Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Recent UFO Flap over Salt Lake City

Hermai

Fascinating videos. What do you all think that we're looking at?

Absolutely worth the watch by the way, there are videos and images compiled from several different sources. Such strange movements.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Invisig0th said:

Fascinating videos. What do you all think that we're looking at?

Absolutely worth the watch by the way, there are videos and images compiled from several different sources. Such strange movements.

Its hard to say but it really does not look like any conventional aircraft. Nice video.

1 minute ago, Colectivo said:

Its hard to say but it really does not look like any conventional aircraft. Nice video.

I'm curious about some of the 'wobbles' for lack of a better word, specifically around 00:42-00:45.

The ending is remarkable though, the way they shoot off.

Interesting video. If I was to imagine what ball lightning forming in a cloud might look like (given they can move and vanish in an instant) this might be it.

This doesn't scream fake right away but as always it has to be considered. Did anyone else capture footage from a different vantage point? Seems like this was a well populated area.

Hint was given in a comment of the OPs vid.

Sorry, tinfoilhats, no ET invasion here.

Edited by toast
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Invisig0th said:

I'm curious about some of the 'wobbles' for lack of a better word, specifically around 00:42-00:45.

The ending is remarkable though, the way they shoot off.

When do they 'shoot off'?

IMO, even before exploring obvious and rational explanations; very unexceptional videos and I'm not sure why anyone would think much more.

2 hours ago, Timonthy said:

When do they 'shoot off'?

IMO, even before exploring obvious and rational explanations; very unexceptional videos and I'm not sure why anyone would think much more.

You clearly did not watch the full video. Amusing how you comment your displeasure without sitting down to watch the entire sighting.

10 hours ago, Invisig0th said:

You clearly did not watch the full video. Amusing how you comment your displeasure without sitting down to watch the entire sighting.

Sorry but I did watch the full video; pausing, rewinding etc. But I just watched it again (thanks to you) in case I missed something. But nope, 3 lights in the sky slowly descending smoothly which fade out. I'm not sure what you're seeing.

No strange movements, no wobbles, and no 'shooting off'. The 00:42-00;45 'wobbles' are just the camera shaking.
Are you sure you're not mistaking street light reflections on the car window as lights in the sky??

*Snip*

Edited by Still Waters
No need to get personal
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Timonthy said:

Sorry but I did watch the full video; pausing, rewinding etc. But I just watched it again (thanks to you) in case I missed something. But nope, 3 lights in the sky slowly descending smoothly which fade out. I'm not sure what you're seeing.

No strange movements, no wobbles, and no 'shooting off'. The 00:42-00;45 'wobbles' are just the camera shaking.
Are you sure you're not mistaking street light reflections on the car window as lights in the sky??

*Snip*

Between 1:30-1:32, one of the lights clearly shoots off to the left. Watch again.

Edited by Still Waters
Edited quoted post

1 hour ago, Invisig0th said:

Between 1:30-1:32, one of the lights clearly shoots off to the left. Watch again.

Is that it? 

You need to screenshot and put up a play-by-play. 

On 9/18/2017 at 10:40 AM, Invisig0th said:

May I strongly suggest that before you try taking the high road like this, that you learn a little about analysing videos....?  Read on..

On 9/18/2017 at 8:47 PM, Invisig0th said:

No, you watch again.  This time, start from the beginning, and think about *everything* that you are seeing, not just the bits that, by coincidence only, look 'interesting'.

Here, let me help:

This is being shot from inside a car.  What can we infer from that?

A couple of things - first the footage will be shaky, as the person gets bumped around and they struggle to hold the thing steady.  Movement of the camera will, of course, result in magnified movement of the scene and thus you need to be careful to not assume movement without properly using reference points / other components of the scene to determine *actual* movement.

Second, and this is REALLY basic - if the window is up and it clearly is, we will see reflections of stuff coming from both inside the car and also outside the car on the other sides.  Naturally, some of that stuff will be travelling in the opposite direction relative to the scene being shot, so the reflected lights will go the other way....  you know, like 'lights shooting off to the left'.  Watch the rest of the video and you will see several examples (a good researcher will notice such stuff, rather than just the bit they wish to use to further their claim) - most of those reflections are going slower, but the one at 1:30 is almost certainly a car travelling in the other direction (or one passing at speed - note that vehicle they are in is clearly slowing down).  Plus it doesn't really line up with the light you have associated it with..

Sorry, but this is nothing 'mysterious', and may I suggest it would help your future reputation here if you learn from this and acknowledge that.  Your choice of course...

Edited by ChrLzs
added additional guess about the reflected light source
  • Like 5

I decided to spend a little more time on this, and have come to the likeliest conclusion that the light that shoots to the left is in fact a street lamp.  Take a look here - this is a screen grab just as the light 'shoots left' - it is the horizontal smudge just beneath and right of the streetlamp:

Clipboard-1.jpg.bdfd51e48e1f6b5de400b272f9ea546c.jpg

First up, you will note that the leftwards-shooting light completely misses the lower two parachutists (the lowest one's flare has just gone out when this frame was grabbed).

Second, if you view just that section of the video, you will note that the shooting light travels at exactly the same rate (but in the opposite direction) as the bright streetlamp that is just above it.  That is rather strong evidence that the apparent motion was induced by the vehicle's speed, and that the light is simply on the other side of the road and being reflected.  If not, it's a HUGE coincidence that the velocity is exactly right for that scenario...

