the same with space travel. 

NASA has produced some well designed spacecraft that work wonderfully but everything is designed purposefully, with art as an afterthought. Elon is bringing art to the forefront, with heavy influence from Sci-Fi movies he no doubt grew up watching. It's God bless the brilliant men and women that got us this far but I like what Elon is bringing to the table. Can't wait to see what he does next

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

I think we should appreciate what Elon Musk is doing. He's a Steve Jobs in that he goes beyond the nerdy tech stuff and incorporates art and design with the mechanical. Steve Jobs showed us that computers don't have to be bulky, lab equipment workstations. Elon Musk is doing the same with space travel. 

NASA has produced some well designed spacecraft that work wonderfully but everything is designed purposefully, with art as an afterthought. Elon is bringing art to the forefront, with heavy influence from Sci-Fi movies he no doubt grew up watching. It's God bless the brilliant men and women that got us this far but I like what Elon is bringing to the table. Can't wait to see what he does next

He is the 2nd coolest man on the planet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HauntedDreams80 said:

Looks good, but doesn't seem like it will protect again space.

It isn't designed to protect against open space. It's not an EVA (spacewalk) suit. It is designed to be worn inside the spacecraft and protect the astronauts in the case of a failure in cabin pressure.