Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
UM-Bot

Has China managed to crack NASA's EmDrive ?

35 posts in this topic

Here it is, bison, from BBC Horizon, Project Greenglow - The Quest for Gravity Control (2016) (bit offsync, but you'll get the idea)

33 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Here it is, bison, from BBC Horizon, Project Greenglow - The Quest for Gravity Control (2016) (bit offsync, but you'll get the idea)

My computer shows the video is Blocked by BBC.

7 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

My computer shows the video is Blocked by BBC.

Damn... There are plenty of documentaries from BBC on YT. Maybe I shouldn't had put tags on that video.

I'll figure out smthng.

On 9/13/2017 at 11:52 AM, UM-Bot said:

Chinese scientists have allegedly built a working prototype of the 'impossible' space engine.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/311540/has-china-managed-to-crack-nasas-emdrive

Umm... hold on a minute. A "working prototype" ? 

What the Chinese scientists said in the linked article was "... We have successfully developed several specifications of multiple prototype principles."

Specifications ? Principles ? That sounds like a paper exercise, not a "working prototype" ? 

This is bulls**t. No scientist will announce to the world that their invention 'defies the laws of physics'. NOTHING defies the laws of physics. It's an oxymoron.

Secondly, this drive produces 'a few millinewtons' of propulsive force! That's the pulling power of a bumble bee. And this will allow travel to Mars within weeks! Yeah, right.

Don't be gullible.

22 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

"... We have successfully developed several specifications of multiple prototype principles."

That is totally meaningless! Gobbledigook.

8 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

Thanks BMK. Even without the video,  we have he name of this particular experiment-- 'Project Greenglow'. This should help in finding further information about it. 

1 person likes this

I found a number of articles on 'Project Greenglow', via Google.  None, so far, contain enough details to evaluate just what sort of experiments they ran on Shawyer' EM drive, or a device like it in some respects. I find no references, yet, to a test in which an effect was noted, independent of the orientation of the device.

And how did I missed that full documentary was already on YT :blush:

The thrust issue I was stalking about, starts at 30:12 (Martin Tajmar clearly states that).

Thanks for  finding and sharing  that documentary, BMK. Very interesting ; I viewed it in full. A seeming effect was detected, like thrust, but coming from both the end and the side of the Shawyer device.  This tended to make it suspect; perhaps an experimental artifact.

If I may suggest another possibility: That Shawyer's thinking about a unidirectional thrust may be mistaken. Perhaps the device somehow creates an omni-directional antigravity field that opposes the gravity field of the Earth. Regardless of its orientation, it would pull away from the center of Earth's mass.

The fact that later, independent experiments have detected something that appears like a counter-gravity effect from similar devices may mean that something noteworthy is happening, after all.  Time, and further work, will tell.