Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Life may thrive down in icy Antarctic caves

UM-Bot

Wow, this is quite fascinating. 

I reckon all is good as long as they don't start hearing "Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!" 

• Like 3

Pretty exciting news. I heard that they found the remains of small mammals. I'm pretty certain that they will be ' new' evolutions of existing species, but exciting none the less.

German u boaters found caves beneath the ice sheet in Antarctica during ww2, they said temperature inside stays at about 20c. life can absolutely thrive there,  as i'm sure it does, and always did. . nothing new about it. it was known since ww2

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

They should be careful though, they might find some NAZI's...

Dunno why I heard this in my head as said by Schwarzenegger?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aztek said:

German u boaters found caves beneath the ice sheet in Antarctica during ww2, they said temperature inside stays at about 20c. life can absolutely thrive there,  as i'm sure it does, and always did. . nothing new about it. it was known since ww2

I think the news is that now they have found DNA evidence of life actually exiting (or having existed) in said caves.

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 2

I feel their gonna stumble upon a active nazi base, and branden Frazier is gonna save the day in a comical fashion.

4 hours ago, AstralHorus said:

Also Russian scientist found a nazi artic base that was abandoned. Think I saw it here originally 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3856700/Russian-scientists-Nazi-base-evacuated-staff-ate-infected-polar-bear-meat.html

Yeah, Arctic and Antarctic are not exactly the same

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Parsec said:

True but like stated, still interesting to think of the possibility with this new light that has been shed.

Great and very interesting find.  Can they look for a Stargate while they're there as well?:rolleyes:

If the caves are that warm we can see if we can grow food down there.  Plenty of water available.  I guess we'd have to make sure the caves are stable first.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:27 AM, Parsec said:

There is evidence that Hitler was actually sent the Anenerbe down to Antarctica before WW2. The connection between the history of Anenerbe and the speculated Vril society isn't clear.

On 14/9/2017 at 6:49 PM, Prif_the_Pirate said:

There is evidence that Hitler was actually sent the Anenerbe down to Antarctica before WW2. The connection between the history of Anenerbe and the speculated Vril society isn't clear.

He also sent men both to the Sahara and Gobi deserts, yet they are quite different places. 

So what's your point? 

Alas, I do miss Brendan Fraser!

39 minutes ago, Parsec said:

He also sent men both to the Sahara and Gobi deserts, yet they are quite different places. 

So what's your point? 

Alas, I do miss Brendan Fraser!

My point is that there were Nazis at both poles around WW2. Although it is doubtful they really built a base with flying saucers that attacked Admiral Byrd's fleet during Operation Highjump, they were there. Just pointing it out because it's a cool fact.

Brendan Fraser is a Hollywood gem.