Parachutists.

A reflected street lamp.

No mystery.  No UFOs.

• Like 2

Brought to you by Bluravision!  Seriously, OP, we have parking lot lights here that look like hovering Cylon Deathstars, on a foggy night. If you shot the reflection on glass it would look totally awesome. Yours gets a very charitable D-.

Edited by Hammerclaw

It's so simple... I don't even need to look at the video. The only account of something strange in the sky is via those who recorded the footage! Job done IMO

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

May I strongly suggest that before you try taking the high road like this, that you learn a little about analysing videos....?  Read on..

No, you watch again.  This time, start from the beginning, and think about *everything* that you are seeing, not just the bits that, by coincidence only, look 'interesting'.

Here, let me help:

This is being shot from inside a car.  What can we infer from that?

A couple of things - first the footage will be shaky, as the person gets bumped around and they struggle to hold the thing steady.  Movement of the camera will, of course, result in magnified movement of the scene and thus you need to be careful to not assume movement without properly using reference points / other components of the scene to determine *actual* movement.

Second, and this is REALLY basic - if the window is up and it clearly is, we will see reflections of stuff coming from both inside the car and also outside the car on the other sides.  Naturally, some of that stuff will be travelling in the opposite direction relative to the scene being shot, so the reflected lights will go the other way....  you know, like 'lights shooting off to the left'.  Watch the rest of the video and you will see several examples (a good researcher will notice such stuff, rather than just the bit they wish to use to further their claim) - most of those reflections are going slower, but the one at 1:30 is almost certainly a car travelling in the other direction (or one passing at speed - note that vehicle they are in is clearly slowing down).  Plus it doesn't really line up with the light you have associated it with..

Sorry, but this is nothing 'mysterious', and may I suggest it would help your future reputation here if you learn from this and acknowledge that.  Your choice of course...

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

I decided to spend a little more time on this, and have come to the likeliest conclusion that the light that shoots to the left is in fact a street lamp.  Take a look here - this is a screen grab just as the light 'shoots left' - it is the horizontal smudge just beneath and right of the streetlamp:

Clipboard-1.jpg.bdfd51e48e1f6b5de400b272f9ea546c.jpg

First up, you will note that the leftwards-shooting light completely misses the lower two parachutists (the lowest one's flare has just gone out when this frame was grabbed).

Second, if you view just that section of the video, you will note that the shooting light travels at exactly the same rate (but in the opposite direction) as the bright streetlamp that is just above it.  That is rather strong evidence that the apparent motion was induced by the vehicle's speed, and that the light is simply on the other side of the road and being reflected.  If not, it's a HUGE coincidence that the velocity is exactly right for that scenario...

Parachutists.

A reflected street lamp.

No mystery.  No UFOs.

Did you completely ignore the other media showing different angles and vantage points of the same phenomenon?

3 hours ago, Invisig0th said:

Did you completely ignore the other media showing different angles and vantage points of the same phenomenon?

Yes, I did indeed.  I'd imagine it is of the same 'quality'.  If you would like to come back and explain WHY you are so convinced you have something, in detail (see above for example), then I may get interested.  But if the above is any indication of the quality, it will be the same as loads of other Youtube videos, that are all equal wastes of time.

I spent quite a bit of time looking at that video, and explained in detail why it ISN'T anything special.  You however... have simply posted two YT links and not even acknowledged you were wrong in your interpretation.  So, take a wild guess how enthused I am about looking at more stuff you stumbled over.

Tataa.

Edited by ChrLzs

3 hours ago, Invisig0th said:

An what about the most compelling footage of all at 2:09!!!

All I saw was stars and streetlights and tiny lens flares on the tiny lens of a cell phone camera.

• Like 1

Okey dokey that was boring. More distant lights in the sky. The zoom to the left idea reminds me of all of the videos of two Suns where the video shows a reflection of the Sun because the window is double-paned. Here we see that reflections reverse left and right. The video could be a good demo of the effect. It's not  good video to suggest something odd  in the sky. It is a good video showing that cameras can pick up the lights of flares from parachutists from a distance. It's not so good a video to claim unknown flying objects in the sky.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Invisig0th said:

It seems very clear that we are dealing with something not of this earth.

I'd be interested in you telling everyone what you see in the video that is as you call it "something not of this earth".

Here is what I saw. Someone is driving and there are some lights in the sky. The person drives for a while and the lights change position with each other. The lowest light is gone leaving two. There is a break and the filming continues at a yard outside of a car. Then there is a jump to some stills ad a final message which is an ad.

First off I rarely go to youtube. That also means I don't subscribe to any of the crap there. I need to say that before I say the ad asks people to see more of what appears to be nothing of interest unless you like views of a city in the evening looking out a car window. I don't.

So now that I sowed what I saw in the videos take the time to explain what you see in the video that is as you call it "something not of this earth". If you nitpick what I posted then you lose the chance to explain what you saw.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Invisig0th said:

Did you completely ignored post #6?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Invisig0th said:

It seems very clear that we are dealing with something not of this earth.

hBcY4u2.jpg

Edited by toast
  • Like 4