Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Words as symbols

13 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

UM-Bot
Quote

We sometimes forget that when we're using words, we are passing symbols back and forth. This means we must make assumptions like for example, that we agree upon the meaning of these symbols. Words like soul, spirit, psyche, enlightenment, love and hate are a few that carry heavy associations for most of us and can be difficult to get right.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/column.php?id=311489

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Coil


Once upon a time in the previous races the word had the ability to perform what is said so the word could kill or quash the animal or create a tangible form of the object. Now, in order to create a car, a person needs to get the metal to process it, make it out of it and assemble the car. It's the same with the food. In its supreme power, the Word creates the universe, but this ability has been taken away from the person because he abused it, and the descending evolution has coarsened the mind to create a clear personality of man. Now thinking about the subject we do not know its inner essence, we can not penetrate consciousness into an object, we can only call it different words, see its color, know its mass but words do not give the experience of the subject itself.

When we fall asleep in us the imaginative thinking that preceded the intellectual mind in evolution awakens.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
32 minutes ago, Coil said:


Once upon a time in the previous races the word had the ability to perform what is said so the word could kill or quash the animal or create a tangible form of the object. Now, in order to create a car, a person needs to get the metal to process it, make it out of it and assemble the car. It's the same with the food. In its supreme power, the Word creates the universe, but this ability has been taken away from the person because he abused it, and the descending evolution has coarsened the mind to create a clear personality of man. Now thinking about the subject we do not know its inner essence, we can not penetrate consciousness into an object, we can only call it different words, see its color, know its mass but words do not give the experience of the subject itself.

When we fall asleep in us the imaginative thinking that preceded the intellectual mind in evolution awakens.

 

What? Everyone knows its the signal being broadcast off the rings of Saturn that keep us from being able to quash an animal or create a tangible form of the object with our minds 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

I think someone's played Skyrim a bit too much.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
18 hours ago, Coil said:


 the descending evolution has coarsened the mind to create a clear personality of man.

 

Evolution is the process in which adversity in the organism's environment creates a mutation giving that organism a advantage. It doesn't work in reverse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coil
Just now, Piney said:

Evolution is the process in which adversity in the organism's environment creates a mutation giving that organism a advantage. It doesn't work in reverse.


Well, we lost a lot but also got a lot. In general, the person the transitional link, after him will say there are several more races and transformations of the earth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
3 minutes ago, Coil said:


Well, we lost a lot but also got a lot. In general, the person the transitional link, after him will say there are several more races and transformations of the earth.

The concept of "race" is a social construct. We all have certain mutations depending upon our environment but we are still all the same species.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky

then Egyptian hieroglyphics must have been the language of magic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andromedan StarSeed

words and symbols goes way back in time  when man started to write in the language in their basic knowledge that has passed down  with in history events connects with in ancient cities. As the symbols  other places in words of  languages is  also with in other planetary  systems  that share  life such as other beings close related to people on earth and etc.  One day we all can trace back and see the connections with in past and the changes  that we all made today.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
On 3/6/2018 at 6:22 AM, Captain Risky said:

then Egyptian hieroglyphics must have been the language of magic.

All language is "magic" if it can influence the thoughts of another person. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

All language is "magic" if it can influence the thoughts of another person. 

...so it would seem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

 

Very interesting fellow~   I think Napoleon Hill synthesized everything Alan Moore was saying when he said:  Thoughts, are things, and they seek their physical equivalent!

The idea of a chair is not a chair....more important than any chair...it is the idea that is magic...it is the thought itself which is magic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.